Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.8

on 9/26/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This one is a no for me. Fortunately, had $10 in Extra Bucks from CVS and used it and only spent about 98 cents to try this out as I've heard it compared to Tarte Shape Tape and wanted to see if it really did perform as expected.

While I do like the packaging, it does take many turns to get the product started - so many, I thought I had bought a defective one. But once started, it seems to work fine to bring up more quickly.

But I don't think the coverage this provides is anywhere near Shape Tape. I think a much better Shape Tape dupe (and a fraction of the Maybelline price) is Wet n' Wild's Photofocus Concealer. Aside from the just average coverage this Maybelline provides, the staying power on this really isn't good at all. Again, I can go pretty much the entire work day with Shape Tape or Wet n' Wild. But Maybelline just seemed to break down after only a couple of hours and I do not have oily skin, so surprised that it wore off that quickly.

on 8/9/2018 7:04:00 PM

Tried this on age spots and thought it did well UNTIL I had my photograph taken by the DMV for a new license...Those areas showed up ILLUMINATED and crazy! Also, the applicator is way too big to use under the eyes and I don't like spinning the top to crank out more product. It is beyond ordinary, IMHO.

on 7/31/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

let me start off by saying I have dark circles that aren't sleep deprivation induced. whether genetic or d/t some kind of nutritional deficit they have been with me my adult life. I typically use it cosmetic concealer and Becca brightening undereye cream at $75 for the combo. I read so many great things about this that i thought for $10 why not try it. I bought the fair skinned concealer and the brightening. first, the packaging is terrible. the whole winding up the tube to dispense it thru an applicator top isn't my thing. i would prefer to squeeze it out then dab it on and use my brush to blend. I turn the dispenser to release extra product onto applicator so I can dab and blend like i like. it's so good that I'm not even taking any points away from my rating for the crappy packaging lol. so the bloggers and beauty articles gushing about this are not lying. this is the freaking best. it completely covers my dark circles. as a concealer elsewhere on my face, it covers and blends into my foundation flawlessly. after having a severe case of pneumonia and being on a tom of medicine, I ended up with a horrible fever blister that took forever to heal. seriously this completely covered it and kept it covered all day. I prefer the brightening concealer. it really does brighten and looks so nice on. it covers while Illuminating and looks natural doing so. this 10 dollars product does the exact same thing my $75 combo does and is long lasting too. I have started only using this and I am glad i took a chance on it. I don't understand the negative reviews on this but everyone is different. but for the price if you are curious to try it, it's worth giving it a go

I wanted to love this product, I really really did. After seeing so many beauty bloggers and youtubers rave about it I got my hopes up. But...

It's average. It's got okay coverage and does make under my eyes look a little brighter. Would say it lasts fairly well and smells pretty neutral. I do, however, think it could do with being higher coverage, as well as having a change of applicator, and being slightly easier to blend. Not sure why others have called it cakey, but perhaps I haven't tried to build it up enough to get to that stage.

For me, it didn't stand up to the hype. That said, it's a fairly cheap product that's easy to get hold of, so maybe I would buy again if other faves weren't available.

Overall, though, it's a fairly safe bet as I'm sure it would work with many skin types, but it probably won't blow you away.

on 7/22/2018 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I’m in love with this concealer I have very dark under eyes and olive skin tone and the shade Golden is everything it covers my under eyes so well and it’s very hydrating but a little bit goes along way so use it wisely . If you don’t have this concealer what u doing ?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Makes your under eyes look amazing!! Doesn’t crease and is full coverage :)

on 6/24/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Retail price -$9.99 but it's always on sale somewhere.
Description from the website:
This concealer for dark circles and fine lines instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Infused with goji berry and
How to use/apply
Step 1. Twist collar of the Micro-Corrector Applicator in the direction of arrows until the concealer is visible on the sponge (it may take some turns on first use).
Step 2. Using the applicator, apply concealer directly to the under-eye area, blending in an outward motion.
Step 3. For extreme dark circles, apply the Neutralizer shade under concealer shade.
Step 4. To add a luminous touch, apply the Brightener shade to the inner corner of eyes, cheek and brow bones and, bridge of the nose.

I picked this up the first time, just out of curiosity and because it was on sale.I got the color Brightener and fair. The fair was a perfect match but it really didn't do much. The coverage is not great so if you have dark circles( I do not) then I doubt you would like this. It's medium coverage at best, if you apply a decent amount. It looks much nicer when I moisturize the under eye area first. Some of the reviews said they found this moisturizing, I don't find it particularly moisturizing but it's not drying like Shape Tape.

I love the color Brightener. It reminds me a lot of my beloved YSL Touche Eclat, same effect. Yes, the sponge applicator is unsanitary but it really works well and it's super soft. After used for a while it becomes messy and I feel it is unsanitary. I removed the sponge one one and left the it on the one I use for my lids. Brightener, according to their website is supposed to be for the brow bone, inner corners, etc, but I use it for my under eye area and it really makes a huge difference and is a lot cheaper than YSL Touche Eclat. It doesn't settle into fine lines or crease ever. I set it with powder but it's one of the few that I really don't have to. Even if I don't it never creases.It also plays well with every foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer that I use with it. I also use it on my lids sometimes and then set with powder before applying shadow. I've had no irritation whatsoever on lids, under eye or anywhere else I use it.

Maybelline needs to listen to complaints and keep the formula and get rid of the sponge applicator and add a doe foot. Also the plastic cap is cheap and thin and breaks easily so that could use some improvement.

I am on my 3rd tube of Brightener and unless they discontinue it I will continue to re-purchase. I have all of the other supposed dupes for Touche Eclat and none of them come as close to this. Sure the formula is a little different but I get almost the same end result.

Ingredients:
G852364 1 Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetr Apeptide-7. [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D44980/4 U.S.Patent Pending

on 6/20/2018 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First of all, when I went to try this concealer I was skeptical to see if it was actually going to be good. I tried it the first time on my best friend's birthday and I fell in love with how it looked in camera and with flash photography. It was very easy to blend in. I can use either my beauty blender or a brush but I do prefer using my beauty blender. It does not give me a flash back when the camera flash hits my face. The coverage is medium to high coverage. The only annoying thing is that you have to keep turning the tube to get the product to come out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This would have 5 stars but the packaging grossed me out.
This is the best drugstore concealer I have ever used. Great coverage for under eyes and minimal creasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This has become one of my favourite concealers. I find it works really well as a neutraliser and can be used as a general concealer, not just for under-eye circles. Because it has yellow undertones, it's really good for darker marks. In general, it's good at covering any multitude of sins.

Personally I really like the sponge applicator and it tends to run out before it becomes unhygienic.