Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 2/15/2019 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I never thought I would use a drug store concealer but I’ve officially converted. I have deep allergy lines right under my lower lash lines, and have noticed I look more tired lately. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, just tinted sunscreen. I wanted a natural looking, everyday concealer that was no-muss-no-fuss. The last thing I want to do in the morning is blend or wonder if my concealer is noticeable next to my sheer mineral sunscreen. I fell for the shapetape and NARS concealer hype (I mean they work, but they are THICK and really only look good with a full face of makeup IMO). This concealer is thin in texture, yet has enough coverage to hide the slight under eye inner corner darkness I’ve developed. It is buildable, non-irritating and non-drying. I blend a bit with me ring finger and walk out the door. I don’t have to set this since it’s hydrating and it has yet to settle into lines. I bought this in a shade that matches my skin tone since I’m not going for a brightening, highlighting, look during the week. This fits the bill, it’s natural, easy-to-use and did I mention AFFORDABLE? Overall, well worth the purchase.

As an aside, I’ve heard many people complain about the packaging but unless you’re using a jar concealer with a clean brush after every dip, I don’t think any concealer is completely hygienic.

I really like this product, but the damn price went up from $6 to $10 in a couple of years. What gives Maybelline? Soon it will be $20. Companies used the high price of gas as excuses for price hikes, but gas has been the lowest in years. These drug store prices are heading towards high end cosmetic prices and it's really disgusting IMHO.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So far, this concealer has done what I wanted it to do: blend, conceal and stay put for a long time. It’s creamy texture has made it very blendable and so far it has not created lines (unlike Fenty Beauty Pro Filter concealer, which gave me crease lines almost immediately). The only con I have is that the colours I chose were either too light (Honey) or too yellow (Caramel) for my skin tone. Hopefully my next purchase (Tan) of this concealer will be the HG of concealers.

I can’t believe I’m writing about a Maybelline product as I have worked in the cosmetic industry for many high-end companies and I’m a total snob when it comes to drugstore products but I bought this on a whim because I watched YouTube videos saying that it was great and I am pleasantly surprised as it doesn’t crease and it doesn’t mo. The coverage is great and the colours have a lot of yellow in them so if you have purple dark circles like I do the yellow helpsto cancel it out. Seriously great value for money spent!

on 12/26/2018 6:24:00 AM

It creases and cracks under my eyes. I cant make it work.
It tried it with undereye setting powder and without.. still same results.
Tossed it out.

on 12/26/2018 6:22:00 AM

Absolutely love the packaging on this concealer - I personally find it a lot easier to use than 'doe foot' shaped concealers.
Paid €13 for this, which is okay for a decent mid range concealer imho.
I am NC15 and I use shade 02 'nude' - does a good job of brightening up my undereye area (am prone to purple circles). A little bit of blending with the finger is required but not too much.

This creased on me with powder or without, I wasn't able to make it work. Also hated the packaging, the sponge is useless & the twist up mechanism wasn't working properly. Rimmel wake me up concealer serves me better as an under eye concealer and even more affordable. Had to get rid of this one, pass.

This is one of the best concealers that I have tried and its price its really good. It covers well my under eyes. I have a medium - tan skin tone and I use the medium skin tone shade. The only bad thing about it is that if you have a deeper skin tone it can be hard to find your shade at Target or Walmart because usually the darkest shade they have there is medium. But overall I loooveee this concealer.

Don't believe the hype. This concealer only has a very light coverage, when I've heard multiple times it has a fuller coverage. It oxidises slightly, so many times I've ended up with orange undereyes with my purple dark circles still showing through. It creases a fair amount too. Despite the negatives, it still blends very well and works fine when I have a bit of a tan. There is a lot of product in this and it has lasted me a very long time. The sponge applicator didn't blend out the concealer very well so I ended up taking it off.

on 10/26/2018 9:15:00 AM

Overall its a decent product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

The packaging is alright. Upon first use it requires multiple turns in order for the product to come out, but it is workable.

The sponge applicator does not bother me since I'm not a makeup artist, so I'm not extremely particular whether it is sanitary or not.

In terms of the product itself, I'm not extremely fond of the formulation. It's not lightweight, so if you apply too much of it, it feels and looks cakey on your skin even with a lot of blending, which is what I realised. The coverage itself is alright, I would say medium coverage at most. Its possible to apply more than a layer in my opinion, but just ensure that you prep your undereye area really well and keep it hydrated, or else it will really look cakey and you may experience slight creasing. It's only going to get worse if you choose to set your undereye area or even "bake" them.

Another thing I've noticed when I applied more than one layer sometimes is that, my undereye area start to sting if I put on too much. I also had the same issue when I tried to use this concealer as an eye primer for my eyeshadows. It tingles slightly, but I've never had such an issue with the other concealers I tried. So do keep in mind about that.

Functionality wise, its good. The coverage is there, the longevity is about 6-8 hrs which is sufficient for me, and I do not require any touch ups. Another thing to point out is its affordable, so what more can you ask for!

My personal recommendation is that if you don't have extreme dark eye circles to cover, and your skin is not as sensitive, you may consider purchasing this because I do find that one layer is good enough and the product itself is workable in general. It's not entirely bad to thrash it out into the bin.

However, if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it simply because of the stinging factor.

Overall in general, I would use up this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again, since there are better options out there that does the job for me and I honestly do not mind paying more.

Hope this helps!