MAC Cosmo Lipstick

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been on a matte kick lately but started to hate the way they felt on my lips, so I picked this up. It is such a gorgeous flattering pink on my Nc25-30 complexion. I love the shiny finish and how comfortable this is on the lips. It also wears very long for me and doesn't leave my lips dry after.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

In my need to replace a discontinued shade - Soft Sell - and unable to get to a MAC store, I searched online and decided that Cosmo is the closest currently sold shade (more so than the similar but different Brave, Twig, Velvet Teddy, and others). I tried it the second it turned up on my doorstep and I'm quite happy. Not the same as the dearly departed Soft Sell - a little more pink - but very nice, nonetheless. And I love the "amplified" formula.

This lipstick is gorgeous. It's a slightly warm toned medium rosy pink shade with quite a shiny finish. I would say this is similar to velvet teddy, but it's more of a pink than a brown. It looks amazing on olive skin!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I avoided this for a while because I had tried another Amplified lipstick, Half n Half, and was disappointed with the formula. However I've found that the colour of a lipstick and whether it's darker or lighter than your natural lip makes a huge difference. Cosmo is quite a bit darker than my natural lip, and I found the amplified formula works really well when it didn't with Half n Half. It glides on and I make sure not to press too hard so I don't get overly creamy lips or an undefined lip line. This is another one of those shades that pull differently depending on your skintone. I am NC30, but somewhere between neutral and warm. This looks like a simple medium pink on me. No mauve, brown, rose, coral, just pink. Almost kind of low-key barbie pink, and fades comfortably and evenly to a MLBB stain. Not drying at all and makes your lips look smooth and healthy.

Lovely shade. Looks like a cheecy. I want to try these shades. I am great fan of these lipstick shades.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am around NC10-15 and most pinks look absolutely horrific and clashy on me, but not this! It also doesn't pull too brown or mauve like a lot of other muted pink lipsticks. On me it's the perfect warm pink with just enough brown to make it look slightly muted and very natural...it's a lot like what I *wanted* Bite Beauty's Pepper to be (pulled way too brown and dark). It's definitely not a nude for me, but a MLBB that is 1-2 shades darker than my bare lips which are moderately pigmented and have some mauve and red in them. It really brightens and warms up my face without looking obvious and is the first lipstick I've found that I could see myself wearing for any occasion.

The Amplified Cream formula is super nice and this shade in particular doesn't dry out my lips at all which is a miracle. It really smooths out my lips and doesn't settle in or emphasize lines. Application is a breeze thanks to the creamy formula - - no skipping or dragging! It does transfer and won't make it through a whole day (wouldn't expect it to), but Cosmo is a really low maintenance shade and easy to reapply without much effort. I sometimes blot it a few minutes after applying which helps a lot with longevity, but doesn't suck all of the moisture out. This could definitely end up being my HG everyday lipstick and the end of a VERY long search. Perfect formula and perfect color (for me) is something I've never found until now.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lipstick looks good on anyone. It's just a pretty color great for everyday wear.
It just gives you that nude feel and just gives your face warmth. It's not pale either unlike other nudey shades.

Give this shade a try!

This is the first MAC lipstick. One of my best friends send it to me as my birthday gift. I should say it's amazing and I love it so much. I like the color because it fits my skin and face.
Unlike some of lipsticks I bought before, this one never feel dry when wear it. I would like to get a pink one again someday. MAC, love you ~~~

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Great Medium Cream finish pink! Even on My Nc-42ish skin tone, I use it with Soar lipliner or Kevyn Aucyone pink lipliner. Can be worn alone or with eye makeup and can look professional as well. Photographs well. Will all the pinks and mauves and liquid lipsticks I have been buying still a favorite.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I adore this colour! It's just lovely and so complimenting. There are days when I just don't know what to wear, or feel like everything looks off, and cosmo is there to the rescue - it *always* looks right. It gives so much colour to my lips but it's not too bold, and it's just a lovely brown-pink shade.
The amplified finish is very comfortable: it's opaque, light on the lips and moisturizing.
I do feel though that it's not as long lasting as I'd like. I feel that the amplified finishes transfer more easily to whatever is touching your lips than satin or matte finishes, but it still leaves a nice stain during the day and I'd describe it as requiring medium maintance.
Overall, it's one of my absolute favorite lipsticks and I just love it.

Popular Lipsticks