Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.7

on 8/9/2018 7:04:00 PM

Tried this on age spots and thought it did well UNTIL I had my photograph taken by the DMV for a new license...Those areas showed up ILLUMINATED and crazy! Also, the applicator is way too big to use under the eyes and I don't like spinning the top to crank out more product. It is beyond ordinary, IMHO.

on 8/9/2018 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This concealer is good for brightening your under eyes, but not for covering zits or acne scars due to not enough coverage.

Personally, the best thing about this concealer is that it doesn't break my skin out. Plus, the price is good too. Would buy again.

on 8/9/2018 11:28:00 AM

This concealer is absolutely nothing to write home about. It has a very orange hue - a no-go for any person with even slightly paler skin. It also doesn't blend into skin easily, slides around and settles annoyingly into fine lines. It will draw attention to your problems, not conceal them.

on 8/5/2018 2:41:00 PM

This is the perfect concealer for my under eye area as it does a great job of concealing and without looking too cakey or obvious. Ive purchased concealers for my dark circles from brands such as Nars and Mac but none of them worked properly and ended up in the bin. This is just a fraction of the price of those and yet so much better. I will definitely buy this again.

on 8/5/2018 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was so psyched when this was finally released in darker shades. It's a great concealer and works beautifully under my eyes and around my mouth. I use Hazelnut to cancel out any darkness and Tan/Caramel to highlight. The undertones look really good on my skintone. I've been using this for about 6-7 months and find that it works with every type of foundation I've worn but liquid foundation seems to suit it best. It blends beautifully with a beauty blender and I have been able to spot conceal with Hazelnut alone with translucent powder to set.

I'm a little torn about the applicator. I like how the sponge feels and applies the concealer but it does get a little messy and I wonder about bacteria being able to setting on the applicator. It also takes a very long time to initially get the product to 'click' up into the applicator.

My 'Holy Grail' concealer is Nars Radiant Creamy concealer but I did not replace it when I used it up after trying this concealer. This works just a well, lasts just as long and is a very good price to boot!

on 7/31/2018 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

let me start off by saying I have dark circles that aren't sleep deprivation induced. whether genetic or d/t some kind of nutritional deficit they have been with me my adult life. I typically use it cosmetic concealer and Becca brightening undereye cream at $75 for the combo. I read so many great things about this that i thought for $10 why not try it. I bought the fair skinned concealer and the brightening. first, the packaging is terrible. the whole winding up the tube to dispense it thru an applicator top isn't my thing. i would prefer to squeeze it out then dab it on and use my brush to blend. I turn the dispenser to release extra product onto applicator so I can dab and blend like i like. it's so good that I'm not even taking any points away from my rating for the crappy packaging lol. so the bloggers and beauty articles gushing about this are not lying. this is the freaking best. it completely covers my dark circles. as a concealer elsewhere on my face, it covers and blends into my foundation flawlessly. after having a severe case of pneumonia and being on a tom of medicine, I ended up with a horrible fever blister that took forever to heal. seriously this completely covered it and kept it covered all day. I prefer the brightening concealer. it really does brighten and looks so nice on. it covers while Illuminating and looks natural doing so. this 10 dollars product does the exact same thing my $75 combo does and is long lasting too. I have started only using this and I am glad i took a chance on it. I don't understand the negative reviews on this but everyone is different. but for the price if you are curious to try it, it's worth giving it a go

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I hated this. It is so drying, and dried down on my undereyes weirdly to some uncomfortable texture that kept crumbling off and separating. The coverage is poor and I would have to do several layers for any sufficient covering of my dark eye circles which I have never had to do with any other concealer (and I own about over 15). The only good thing about it is it’s sponge applicator which is very soft and feels nice. I wanted to like this but it had to go in the bin.

I wanted to love this product, I really really did. After seeing so many beauty bloggers and youtubers rave about it I got my hopes up. But...

It's average. It's got okay coverage and does make under my eyes look a little brighter. Would say it lasts fairly well and smells pretty neutral. I do, however, think it could do with being higher coverage, as well as having a change of applicator, and being slightly easier to blend. Not sure why others have called it cakey, but perhaps I haven't tried to build it up enough to get to that stage.

For me, it didn't stand up to the hype. That said, it's a fairly cheap product that's easy to get hold of, so maybe I would buy again if other faves weren't available.

Overall, though, it's a fairly safe bet as I'm sure it would work with many skin types, but it probably won't blow you away.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Great item for on the go, or a little brightening for my light and fresh makeup days. Even works great on the beach or Gym for a little pick me up around the eyes.

on 7/23/2018 2:20:00 PM

I don't have dark circles, but use it for any imperfections I have been using this for a couple of years. I love it! It is easy to use. Blends well. I like the color choices for fair skin. The sponge tip never crumbles or cakes. I know it is considered a "budget" item, but I find it better than the high-end concealers I have tried. I have a friend who is a make-up artist and she uses it on clients!