Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.8

on 12/26/2018 6:22:00 AM

Absolutely love the packaging on this concealer - I personally find it a lot easier to use than 'doe foot' shaped concealers.
Paid €13 for this, which is okay for a decent mid range concealer imho.
I am NC15 and I use shade 02 'nude' - does a good job of brightening up my undereye area (am prone to purple circles). A little bit of blending with the finger is required but not too much.

This creased on me with powder or without, I wasn't able to make it work. Also hated the packaging, the sponge is useless & the twist up mechanism wasn't working properly. Rimmel wake me up concealer serves me better as an under eye concealer and even more affordable. Had to get rid of this one, pass.

on 10/26/2018 9:15:00 AM

Overall its a decent product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

The packaging is alright. Upon first use it requires multiple turns in order for the product to come out, but it is workable.

The sponge applicator does not bother me since I'm not a makeup artist, so I'm not extremely particular whether it is sanitary or not.

In terms of the product itself, I'm not extremely fond of the formulation. It's not lightweight, so if you apply too much of it, it feels and looks cakey on your skin even with a lot of blending, which is what I realised. The coverage itself is alright, I would say medium coverage at most. Its possible to apply more than a layer in my opinion, but just ensure that you prep your undereye area really well and keep it hydrated, or else it will really look cakey and you may experience slight creasing. It's only going to get worse if you choose to set your undereye area or even "bake" them.

Another thing I've noticed when I applied more than one layer sometimes is that, my undereye area start to sting if I put on too much. I also had the same issue when I tried to use this concealer as an eye primer for my eyeshadows. It tingles slightly, but I've never had such an issue with the other concealers I tried. So do keep in mind about that.

Functionality wise, its good. The coverage is there, the longevity is about 6-8 hrs which is sufficient for me, and I do not require any touch ups. Another thing to point out is its affordable, so what more can you ask for!

My personal recommendation is that if you don't have extreme dark eye circles to cover, and your skin is not as sensitive, you may consider purchasing this because I do find that one layer is good enough and the product itself is workable in general. It's not entirely bad to thrash it out into the bin.

However, if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it simply because of the stinging factor.

Overall in general, I would use up this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again, since there are better options out there that does the job for me and I honestly do not mind paying more.

Hope this helps!

Maybelline nails it with concealers! I use 00 Ivory for my undereyes: The sponge on the tip makes for easy application. The concealer itself has light to full buildable coverage without caking up. Also sets nicely with powder!

At the end of the day there is minimal creasing & still there! I cannot recommend enough. This performs almost as well as my nars radiant creamy concealer, which is a holy grail of mine.

If you're on a budget for a medium to full coverage concealer... this is it!

on 7/22/2018 4:24:00 PM

I had the Light one and it did the job well. I have dark circles around my eyes and it covered them pretty nicely. Sometimes I used this and just some powder, without the foundation and it looked very fresh and natural. I want to try other concealers but if everything else fails, I will come back to this. And also, the price is friendly.

on 7/17/2018 9:09:00 AM

Confused as to how this is called age rewind when it’s cakey as hell? Lol. I’m 25 and don’t have too much going on under my eyes but this stuff settles into creases and makes me look like I have lines under my eyes and it’s cakey. I used less today than yesterday and it still looked bad. The packaging sucks, takes at least 10 clicks to get the product out. I guess coverage is decent so I gave it 2 stars. I like to spread my concealer far down which is why I applied a lot yesterday. The color light is super deceiving in the package, looks super white and pale once on. I would have gotten another shade darker if I had known it would be that light. Definitely not worth $10 wtf maybelline I’m disappointed in that price. Especially since this is garbage. Taking it back today. Will stick to shape tape or the new MUR dupe for shape tape.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not a big fan of this. It looks muddy on me and I don’t like the foam applicator. The color is flat and doesn’t really brighten my undereye area. I got this to try when my L’oreal Visible Lift ran out. I occasionally make myself try it, but every time I use it I remember why I don’t reach for it. Keeping as a backup but will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my go to daily under eye concealer. I use this even if I don’t wear any foundation because I’ve started getting some light purple tones under the eyes as I age. I have dry skin but if i moisturize well this works just fine. If I need a little help, I apple some MAC strobe cream first and then this. I set with a mini compact I have of the hourglass powder. Doesn’t crease and is very comfortable. I love the price point too it doesn’t perform any less than high end. My circles aren’t super bad though and I don’t have a lot of lines so I can’t say how it performs with those traits.

on 6/24/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Retail price -$9.99 but it's always on sale somewhere.
Description from the website:
This concealer for dark circles and fine lines instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Infused with goji berry and
How to use/apply
Step 1. Twist collar of the Micro-Corrector Applicator in the direction of arrows until the concealer is visible on the sponge (it may take some turns on first use).
Step 2. Using the applicator, apply concealer directly to the under-eye area, blending in an outward motion.
Step 3. For extreme dark circles, apply the Neutralizer shade under concealer shade.
Step 4. To add a luminous touch, apply the Brightener shade to the inner corner of eyes, cheek and brow bones and, bridge of the nose.

I picked this up the first time, just out of curiosity and because it was on sale.I got the color Brightener and fair. The fair was a perfect match but it really didn't do much. The coverage is not great so if you have dark circles( I do not) then I doubt you would like this. It's medium coverage at best, if you apply a decent amount. It looks much nicer when I moisturize the under eye area first. Some of the reviews said they found this moisturizing, I don't find it particularly moisturizing but it's not drying like Shape Tape.

I love the color Brightener. It reminds me a lot of my beloved YSL Touche Eclat, same effect. Yes, the sponge applicator is unsanitary but it really works well and it's super soft. After used for a while it becomes messy and I feel it is unsanitary. I removed the sponge one one and left the it on the one I use for my lids. Brightener, according to their website is supposed to be for the brow bone, inner corners, etc, but I use it for my under eye area and it really makes a huge difference and is a lot cheaper than YSL Touche Eclat. It doesn't settle into fine lines or crease ever. I set it with powder but it's one of the few that I really don't have to. Even if I don't it never creases.It also plays well with every foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer that I use with it. I also use it on my lids sometimes and then set with powder before applying shadow. I've had no irritation whatsoever on lids, under eye or anywhere else I use it.

Maybelline needs to listen to complaints and keep the formula and get rid of the sponge applicator and add a doe foot. Also the plastic cap is cheap and thin and breaks easily so that could use some improvement.

I am on my 3rd tube of Brightener and unless they discontinue it I will continue to re-purchase. I have all of the other supposed dupes for Touche Eclat and none of them come as close to this. Sure the formula is a little different but I get almost the same end result.

Ingredients:
G852364 1 Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetr Apeptide-7. [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D44980/4 U.S.Patent Pending

It’s an okay concealer. Previously the lightest shade was too dark for me but they recently came out with new shade, 00 Ivory, so I bought it out of curiosity.
Of course the first thing I did was removing the stupid sponge, which is unsanitary and unnecessary. It worked well and I don’t have to use as much product.
The coverage is medium. Doesn’t cover my extreme dark circles, but nothing except Tarte Shape Tape can do that, so I’m not surprised.
I set it with some powder. It doesn’t accentuate my skin’s texture like many concealers do.
Overall, nothing special but if you have minor dark circles, you might give it a try.