MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

Filtered by age: 30-35
MISSHA  Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20ml

4.5

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, TalcIron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 4/5/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample of Cho Bo in shade #21 thinking it might be a tiny bit too dark. For reference, I'm #13 in Missha's Signature BB, MAC NW10 (there abouts) or ghost. So, #21. Well, it is pretty darn pale, it seems to match my skin beautifully. Perhaps, if I were to be superpicky, it's a tiny, tiny bit on the dark side, but that's why we have something called "blending".....

I like this BB cream. A lot.

I have dry/combo, acne prone, slightly red, pinky, hyper pigmented, annoyingly imperfect skin, with visible pores. Hell yes, I've got it all going on, aren't I lucky?

But, Cho Bo... She evens, covers, moisturises, hides my pores. I'm left with a natural, refined, velvety finish that dries & doesn't feel sticky. You could get away with not powdering. It doesn't grab on to dry patches, it doesn't look cakey, it's even & has great medium to high coverage. Bear in mind, this was only one coat applied using a flat-headed brush & by using about a pea-sized amount. It's exceptional. I would definitely recommend if you have dry/combination skin!

on 5/28/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm reviewing the new version of this BB which comes with a pump top. I have pale skin with a cool undertone and Ive been using Missha Signature BB in 13 and adding the tiniest dab of a taupe foundation to get the perfect colour. I was pretty much resigned to doing this because I love the Signature BB. However after using Cho Bo Yang I've ditched it. Even though it has even less colour range Signature, the #1 shade is spot on perfect for me. Its hard to describe, almost the same depth as #13 providing a very cool, pale finish, but slightly more natural in that it doesnt have that absolutely stark, white, ghostly colour before it oxidises. It also smells really nice, very subtle and herb-like.
The texture is glorious, thicker than Signature and more moisturising. I find it needs to be applied with clean hands so the heat melts it into your skin. I then buff it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I sometimes mix it with moisturiser for a sheer finish, applied alone it provides a medium-full level of coverage. I often dont even bother with a concealer. If you have very oily skin it may be a little too moisturising. I have normal/combo skin and find I have to blot a little earlier during the day than I do with the Signature BB, but I think its absolutely worth it. Ive thrown out all my foundations since I cant see myself ever needing anything else but Cho Bo Yang as its so versatile.

on 6/29/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The ONLY con about this product is its grey-pinkish-hued color (in the lighter one). Its heavy-pink tone is favored by some in Korea, but is not my personal favorite. It just didn't look natural on me, clashed with my neck and body skin tone (Mac NC15-20), and made me look quite "made-up."

Other than that, it was everything one could hope for: great skincare benefits, smooth and creamy, not cakey, good coverage yet natural looking (as long as the color agreed with you), wonderful lasting power, not oxidizing, etc. It made my skin look smooth-textured and radiant.

I've seen this praised on so many Korean beauty forums, and rightfully so. As for the color problem, many people mix this with a little bit of heavy-yellow toned base product such as Missha's M Signature Radiance Foundation. For me, I applied a heavy-yellow toned powder foundation on top of it to counteract the pinkish-ness.

I eventually stopped purchasing it after the second tube. But if you're okay with the color, it's definitely THE Korean BB cream to try. It's pricy, but Missha goes on sale fairly frequently, even on its US website.

on 8/11/2013 5:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My new HG! I've tried a few bb creams in search for one that was just right, & I think this one is it! I got this in the lightest shade & it's a very good match for my fair, yellow toned skin. It has a slightly herbal smell that I think is lovely, but not overpowering. The texture is very thick, but it blends very easily & has excellent pigmentation. It dries to a beautiful dewey finish, without looking greasy or oily. It stays all day when set with a powder, & it takes very little product to make my skin look flawless. I love this & will purchase again & again!

on 9/23/2012 5:10:00 PM

I have this in shade #2. I love the coverage this offers but it's a little dark for my nc20 skin.

on 8/15/2012 9:21:00 AM

I bought this online in the No 2 shade and at first thought it was so dark (I have very fair colouring - alabaster skin and light grey eyes and blonde hair) so I mixed it with a little bit of Laura Mercier pale foundation and it lightened it just enough for my (currently tanned) skin. The coverage and texture of this BB cream is amazing. I have normal skin with an oily T-zone and didn't even need a moisturiser with this - it just smoothed on to give a flawless finish. Coverage is excellent and the finish is glowy. I have since bought this in shade 1 and this too is still a little too dark so it may be my complexion. I think this colour is rather ruddy (has a pink undertone) and I am more suited to yellow toned make-up. My MAC foundation is NC15.

on 6/26/2012 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who doesn't need much coverage (my go-to makeup is Alima mineral foundation and blush) I think of BB creams as enhanced sunscreens -- and had high hopes for this almost unanimously praised version. With quite fair Asian skin (NC15-ish) even in summer, I felt confident ordering Cho Bo Yang in its lighter shade, Natural Beige. Turns out I'm still a couple of shades too dark for it. I agree that coverage is great, like a substantial liquid foundation, but for me it verges on mask-like, though I used only a 1/4-pea-sized amount of product over my entire face. Still, I'll be keeping this BB cream as a winter sunscreen and if that works well consider trying the darker shade. Two nagging questions: why is this BB cream so much pricier ($46) than Missha's Perfect Cover ($30)? And what in the world makes it the "Herbal Prescription BB Cream," according to Missha's website?

on 5/30/2012 4:04:00 AM

I bought this product and just tried #1. Very thick sticky liquid. I put a few dots around my face and spread it out until it blend into my skin tone. Very good coverage. This is the first BB cream I have tried. Will buy again if I want to do makeup again.

on 5/25/2012 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everything about this BB cream has been pretty much said. It is indeed, the best BB cream out there and I've tried quiet a few. It makes my skin looking natural, like I'm wearing no makeup. It covers so well and lasts all day. I do recommend it!

Having checked out Missha's marketing of this particular BB cream ("best for dry and/or sensitive skin," "works better in drier seasons"), I picked up a travel size tube of this for my mother when I repurchased my beloved Perfect Cover. I ended up trying it instead when my typically-oily skin went through a more sensitive and dry stage... and my poor mother never got to see that tube. The Cho Bo Yang is actually a little thicker than Perfect Cover, and the texture feels a little more dry - not what I was expecting in a BB cream advertised for dry skin. It absorbs oil well, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and generally lasts all day for me. Coverage is medium but can fairly easily be sheered down or built up, and it looks remarkably natural. I don't know that ingredients like "velvet and pure gold" (???) necessarily help my skin in any way, but it hasn't aggravated any skin issues or caused breakouts or reactions for me. It's quick and easy to apply with my fingers in the morning, and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin when I've worn it. I love the squeeze tube - why don't more foundations use this packaging? The downsides... It is a bit expensive, with a $45.99 price tag for the 50ml size, but Missha does offer frequent promotions; I picked up a 50ml tube from the MisshaUS site recently for $9.99. And the shade range is extremely limited. I've been wearing shade 1 (Natural Beige), and it comes out of the tube almost a pale pinky-grey color. I was slightly horrified when I saw it, but somehow it adjusts well to my NW20 skin. I never thought I'd jump on the BB cream bandwagon - so few foundations actually last through my daily life (15-hour days, mostly working outdoors) without irritating my (sensitive, very breakout- and reaction-prone) skin, and I doubted BB creams would live up to the hype with their long lists of often bizarre ingredients. This and Perfect Cover have made a believer out of me.