Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 4/12/2018 1:44:00 AM

I don't like this concealer what is the hype about?? It creases and does not conceal dark circles! What did I think about? Waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have gone through several of the brightening shade and several of the light shade of this concealer. This is an excellent drugstore concealer. It's medium to full coverage on me. It won't be enough if you have true dark circles or melasma but it works great to brighten under the eyes. It's creamy and hydrating, it never makes my under eyes dry or crepey. I do not use this on blemishes. The sponge is a little weird and seems gross but it works pretty well and you can pull it off if you want to. When set with powder, it lasts all day. It's doesn't burn or irritate my skin (Maybelline Fit Me burns under my eyes). It's one I go back to over and over again.

I absolutely love this for contouring! I found out about this from an Instagram MUA. It’s really inexpensive & lasts a long time. It’s never caused any breakout. I don’t use it for under eyes for that I use Garnier anti dark circle roller. I’ve repurchased this many times!

on 3/30/2018 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Despite it being a great concealer, this broke me out badly. To those who are not acne prone, this is a good drugstore concealer. It is very light-weight and it covered my dark circles under my eyes and dark spots left from pimples. Also, if you think the sponge isnt hygenic, you can pull it out. Pay attention to the ingredients, I realized that sodium chloride in makeup breaks me out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Didn't like this product mostly because it flashes back but also because the lightest colour was too dark for me and it creased into fine lines. Don't recomend it

on 3/23/2018 6:26:00 PM

Creases like a mofo. Separates. Accentuates dry skin I didnt even know I had. Try better skin or fit me, both my maybeline and perform much better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like it a lot but it takes foreverrrr for me to get a lot of product out. I would twist so many times. Anyways, it's perfect for cleaning up my brows AND concealing AND highlighting your face. A little does not go a long way for me tho

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The formulation is great - quite slippy/oily (a good thing for my super dry under-eye area) yet still gives reasonable coverage. I use the 'Fair' shade which brightens my dull skin nicely; I could probably get away with 'Light' also...I'm probably N10 going by my neck though tend to make my face (and neck) up to NC15.

However...I can't give this more than 3 as I find the applicator/packaging so hopeless. I have a wide/high nose bridge and I just can't get the end of the applicator anywhere near the corners of my dark circles without it ending up on my nose bridge too, which just seems to emphasize the shadows and make everything look worse. I get around it by using a concealer brush to get this into the inner corners of my undereye area, but I wouldn't purchase again - too much hassle.

on 3/17/2018 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Don't really like the application tip as you cannot control how little or how much to use.

The light shade is a perfect match for me and it provides rather good coverage. Don't really cover my eye circles really well (or maybe I'm just not using enough).

UPDATE: I remove the sponge tip and simply hsed a brush or finger to apply and this works so much better. There’s no product wasting into the sponge, cleaner and easier to apply.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a favorite product of a few mature youtube reviewers, so I can’t believe I haven’t thought to try it sooner. It’s a very lightweight liquid concealer that isn’t cakey or drying and I’ve had great luck when reapplying it for touch-ups. It pairs excellent with the brightener (pink correcting shade) too, I recommend getting the pair if you have some major circles to disguise. I hate to admit that this has been blowing all of my other concealers out of the water, especially since it’s inexpensive and Maybelline is often on sale.
The product feeds up into a sponge applicator that one presses against the skin to apply, I admit I am very concerned with the long term hygiene of this method and will probably try cleaning it with alcohol over time. It is also very imprecise so I apply product and then tap it where I need it. A little goes a long way! There’s a tiny plastic cap that covers the sponge applicator, I am not sure if it’s just to protect it or if it will dry out, and it seems easy to lose or break.