Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.0

on 8/9/2018 7:04:00 PM

Tried this on age spots and thought it did well UNTIL I had my photograph taken by the DMV for a new license...Those areas showed up ILLUMINATED and crazy! Also, the applicator is way too big to use under the eyes and I don't like spinning the top to crank out more product. It is beyond ordinary, IMHO.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not a big fan of this. It looks muddy on me and I don’t like the foam applicator. The color is flat and doesn’t really brighten my undereye area. I got this to try when my L’oreal Visible Lift ran out. I occasionally make myself try it, but every time I use it I remember why I don’t reach for it. Keeping as a backup but will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Best concealer I have ever used. I sponge on 2-3 dots under each eye and blend with an e.l.f. small stipple brush. I also apply on either side of my nose, blend with the brush, and my redness is covered for the day. This stuff stays on until I take it off. The color Light is perfect for me, and after setting it with powder, it looks like my own skin. Love it. I'll buy it again and again, if I can find it.

on 10/16/2017 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this a few years ago and, after using it for a few weeks, had the same reaction as the previous reviewer -- itchy inner corners that would wake me up at night! Recently tried the illuminating one and loved it. However, after using it twice in one week (I don't wear makeup on a daily basis now) got the same itchy reaction. Such a shame as the illuminating version is a perfect quick way to diffuse dark circles. Will continue using my Shape Tape as this is the BEST concealer I have ever found, bar none. It just takes a little more time as you have to be very careful with the amount you apply.

on 10/2/2017 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this product so long the bottle is almost empty. I will buy another because it works well and the price point.

on 3/16/2017 4:06:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this concealer. I wanted to get the Tarte Shape Tape, or something like that, but I'm on a budget so I thought I'd get this instead. It really is quite good. Creamy, easy to blend, it doesn't look thick.

As for the sponge being "unhygienic," every two or three days I blot out as much of the product on the sponge as I can, spray it with brush cleaning liquid, and blot, blot, blot again. It might not clean it completely, but it's better than nothing. So you see, there is a solution if you bother to look for it.

on 6/14/2016 2:35:00 PM

UPDATE: not a single PD episode since I stopped using this product.I believe this product was responsible for my last two years of perioral dermatitis flare ups - something I've never ever had before until I became a user of this product.

If this product does work for you, a few recommendations: Remove the sponge top - just rip it off. Then you can just turn the dial and the product comes out of the dispenser and onto your finger or applicator. The dabber is simply disgusting especially as the goopy product congeals in the sponge after a few uses. It's very hard to clean the goop out of the sponge - yuk.

Original Review:
I bought this product twice - one for my make up bag, one for my make up table. I really liked it. I began using it two years ago and depended on it.

Over the last two years I began to get this this dry, flakey, bumpy rashy lip problem, and my doctor diagnosed me as having "perioral dermatitis". She said they are not sure what causes it, but she gave me a prescription for doxycycline and that cleared it up.

But as soon as I cleared it up I kept getting flare ups and it was so depressing.

I did some online research and saw that some potential causes could be oil based cosmetics or foundations. I suddenly had an a-ha moment: my PD began at the exact time I discovered and began using Maybelline Age Rewind! I would use Age Rewind around my chin/mouth/nose as concealer as part of my make up routine. And I kept getting these darn PD flare ups and would use the Age Rewind to cover the redness...so I was caught in a vicious cycle and didn't even know it.

I was aware of the greasy gloopy consistency of Age Rewind (put some on your fingers and run them under warm water and you'll see what I mean - yucky)...it feels unlike anything else I've used before.

BTW I've never, ever had issues or break outs with other m/u products.

So I figured out this must be the cause of my PD and threw both of them into the garbage. The current flare up I'm having is calming right down.

I have to say it was great product that worked well. But NO WAY will I ever use again.

on 4/12/2016 12:48:00 PM

This is an inferior product to the older Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector (dc). That had two different shades you could mix and a slim applicator on each end--not this stupid big sponge on top. How can that work for precise undereye application?

on 1/2/2016 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this is a pretty good concealer . I like the product and love the system of delivery. How easy is this to use! Covers better than most but for me it is lacking in color selection. But if you go light enough and use it under makeup instead of over it works well.

This concealer is quite disappointing to me, as with its somewhat high ratings I expected it to perform a lot better. The mousse-like foamy product is hard to dispense thus taking too much time out of a busy schedule, plus it takes 3 coats to cover the darkness under my eyes. Had to do a touch up twice in an 8 hour day. I have very minimal wrinkling under the eye area, but this concealer manages to find and settle in the wrinkles very well. A product is only affordable if it works, no matter if it costs $1 or $50. Don't waste your money on this one!!