Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

I really like this product, but the damn price went up from $6 to $10 in a couple of years. What gives Maybelline? Soon it will be $20. Companies used the high price of gas as excuses for price hikes, but gas has been the lowest in years. These drug store prices are heading towards high end cosmetic prices and it's really disgusting IMHO.

on 2/6/2019 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer! I prefer using the sponge tip applicator it comes with to swipe along areas that need highlighting or just dab in areas that need spot concealing. Either way, its great! I often don't use any foundation because I just use this and it still makes my skin look great. I found that it works really well with the Fit Me matte+poreless foundation.

I can’t believe I’m writing about a Maybelline product as I have worked in the cosmetic industry for many high-end companies and I’m a total snob when it comes to drugstore products but I bought this on a whim because I watched YouTube videos saying that it was great and I am pleasantly surprised as it doesn’t crease and it doesn’t mo. The coverage is great and the colours have a lot of yellow in them so if you have purple dark circles like I do the yellow helpsto cancel it out. Seriously great value for money spent!

on 1/16/2019 7:54:00 AM

I feel like this is ideal for touch ups, pimples and small patches of redness.
For the undereye area I much prefer my Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer, because this doesn't brighten the under eye area as much as I'd like and it will sit in my crease. I'm also not a big fan of the sponge, it looks dirty after a while and also I feel like i'm always putting on too little product.

on 12/26/2018 6:22:00 AM

Absolutely love the packaging on this concealer - I personally find it a lot easier to use than 'doe foot' shaped concealers.
Paid €13 for this, which is okay for a decent mid range concealer imho.
I am NC15 and I use shade 02 'nude' - does a good job of brightening up my undereye area (am prone to purple circles). A little bit of blending with the finger is required but not too much.

Don't believe the hype. This concealer only has a very light coverage, when I've heard multiple times it has a fuller coverage. It oxidises slightly, so many times I've ended up with orange undereyes with my purple dark circles still showing through. It creases a fair amount too. Despite the negatives, it still blends very well and works fine when I have a bit of a tan. There is a lot of product in this and it has lasted me a very long time. The sponge applicator didn't blend out the concealer very well so I ended up taking it off.

on 11/29/2018 12:46:00 AM

This concealer sucks!!! It creases like nothing iv tried before Goes literally ORANGE when set Has a very poor shade selection The applicator is gross just put it in a pump ?

on 11/27/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have dark circles, I am aging, and this is beginning to feel like a John Mulaney bit. At least I don't have to $uck a d!#k or sell drugs to be able to afford this concealer. Though I am a little weirded out by the sponge applicator (is it hygienic? does it waste product?) I do think this is a great concealer. Even when I accidentally apply too much because sometimes the dumb sponge on top makes it hard to know how much you've dispensed it blends out seamlessly, covers my (genetic) dark circles well, and doesn't crease or otherwise draw attention to the spiderweb of fine lines under my eyes. I may have permanently aged into the "high end" section of foundation spectrum, but at least I can still get a quality concealer at the drugstore.

on 9/26/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This one is a no for me. Fortunately, had $10 in Extra Bucks from CVS and used it and only spent about 98 cents to try this out as I've heard it compared to Tarte Shape Tape and wanted to see if it really did perform as expected.

While I do like the packaging, it does take many turns to get the product started - so many, I thought I had bought a defective one. But once started, it seems to work fine to bring up more quickly.

But I don't think the coverage this provides is anywhere near Shape Tape. I think a much better Shape Tape dupe (and a fraction of the Maybelline price) is Wet n' Wild's Photofocus Concealer. Aside from the just average coverage this Maybelline provides, the staying power on this really isn't good at all. Again, I can go pretty much the entire work day with Shape Tape or Wet n' Wild. But Maybelline just seemed to break down after only a couple of hours and I do not have oily skin, so surprised that it wore off that quickly.

Maybelline nails it with concealers! I use 00 Ivory for my undereyes: The sponge on the tip makes for easy application. The concealer itself has light to full buildable coverage without caking up. Also sets nicely with powder!

At the end of the day there is minimal creasing & still there! I cannot recommend enough. This performs almost as well as my nars radiant creamy concealer, which is a holy grail of mine.

If you're on a budget for a medium to full coverage concealer... this is it!