Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

on 11/20/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I like this a lot.

For reference, I have really bad dark under eye circles. Heredity. This actually makes them look virtually non-existent. I had given up trying to cover them, because nothing worked. Instead, I just had a ton of weird looking makeup under my eyes, but still could see the circles. Then, I read the reviews here and figured, what do I have to lose? It's not too expensive and I can return it if I want to..

There's an ingredient Hydroxl, that is supposed to get rid of dark circles. We'll see if that is true, but this product definitely covers mine, which is no small feat.
This is amazing. I really hope they never D/C this.

The one thing that worries me is the ingredient, Cyclo...something. I forget how to spell it, but I recognize it as being highly comedogenic. However, since it's just used under my eyes, it may be okay. I'll update if I have problems with breakouts.

EDIT; It gave me pimples around my eyes. I'm clear and don't have a problem with acne since going on an antiandrogen, so it was this. Pity, because I liked it. It was the cyclo -- that stuff is HIGHLY comedogenic and one of the worst acne offenders. I went back to YSL touche eclat.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a drugstore gem. I love this product! I have medium skin, and I purchased the 'Brightener' shade. It is a pinkish toned light beige.

Its very thin, so it provides light coverage. I like the sponge tip applicator, I use that to spread product and blend. I then finish blending with my fingers any areas that need further blending.

I have no problems with dryness, flaking or creasing. I also have used this product along my cheekbones and nose, and it works there as well as a subtle lightener/illuminator.

on 11/29/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I tried this stuff once and I fell in love. I have tried at least 80% of all drugstore concealers and this is the best concealer that I've ever owned, period (drugstore or not). This is specifically for the color Light/Pale. I have Neutralizer, and it probably has medium coverage, where Light/Pale has full, 100% coverage for me.

It comes in a .2fl oz clear tube and when twisted/clicked at the top, the concealer absorbs into a little fluffy ball. (kind of like a lip gloss that clicks). Some people will not like the fluffy part for hygienic reasons. (You can always remove the sponge part and click the concealer on the back of your hand, a finger, or on a mixing plate.)

A little it of this goes a LONG way. It's insane. Not only is it awesome for covering under eye circles, it's good on acne and the sides of my nose without the "cake face" look. I have not used a liquid concealer or foundation for 3-4 years because I was fed up with shelling out money on makeup that didn't work. Staying power is great, coverage and correcting properties are fantastic. I believe I paid $7, give or take, which can be expensive, but it was worth it.

I love, love, love this stuff. I will purchase as long as they make it! Way to go Maybelline!

EDIT: 01.02.2015
Still in love!

They don't sell this in Australia and I made my sister send this to me from CT cos i heard soooo many reviews saying good things and it's all true! Best coverage, natural looking, and easy to spread.

on 12/3/2011 8:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I purchased the Fair and the Brightener shades. The fair is too pale and I was immediately regretting my purchase. Then, I tried the Brightener. I applied my foundation (Smashbox Skin)with a sponge around my eyes, applied the Brightener and finished with a light dusting of Sonia Kashuk's brightening powder. OMG! It looks like I am back from zombieland!! No more dark shadows. And it lasted all day. I am very pleased. I have also tried correctors from BB, LM, Pixi, Benefit and countless other. None of these worked for me as they are so thick and pastey.
The sponge applicator does not bother me. You can apply it with the sponge or dab it on your hand and apply as you like.

on 12/9/2011 9:51:00 AM

One word: meh.
Why:
Color match - got it in light and it was very light and very yellow. Didn't work for my NC20/25 skin.
Formulation - very dry. For an undereye concealer, I expect there to be a bit more moisture. Hard to blend and sets very fast.
Applicator - ok, not much to say. Not very sanitary due to the sponge-tip.
Packaging - total fail. Somehow my bottle started to come apart. I tried to press the red, twisty part down to merge back with the rest of the tube and the applicator filled up with product, splurging out of the cap. Hot mess.

I've used much better DS concealers than this one. Not sure what all the hype is all about.

on 12/11/2011 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoy this concealer. It's light weight, gives good coverage, and looks very natural. The only issue I have is the packaging. About 3/4 of the way into the tube, the twisty top popped up and I was no longer able to use with the applicator.

on 12/12/2011 6:48:00 PM

I really like this concealer. It literally blends right into my skin tone so it doesn't look so "concealer-ish" under my eyes. It is also light coverage, so it doesn't feel like it's caked on. I use the foundation as well, and have loved it so far.

on 12/22/2011 10:04:00 AM

I don't have a huge stash of concealers, but I do have YSL's Touche Eclat, and the Maybelline double-sided one. I bought this because the YSL stuff seems to be more of a highlighter than a concealer, and I needed something that blended more easily. This is amazing, astonishing stuff.

After I put it on, I stood in bright morning light and held up my 20x magnifying mirror, and you couldn't see make-up. All you saw was great-looking luminous skin. The texture is soft and creamy, and I was surprised to love love the sponge applicator; couldn't be easier and it gets the product exactly where I need it. I will buy again and again! And not so sure about my Touche Eclat from now on. . .it's got serious competition. EDIT TO THIS REVIEW: I also had packaging issues and now the cap has broken off, while there's still lots of product. Drag, because I can't put it in my purse. Dropped review from a 5 to a 4 for that.

on 12/23/2011 5:59:00 AM

This is a really good concealer. The under eye area looks bright an younger after applying this.