Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 1/29/2019 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like the applicator and when I applied the concealer, it made my eyes and the skin around my eyes burn. Also, it made my skin peel in spots. I will not be using this product again.

This is one of the best concealers that I have tried and its price its really good. It covers well my under eyes. I have a medium - tan skin tone and I use the medium skin tone shade. The only bad thing about it is that if you have a deeper skin tone it can be hard to find your shade at Target or Walmart because usually the darkest shade they have there is medium. But overall I loooveee this concealer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Concealers tend to be the bane of my existence. They crease, they get patchy, they don't apply right. Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind cuts a few of those issues. It's not perfect, but it's better than the majority of concealers I've tried.

The unique and innovative applicator caught my eye and drove me to buying it for the first time. I fell in love with it. It was creamy, easy application (I honestly do not like pots or doe's foot applicators for concealers), but sat well with my foundation and primer. My only issue is that it did crease and melt under the heat and humidity after a few hours, but I was also applying waaaay too much at the time.

There's quite a lot packed into that little tube, but it was $24 and for it's price... I can't really justify it. I do like it and I do not mind splurging on makeup, so I will buy it again but if there's a cheaper alternative that does just as good, I wouldn't stick too close to this concealer.

on 10/26/2018 9:15:00 AM

Overall its a decent product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

The packaging is alright. Upon first use it requires multiple turns in order for the product to come out, but it is workable.

The sponge applicator does not bother me since I'm not a makeup artist, so I'm not extremely particular whether it is sanitary or not.

In terms of the product itself, I'm not extremely fond of the formulation. It's not lightweight, so if you apply too much of it, it feels and looks cakey on your skin even with a lot of blending, which is what I realised. The coverage itself is alright, I would say medium coverage at most. Its possible to apply more than a layer in my opinion, but just ensure that you prep your undereye area really well and keep it hydrated, or else it will really look cakey and you may experience slight creasing. It's only going to get worse if you choose to set your undereye area or even "bake" them.

Another thing I've noticed when I applied more than one layer sometimes is that, my undereye area start to sting if I put on too much. I also had the same issue when I tried to use this concealer as an eye primer for my eyeshadows. It tingles slightly, but I've never had such an issue with the other concealers I tried. So do keep in mind about that.

Functionality wise, its good. The coverage is there, the longevity is about 6-8 hrs which is sufficient for me, and I do not require any touch ups. Another thing to point out is its affordable, so what more can you ask for!

My personal recommendation is that if you don't have extreme dark eye circles to cover, and your skin is not as sensitive, you may consider purchasing this because I do find that one layer is good enough and the product itself is workable in general. It's not entirely bad to thrash it out into the bin.

However, if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it simply because of the stinging factor.

Overall in general, I would use up this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again, since there are better options out there that does the job for me and I honestly do not mind paying more.

Hope this helps!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this concealer!! Only concealer that doesnt crease in my wringles around my eyes. I use the Medium shade and it's perfect. Non drying, light weight, good coverage, and stays on all day and night. Great product! Better than higher end brands that I've tried. A little goes a long way and one stick last months.

I know other reviewers hate the application sponge but i dont mind it. Easy to apply and even distribution of product.

Haven't caused any breakouts or skin irritations. I'm on my 3rd one.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great item for on the go, or a little brightening for my light and fresh makeup days. Even works great on the beach or Gym for a little pick me up around the eyes.

on 7/22/2018 4:24:00 PM

I had the Light one and it did the job well. I have dark circles around my eyes and it covered them pretty nicely. Sometimes I used this and just some powder, without the foundation and it looked very fresh and natural. I want to try other concealers but if everything else fails, I will come back to this. And also, the price is friendly.

on 4/23/2018 11:16:00 AM

This is such a good cheap concealer to have around, especially if your under eye circles are not extremely dark. I feel like if you had extreme dark circles it might not be completely effective without a corrector underneath.

I'm a makeup junkie that doesn't buy many drugstore items because I just seem to get better results with higher end stuff. This is the exception to that rule, though. I don't wear it all the time and I removed the funky little ball applicator because it didn't seem sanitary. However when I do wear it I have no problems with it. I prefer a creamy but not greasy concealer for my undereye and I find this to be the perfect consistency when used over a good silicone based primer. It always blends out flawlessly with a damp beauty blender, never patchy or streaky.

I usually set with kat von d baking powder or nyx mineral powder and it doesn't budge, even in the heat. I do have to touch it up with powder sometimes if I do a lot of sweating or if my skin is extra oily that day, but I don't have any issues with creasing like some others have. It doesn't oxidize either.

Overall you cant beat it for the price, you can usually find coupons or sales also so I ended up getting mine for around $6.

on 3/23/2018 6:26:00 PM

Creases like a mofo. Separates. Accentuates dry skin I didnt even know I had. Try better skin or fit me, both my maybeline and perform much better.

on 2/10/2018 1:05:00 AM

This concealer was a fail for me. I hated the sponge applicator because you can’t have any precision with it and I couldn’t tell how much product was on it. Plus it touches the lid and looks all mucky and unhygienic. The coverage was so-so and it made fine lines look worse, both with setting powder and without.