Mandom Barrier Repair Repair Concentrate Serum

Mandom  Barrier Repair Repair Concentrate Serum

4.6

water, cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-75, dipropylene glycol, hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, polyquarternium-51, squalane, phytosterol macadamiate, hydroxylated lecithin, glycerylamidoethylmethacrylate / stearyl methacrylate copolymer, ceramide 2, vaccinum myrtillus extract, PEG-150 stearate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, dimethicone, carbomer, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium hydroxide, etidronic acid, xanthan gum, hydrogenated lecithin, octoldodecanol, PEG-25 stearate, soybean sterols, decylene glycol, caprylyl glycol.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This stuff is pure gold for dry skin in the winter -- I wear this after my toner, and before my moisturizer, and it definitely makes myb moisturizer work twice as hard at moisturizing my skin. For some reason, I bought this a few years ago and never used it until now, but I'm glad I did before I tossed it. It's seriously an HG winter serum:)

on 1/9/2016 5:21:00 PM

My skin: Dry, sensitive, acne-prone, pale (~NC15), with redness in cheeks and T-zone. Easily irritated/allergy-prone.

I rub 1-2 pumps of this between my fingers and then pat into my skin. Immediately afterwards, I apply moisturizer. For me, it doesn't work on its own so I definitely need to apply moisturizer on top. This works absolutely great with my skin -- doesn't irritate and helps to keep my skin moisturized. I use it morning and night.

I've repurchased this time and time again for at least 2-3 years now. I get this from adambeauty for $18USD and often buy 2-3 bottles at a time.

on 6/12/2014 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Product description: Moisturizes skin and creates a barrier to prevent moisture from escaping. Perfect for dry, stressed skin. Creates a protective membrane on skin surface and gives skin firmness and elasticity. Contains highly absorbing hyaluronic acid which size is 1/100 of the regular hyaluronic Acid. Also contains Baby Water lipid which is similar to baby's Vernix Caseosa. Gentle formula is perfect for delicate skin. Paraben and fragrance free.

Cosdna: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_de93128470.html

Pros:
- good cost performance (about 1200 yen for 60g)
- mild or next to no fragrance
- convenient and hygienic pump bottle with lid; great for travel
- didn't break me out
- all the ingredients are fairly safe while acne-causing and irritating ingredients are rated fairly low (see cosdna link)

Cons:
- not moisturizing enough by itself personally; feels like it wears off by lunchtime
- just a ~little~ bit sticky after application, even after waiting half an hour
- it was fairly hard to find; I had to check several drug stores and super markets to find it

on 7/17/2013 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sells for about $10 in Hong Kong and is one of the best hydrating serums regardless of price. It does simply one thing, hydrates the skin, and works perfectly. Does not leave a shiny or oily finish and soaks in quickly. I have very dry skin so always layer Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Toner under and then moisturizer on top, perfect combo for long lasting hydration all day. HG product.

on 6/21/2013 4:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

When my oily skin was super dehydrated, I found it very difficult to moisturize because nothing was ever enough. However, this product was one of two that actually seemed to work (the other is Elta MD Intense, which I like a lot better). It is a milk consistency and it more or less sinks into the skin. The finish was shiny and sticky, but it moisturized very well so I didn't mind too much.

The issue is that this definitely clogs my pores. I didn't break out in terrible acne, but I saw a lot of small bumps near my nose and on the inner part of my cheeks. The pores there were very clogged and it was pretty gross because every time I washed my face, I could feel how congested my pores were in that area. It took a couple days for everything to get back to normal, but I had to stop using this product for the de-gunking to be possible.

on 1/28/2013 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've given this a full week of 2x/day use before reviewing, just to make sure the initial impression was correct.

For reference, I have fairly reactionary rosacea skin that's prone to breakouts.

This product is fabulous! I can honestly say that I noticed a difference after the first application; my moisturizer went on nicely, and my foundation sat much nicer on my skin.

For the price, this just cannot be beat, IMO. The size is very generous, and the performance is pretty much perfect. My skin is so much more balanced and hydrated this past week. I have noticed no additional redness or breakouts so far, and that would have been a 24-48 hour reaction for me, so I think I can safely say that it's pretty safe for the average person to give it a go.

on 1/7/2013 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A cheap and efficient serum but may not be sufficient for HARSH winters (at least for my skin).

on 10/2/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This absolutely saved my skin from utter dehydration. It made it look plump and moisturized without leaving a greasy residue or clogging me, both difficult traits to find for my oily and finicky skin. I could not recommend this more as a simple daily moisturizing serum, no matter your skin type.

on 8/15/2012 7:49:00 PM

After trying various $20 to $50 useless moisturizers, I finally bought this serum for $14 on ebay. It's the best moisturizer/hydrator I've ever used, even in the hot summer after stripping my skin with waterproof sunscreen and oil cleanser. No more eczema patches! The finish is dewy and it hasn't clogged my pores after 3 months. If I skip a day, there is still lasting benefit for 1-2 more days. Scent free. It comes in a pump bottle with a cap, easy to travel with and no waste.

on 8/8/2012 11:01:00 PM

I've used this product over a year and I have always come back to it since it really save my skin no matter what condition it's in. I'm am one of those people who goes into crazy cosmetic fabs when people say something is great (which we all know it doesn't work for everyone), so I've brought way too many useless things for me to count, but this one is my number one moisturizer. why I love this? It's super thin, so it absorbs right away. It penetrate deep into the skin, so you won't feel awfully dry during odd days of the month. It never ever broke me out even through I have the most sensitive acne prone skin there is. With half of the stuff I've brought breaking me out, I am glad this product exists since now I have only the occasional acne rather than a break out and oil control on my skin is better, when my inner skin layer is moisturized. On another plus side, it has no fragrance nor it's expensive for a 60 ml serum. I also love the Essence as well that gives extra moist during winter or as a night cream, but the cream is too thick for combination to oily skin. I just wish they sell this in Canada, rather than online only, but waiting it's not much an issue when my skin is loving it this much. It really doesn't hurt to try considering the price is so reasonable. I am glad I tried this, I hope it works out for those of you who is desperately searching for the right moisturizer, just like I did. If you want to know where to get it online, you can get it at ebay or imomoko (but might not carry it in the future since it was on clearance for some reason)

extra tip: goes great with Nivea water gel sun screen.