Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.5

on 2/15/2019 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I never thought I would use a drug store concealer but I’ve officially converted. I have deep allergy lines right under my lower lash lines, and have noticed I look more tired lately. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, just tinted sunscreen. I wanted a natural looking, everyday concealer that was no-muss-no-fuss. The last thing I want to do in the morning is blend or wonder if my concealer is noticeable next to my sheer mineral sunscreen. I fell for the shapetape and NARS concealer hype (I mean they work, but they are THICK and really only look good with a full face of makeup IMO). This concealer is thin in texture, yet has enough coverage to hide the slight under eye inner corner darkness I’ve developed. It is buildable, non-irritating and non-drying. I blend a bit with me ring finger and walk out the door. I don’t have to set this since it’s hydrating and it has yet to settle into lines. I bought this in a shade that matches my skin tone since I’m not going for a brightening, highlighting, look during the week. This fits the bill, it’s natural, easy-to-use and did I mention AFFORDABLE? Overall, well worth the purchase.

As an aside, I’ve heard many people complain about the packaging but unless you’re using a jar concealer with a clean brush after every dip, I don’t think any concealer is completely hygienic.

on 8/26/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The main reason I bought this was because a lot of the beauty YouTubers with a lot of subscribers (Tati, Jeffree, etc) have all been basically saying “I haven’t used in a while but now that I am, I forgot how good it was”. I understand that sounds completely phony or like they were paid by Maybelline to do, but that’s what you’ll see from time to time. They also came out with a new lighest shade (100 ivory) and since this product has been around the block forever, I decided to see what the hype is about.

PROS: The color is good. It looked a bit too orange when first applied, but when you blend it out, it tones down. The color is somewhere between a match for my skintone and slightly lighter.

CONS: First of all, it doesn’t cover like I expected. It does brighten my undereye and eyelids, but I have a distinct area of purple/blue that always shines through. The worst thing about this concealer is how it applies and blends though. Frankly, I am quite shocked at how bad it is considering it’s been around a while and is supposed to an anti-aging concealer. When I first applied it, it had that reaction you get when two textures are incompatible with each other. It didn’t pill or ball up, but it was like a huge area of color that did not want to blend in the skin and it was so naturally “unblended” looking when it went on and when I was trying to work at with it that I had to wipe it off and start again. I was wearing sunscreen at the time, but I always wear sunscreen and I have never had this reaction before. I switched to 2 different sunscreens to see how they would perform and while it got better, the fact of the matter is this concealer is too high maintenance. I want something I can dot around my eyes, press in with my fingers, lightly set with powder, and go. Instead, I end up fussing forever with blending it because it does not blend well. It blends patchy. It doesn’t look like you get a smooth finish or smooth coverage more importantly - it brings out tons of “micro” texture in my eye and eyelid, not even lines, but just like patchiness that looks like makeup and ultimately ages the skin by legit decades. I feel like I would need to really step up my eye game or prime my eyes to wear it, which is ridiculous because this has never been an issue before. I know it is the product. I really need to press it the fuck into my skin and then set it quickly with powder. Powder actually makes it look a lot better but I am not pleased. This is similar to the Maybelline “Better Skin” liquid foundation in the way they both do not sit on the skin in a flattering way naturally and are incompatible with finger application.

OTHER: The applicator is only designed that way for marketing purposes. It’s unnecessary, can cause product on it to dry out, and doesn’t serve any specific purpose. I don't hate it like I thought I would, but it's not that way to be useful.

OVERALL: I still have the product and use it occasionally because the color match is pretty good, but it’s not a good product. The coverage leaves something to be desired and the blend-ability needs work. This is one of those times when I wish I could give a 1.5, not simply a 1 or 2.

on 8/5/2018 2:41:00 PM

This is the perfect concealer for my under eye area it does a great job of concealing and without looking too much cakey or obvious. I purchased concealers for my dark circles from brands such as Nars and Mac but none of them worked properly and ended up in bin. :/ This is just a fraction of the price of them and yet so much better. I will definitely buy this again.

on 7/31/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

let me start off by saying I have dark circles that aren't sleep deprivation induced. whether genetic or d/t some kind of nutritional deficit they have been with me my adult life. I typically use it cosmetic concealer and Becca brightening undereye cream at $75 for the combo. I read so many great things about this that i thought for $10 why not try it. I bought the fair skinned concealer and the brightening. first, the packaging is terrible. the whole winding up the tube to dispense it thru an applicator top isn't my thing. i would prefer to squeeze it out then dab it on and use my brush to blend. I turn the dispenser to release extra product onto applicator so I can dab and blend like i like. it's so good that I'm not even taking any points away from my rating for the crappy packaging lol. so the bloggers and beauty articles gushing about this are not lying. this is the freaking best. it completely covers my dark circles. as a concealer elsewhere on my face, it covers and blends into my foundation flawlessly. after having a severe case of pneumonia and being on a tom of medicine, I ended up with a horrible fever blister that took forever to heal. seriously this completely covered it and kept it covered all day. I prefer the brightening concealer. it really does brighten and looks so nice on. it covers while Illuminating and looks natural doing so. this 10 dollars product does the exact same thing my $75 combo does and is long lasting too. I have started only using this and I am glad i took a chance on it. I don't understand the negative reviews on this but everyone is different. but for the price if you are curious to try it, it's worth giving it a go

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This would have 5 stars but the packaging grossed me out.
This is the best drugstore concealer I have ever used. Great coverage for under eyes and minimal creasing.

on 3/4/2018 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Favorite concealer. Always have it on me.

on 2/8/2018 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is not discontinued, they just released deeper shades and I am so excited that my favorite drugstore brand has given me the opportunity to enjoy this gem. I purchased 2 of the newly released colors in Tan and Caramel. Caramel is more for highlighting as it is the lighter of the 2. I love the packaging, the clicky twist up function, the fact that you can clearly see how much you have left, the applicator is amazing, I dot the concealer on then blend with a beauty blender. This has a thin consistency but packs a lot of pigment to give me a fully awake look. It lasts all day as long as I set it with loose powder. I keep saying this and they keep amazing me. I love Maybelline, it is my favorite drugstore brand. I will certainly purchase this again and again.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this concealer! I need concealer!!! I try all the concealers(!) and this one is pretty good! Be sure to blend with your finger.

on 11/14/2017 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Blends easily, makes eye area look more awake and fresh, no sensitivity experienced on my sensitive skin or eyes, I like the applicator and packaging, good colour match in the pale/light for my fair skin with pink undertones, love it!

I don't usually write reviews. I had an allergic reaction to this and I'm usually not sensitive to cosmetics. I know this seems to be a cult favorite, but I would steer clear. I had a $2 off coupon and took the plunge. I just hope it doesn't take too long to heal up.