Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.6

on 10/26/2018 9:15:00 AM

Overall its a decent product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

The packaging is alright. Upon first use it requires multiple turns in order for the product to come out, but it is workable.

The sponge applicator does not bother me since I'm not a makeup artist, so I'm not extremely particular whether it is sanitary or not.

In terms of the product itself, I'm not extremely fond of the formulation. It's not lightweight, so if you apply too much of it, it feels and looks cakey on your skin even with a lot of blending, which is what I realised. The coverage itself is alright, I would say medium coverage at most. Its possible to apply more than a layer in my opinion, but just ensure that you prep your undereye area really well and keep it hydrated, or else it will really look cakey and you may experience slight creasing. It's only going to get worse if you choose to set your undereye area or even "bake" them.

Another thing I've noticed when I applied more than one layer sometimes is that, my undereye area start to sting if I put on too much. I also had the same issue when I tried to use this concealer as an eye primer for my eyeshadows. It tingles slightly, but I've never had such an issue with the other concealers I tried. So do keep in mind about that.

Functionality wise, its good. The coverage is there, the longevity is about 6-8 hrs which is sufficient for me, and I do not require any touch ups. Another thing to point out is its affordable, so what more can you ask for!

My personal recommendation is that if you don't have extreme dark eye circles to cover, and your skin is not as sensitive, you may consider purchasing this because I do find that one layer is good enough and the product itself is workable in general. It's not entirely bad to thrash it out into the bin.

However, if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it simply because of the stinging factor.

Overall in general, I would use up this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again, since there are better options out there that does the job for me and I honestly do not mind paying more.

Hope this helps!

on 5/15/2018 3:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It creases so badly!
I tried to pair this with my mac waterweight foundation and my maybelline fit me foundation then set it with the laura mercier powder. It still creases! Sigh.....it has so many good reviews and the price is so cheap. It is really sad this product dint work out well for me

on 3/30/2018 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite it being a great concealer, this broke me out badly. To those who are not acne prone, this is a good drugstore concealer. It is very light-weight and it covered my dark circles under my eyes and dark spots left from pimples. Also, if you think the sponge isnt hygenic, you can pull it out. Pay attention to the ingredients, I realized that sodium chloride in makeup breaks me out.

on 3/4/2018 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Favorite concealer. Always have it on me.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

mine is in shade neutralizer
honestly, i didn't see any change on my dark circle when i use this product
i don't get any weird reaction

i think it's just a so so concealer for my liking

the packaging with that little sponge on top of it, that irks me to be honest
not sure if it's hygiene

usually i will take the actual product first and put it on the back on my hand before use it
i never use it directly with that sponge

on 10/16/2017 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Overall i really like this concealer. The coverage is good, doesnt really crease (little to none), great staying power and layers on top of liquid foundation really nicely. It also does a great job at brightening up my dark circles, and i really enjoy the tingling cooling sensation when applying it to my under eyes. Only "problem" that i have with it is not with the formula itself, but with the packaging. I would personally prefer a doe foot applicator, but thats mostly just me since i'm an absolute idiot at gauging how much products comes out from the twist and turn sponge tip applicator that this concealer came with.

Not that good

on 7/26/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Probably the most natural looking concealer i ever had. the fact that it has spongy thing helps the products to look beautiful not cake. Price could be lesser because it really is amazing but its worth it. It says age rewind and when i was buying this the worker said "you are too young for that" it covers my dark circles perfectly and brightens my eye area. I tried using it as a eye shadow base too - i was curious- and it worked good. To sum up, loved it and its almost finished now, will definitely buy it again.

on 6/28/2017 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The product looks beautiful on the skin. The finish is slightly dewy and natural. Looks better when patted in than moved around.

It does not give me the coverage I need or want, but the colour suits me so well I cannot abandon it! I've used Light and Neutraliser and I love the yellow undertone of it! Most concealers are peachy or pinkish which I really don't like on my skin tone.

Would definitely recommend, in my opinion it is one of the best drugstore concealers.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The nature colour is sooo orange& the texture is thick and not blending well. It nearly do nothing to cover the dark circle. Not really worth it hype.