Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Facial Lotion with SPF 15

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Daily Facial Lotion with SPF 15

4.2

Water (Aqua), Octinoxate, Oxybenzone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylpropanediol, Cetearth-20, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate Butytospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Hyrodlyzed Milk Protein, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Glyvol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Glycerin, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palimitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, ButylphenylMethylpropional, A-lsomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

UPDATE 28/08: Still my favourite moisturiser but I wear this with foundations which offer that dewy look. This helps it in that department and works as a brilliant primer for it. I love this product because it really feels like the idea of a "high end moisturiser". Its thick without feeling or being heavy and it doesn't move or slide off but feels firm on my face.

Previous Review:
Hooray for what feel feels like a premium un-generic lotion with spf without the hefty price tag. Brought this on Amazon, 2 for the price of 1 at £6! I've been using this everyday and despite occasionally using a bit too much each time, there is still loads left. This is a thick lotion so a little goes a long way, it is thick because it has cocoa extract as its 2nd ingredient! They definitely were not being stingy there in their production cost. As we all know, cocoa (butter) helps to even out skin tone. I use this as a primer too and even wear it under my spf 50 lotion just so I can reap the benefits from the cocoa butter. As a stand alone daily moisturiser, it does the job well and eventually absorbs giving a silky, satin feel to the skin without it being greasy. It also smells lovely like faint chocolate and flowers with a thick texture, off white consistency paste. A great lotion to wear indoors and outdoors, but I rather stay protected with another higher spf on top.

on 12/20/2015 1:50:00 PM

I have been using this for about 2-3 months and it is probably up there on the list of my all time favorite facial moisturizers. I use it at night before bed, granted, I should use a heavier moisturizer since this one is so light weight and fast absorbing and I have incredibly dry skin, especially now that it's winter. However, I just can't part with it because i prefer fast absorbing lotions. It performs well and does what it says: moisturizes. The smell is not too bad, it doesn't linger too long. The packaging is good for the low price, easy, straight forward and non-contaminating.

To Read all 20 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/1/2015 6:27:00 AM

It absorbs quickly and I guess that is not so bad to use in the summer, since it is one thing that they say about it: non-greasy.
However, I am not very comfortable with its smell it is also not a very good moisturizer. If you have rather dry skin I don't recommend it.

on 4/14/2015 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

has really helped to sooth my eczema on my face when nothing the doctor said would work on my skin, this has given me faith in products that do help.

on 8/16/2014 9:59:00 PM

A nice surprise. Moistures nicely but is not greasy at all. Gives a nice glow to the skin. SPF 15. I put this on my face, neck, décolletage and back of hands every morning. So far so good.

on 4/14/2014 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product makes skin look and feel TRULY moisturized without a hint of greasiness. Moreover, it doesn't irritate my very acne prone skin. I don't wear it during the day or under makeup because I only use spf 30+ for that, but this is so good that I often use it as a night cream. It does the job well. A definite repurchase!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a review for the DAILY CALMING FACIAL LOTION. my skin is dry, very dry and flaky. One day not long ago, it started to get very irritated and flake really bad under my eyes/on my cheeks, so i decided to go to priceline and get something that would calm my skin, i picked this and the LINE SMOOTHING EYE CREAM, and oh my god, my skin hasn't felt this smooth in so long!! (seriously, it's like baby skin). The eye cream has also significantly reduced the fine lines under my eyes. Both of these products are absolutely amazing, and are also very affordable (Around $12) each in australia. Highly recommend as i have very troublesome skin and these two worked wonders for me.

on 7/12/2013 10:15:00 PM

Smelled really, really horrid to me. The smell was a very nasty, mineral/chemical smell that got into my throat and reminded me of turpentine or paint. Underneath that, I could dimly perceive the usual cocoa butter scent. Maybe I had a bad batch or something, but I'm not going to pay even the small amount this product costs to try again. I put mine in the bin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

really pleased palmers have a facial range.
the ingredients in this are really good, compared to other popular brands!
it's great for sensitive skin, due to its formula, and its incredibly moisturising - without leaving a thick and oily residue. it leaves skin soft, protected and smooth.
i always try and out on an SPF -at least 15 - everyday. i do my usual routine, cleanse, eye cream and moisturise. it is important to leave a few moments to let any moisturisor soak into the skin before applying make up.
do not use this product at night, it is a day cream and the SPF is wasted.
it is quite a high priced product, however, i'm happy to buy again!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My skin is insanely dry and super sensitive, so I use this after cleansing, and I love the smell! It's this cocoa-y / chocolatey smell to it, and it actually feels thick when you're trying to work it into your skin, but after that, it literally feels light and super-moisturizing - just the way I like it, I can feel the moisture on my skin but it's not too heavy either. It works okay under foundation. Pricing is alright, and packaging is basic, but I think it works great for equatorial climate.