Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

I can’t believe I’m writing about a Maybelline product as I have worked in the cosmetic industry for many high-end companies and I’m a total snob when it comes to drugstore products but I bought this on a whim because I watched YouTube videos saying that it was great and I am pleasantly surprised as it doesn’t crease and it doesn’t mo. The coverage is great and the colours have a lot of yellow in them so if you have purple dark circles like I do the yellow helpsto cancel it out. Seriously great value for money spent!

on 12/28/2018 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Doesn't brighten my eye area as much as other concealers, but this doesn't crease, gives me a natural finish, and is very affordable. Prior to this, I was using the Bobbi Brown under eye corrector which creases within minutes and gives me an awful crepey look.

This is one of the best concealers that I have tried and its price its really good. It covers well my under eyes. I have a medium - tan skin tone and I use the medium skin tone shade. The only bad thing about it is that if you have a deeper skin tone it can be hard to find your shade at Target or Walmart because usually the darkest shade they have there is medium. But overall I loooveee this concealer.

on 11/27/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dark circles, I am aging, and this is beginning to feel like a John Mulaney bit. At least I don't have to $uck a d!#k or sell drugs to be able to afford this concealer. Though I am a little weirded out by the sponge applicator (is it hygienic? does it waste product?) I do think this is a great concealer. Even when I accidentally apply too much because sometimes the dumb sponge on top makes it hard to know how much you've dispensed it blends out seamlessly, covers my (genetic) dark circles well, and doesn't crease or otherwise draw attention to the spiderweb of fine lines under my eyes. I may have permanently aged into the "high end" section of foundation spectrum, but at least I can still get a quality concealer at the drugstore.

on 11/16/2018 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm surprised that this concealer doesn't have a higher rating. This is one of the few products I repeatedly buy. My sister used mine one time and liked it so much she bought one for herself. I use the "Light" shade and it instantly brightens my dark circles and makes me look more awake. I also like the applicator tip, product texture, and that you don't need a lot of it when you apply. The only thing I have noticed is that if I apply setting powder, it makes it look dry and creasy. But when I stopped doing that, it looks fine.

on 9/26/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This one is a no for me. Fortunately, had $10 in Extra Bucks from CVS and used it and only spent about 98 cents to try this out as I've heard it compared to Tarte Shape Tape and wanted to see if it really did perform as expected.

While I do like the packaging, it does take many turns to get the product started - so many, I thought I had bought a defective one. But once started, it seems to work fine to bring up more quickly.

But I don't think the coverage this provides is anywhere near Shape Tape. I think a much better Shape Tape dupe (and a fraction of the Maybelline price) is Wet n' Wild's Photofocus Concealer. Aside from the just average coverage this Maybelline provides, the staying power on this really isn't good at all. Again, I can go pretty much the entire work day with Shape Tape or Wet n' Wild. But Maybelline just seemed to break down after only a couple of hours and I do not have oily skin, so surprised that it wore off that quickly.

The product takes forever to come up onto the sponge when you first open it. I use it for my under-eye area and the coverage is ok but not great. The concealer quickly settles into creases and makes the eye area appear dry. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 9/8/2018 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For reference, I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in shade 1N2 Ecru/Fenty Beauty foundation in a mixture of 120 and 150/Laneige BB Cushion in 13C. The shade 110 for this concealer is perfect for brightening my under eyes. I use a 120 when I'm concealing imperfections (acne scars, spots, etc.)

Pros:
- Blends really well and doesn't crease
- Doesn't highlight any fine lines or wrinkles
- Buildable coverage, though be careful - it tends to become really cakey if you apply too much. Start little, and then build.
- Hasn't broken me out, and I have sensitive + acne-prone skin. Big plus!!

Cons:
- Even though the applicator is supposed to be anti-bacterial, I'm not quite sure how hygienic it really is (especially if you use this concealer everyday, even on clean skin).

But overall, a really good and affordable concealer to have, especially if you're starting out!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Good yet thin, non-cakey coverage, blends into skin easily, doesn't highlight my fine lines, velvet finish. Just make sure you moisturise well under the eyes first. I brought Light Pale 120. Its a nice peachy yellow shade but is too dark for me (very fair NC 5 - 10 yellow-toned skin). I wish Maybelline would extend the shade range! For reference, better matches for me are Anastasia Beverley Hills Concealer in "0.5" (full coverage, comes in a pot). And Covergirl Trublend Its Lit in L2 Fair (medium coverage, wind up pen with brush applicator). They are both more pink toned than the Maybelline but I find that works better to cancel out dark circles under the eyes.

on 8/9/2018 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This concealer is good for brightening your under eyes, but not for covering zits or acne scars due to not enough coverage.

Personally, the best thing about this concealer is that it doesn't break my skin out. Plus, the price is good too. Would buy again.