Lancome Bienfait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen

3.1

Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (15%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (5%), and Oxybenzone (6%): Provide broad- spectrum UVA/UVB protection, Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane,Nylon-12, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Edta, Dodecene, Poloxamer 407.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Okay I absolutely love how this sunscreen feels on. It melts into my skin without feeling heavy or greasy (mature dry/normal skin here) and my makeup applies flawlessly on top. I have not burned or tanned since using this product and I live in a very hot, sunny location. Okay a couple down sides, the price is very steep for the amount that you get. Here's the big one which really bums me out, I have high tendencies toward melasma, it's hormonal for me and unfortunately this sunscreen doesn't help with the melasma at all. It makes me sad because overall I would say this is the loveliest feeling sunscreen on my skin. I believe I have to stay with physical sunscreen when my melasma is a problem, I will continue to use this product though as I love it that much.

on 8/21/2016 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This sunscreen doesn't make my oily/combination skin feel greasy, but it does leave a white film on my face every time I go to use it. The film is fine when I plan to follow up the sunscreen with foundation, but it's definitely not cute on no-makeup days. I love the broad spectrum SPF, so until it runs out I'll deal with the pilling (rolling into little white balls) and the watery texture of this sunscreen, but once we're done, we're done for good.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/21/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised by the low score for this! To each their own I suppose, but this is my go to sunscreen for face. It's a high SPF (50) and it has a light, fluid texture that works well with my oilier skin! A must have.

on 7/10/2015 1:38:00 AM

i was about to buy this at ulta but decided against it because of its heavy fragrance, nothing against fragrance in my skin products imo, however when i tested this on the back of my hand it smells like lighter fluid/rubber cement, i put it down immediately

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- feels greasy on the fingers but absorbs quickly
- moisturizing
- does not leave a white cast
- spreads easily
- good squeeze bottle
- high SPF so I don't have to buy two for outdoor days
- does not cause breakouts

Cons:
- pricier than drugstore ones
- runny
- must shake bottle before applying
- stings my eyes

on 2/5/2015 12:40:00 AM

I am honestly surprised to see the bad reviews here! after a long and arduous search for a something that wouldn't break me out, I have finally found my HG sunscreen! It glides on and absorbs quickly, leaving my skin feeling soft and primed for makeup application. there is no cakey, white residue, and it doesn't turn grainy when you apply foundation or BB cream. I will definitely buy this product again and again.

on 6/13/2014 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It makes my skin really oily!

on 5/21/2014 3:41:00 PM

I use a large amount of UV product on my face, this one leaves an oil film on my face, stings my eyes, dries my skin a little bit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bienfait UV spf 50 left my face super shiny with a hint of shimmer. It was odd. My skin also stayed white. Now I'm pale and proud of it. I don't go out in the sun and never have, protecting myself diligently. But this product made me look like a Geisha girl in drag.
It was runny which I also disliked intensely. I don't want a sunscreen that is too gloppy, either, mind you, but I don't want one that is so watery that I have to move that quickly to get it on my face. Then I'm wondering about the actual coverage of the spf.
I'm very careful around my eyes, but, and this is a big one, if it did get anywhere near them, it stung like crazy.
As far as cost, it's on a par with other cosmetic line sunscreens, so that's not an issue. You actually get a lot for the price. The container was ok as far as handling. I was ok with the cost and I wanted to shop a skincare line for my suncare line for my face.
But Bienfait failed miserably. Back to Sephora I went. This sunscreen just didn't work out for me.

on 12/20/2012 7:39:00 PM

I have bought many face sunscreens trying most every matte facial sunscreen on the market. This one seems to be the only one that works for me. I love that it plays nicely with makeup going on matte and sinking into skin quickly allowing me to apply my base right after and I stay matte all day. It has a high SPF, which since I have melasma, is a must for me or I get brown spots immediately. If you get this in your eyes it will sting like crazy, more so than other sunscreens. This seems to break me out less than other comparable sunscreens. I wish this was cheaper or that Neutrogena matte sunscreen which is cheaper worked for me. I do find it on ebay pretty regularly for $22 pretty regularly.