Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.4

on 8/26/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The main reason I bought this was because a lot of the beauty YouTubers with a lot of subscribers (Tati, Jeffree, etc) have all been basically saying “I haven’t used in a while but now that I am, I forgot how good it was”. I understand that sounds completely phony or like they were paid by Maybelline to do, but that’s what you’ll see from time to time. They also came out with a new lighest shade (100 ivory) and since this product has been around the block forever, I decided to see what the hype is about.

PROS: The color is good. It looked a bit too orange when first applied, but when you blend it out, it tones down. The color is somewhere between a match for my skintone and slightly lighter.

CONS: First of all, it doesn’t cover like I expected. It does brighten my undereye and eyelids, but I have a distinct area of purple/blue that always shines through. The worst thing about this concealer is how it applies and blends though. Frankly, I am quite shocked at how bad it is considering it’s been around a while and is supposed to an anti-aging concealer. When I first applied it, it had that reaction you get when two textures are incompatible with each other. It didn’t pill or ball up, but it was like a huge area of color that did not want to blend in the skin and it was so naturally “unblended” looking when it went on and when I was trying to work at with it that I had to wipe it off and start again. I was wearing sunscreen at the time, but I always wear sunscreen and I have never had this reaction before. I switched to 2 different sunscreens to see how they would perform and while it got better, the fact of the matter is this concealer is too high maintenance. I want something I can dot around my eyes, press in with my fingers, lightly set with powder, and go. Instead, I end up fussing forever with blending it because it does not blend well. It blends patchy. It doesn’t look like you get a smooth finish or smooth coverage more importantly - it brings out tons of “micro” texture in my eye and eyelid, not even lines, but just like patchiness that looks like makeup and ultimately ages the skin by legit decades. I feel like I would need to really step up my eye game or prime my eyes to wear it, which is ridiculous because this has never been an issue before. I know it is the product. I really need to press it the fuck into my skin and then set it quickly with powder. Powder actually makes it look a lot better but I am not pleased. This is similar to the Maybelline “Better Skin” liquid foundation in the way they both do not sit on the skin in a flattering way naturally and are incompatible with finger application.

OTHER: The applicator is only designed that way for marketing purposes. It’s unnecessary, can cause product on it to dry out, and doesn’t serve any specific purpose. I don't hate it like I thought I would, but it's not that way to be useful.

OVERALL: I still have the product and use it occasionally because the color match is pretty good, but it’s not a good product. The coverage leaves something to be desired and the blend-ability needs work. This is one of those times when I wish I could give a 1.5, not simply a 1 or 2.

i own this concealer in 3 shades (light, fair and ivory). im about nc15 or 20, or estee lauder double wear in ecru. this is probably the best concealer ive found so far. it does crease, but most of them do on my under eye area. applicator is unsanitary and should be removed. ivory is the lightest shade, so if you are super fair it might not be a great match.

on 6/11/2018 6:05:00 PM

Im 31 and have fine wrinkles under the eyes, and this only shows them more. Its too thick and sets in the lines. Hars to work with if u have dry dkin. Great as an eyeshadow base though...

on 5/21/2018 2:17:00 PM

almost perfect, it is not that matte, maybe that is my eye cream's problem . it is perfect under eye shadow , make it last very much ... well maybe it is perfect

on 4/12/2018 1:44:00 AM

I don't like this concealer what is the hype about?? It creases and does not conceal dark circles! What did I think about? Waste of money

on 12/12/2017 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this product good coverage good for every day use of u don’t want to use up your expensive high end concealer....

The reason i wont purchase this is because it doesn't cover my deep dark circles and if put on unprepared face(eyes) it leaves white/ grey cast under my eye. I tried putting corrector underneath and tried to build up the product which helped to certain extent however its not long lasting.
Definitely good product for not so crazy dark circles unlike mine.It doesn't crease too much.Hydrating on skin.
Packaging is perfect to travel with.

on 1/29/2017 9:20:00 PM

I found this product a little difficult to use at first. I found I got the best results when I started using my kabuki brush.
I am a little disappointed that this product doesn't come with a better applicator. Other than that I was happy with the performance.

this concealer is super pigmented for how thin it is. the coverage is amazing, it didn't work for me because i broke out after using this a few times. but the lasting power of this, makes me see why its such a fan favorite. it really is a bummer that i cant use this. i like that this is a twist pen and the product gets pushed up as it gets used so u can use every last bit, but as others said, i also dislike the sponge applicator because it gets messy and I don't find it hygenic

this concealer covers so well for such a thin consistency.
it promises to improve dark circles but i dont see it happening so minus a lippie for that. another thing is that it makes me a little bit itchy where i apply this so another lippie off for that.

it does last a long time and it doesn't crease, and really brightens up the face

so because i am a little bit sensitive to something in here, at least i feel it on my face, so i will try it on my body to see if i get the same reaction before i update again