Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Filtered by age: 44-55
Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.4

I really like this product, but the damn price went up from $6 to $10 in a couple of years. What gives Maybelline? Soon it will be $20. Companies used the high price of gas as excuses for price hikes, but gas has been the lowest in years. These drug store prices are heading towards high end cosmetic prices and it's really disgusting IMHO.

on 1/29/2019 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I did not like the applicator and when I applied the concealer, it made my eyes and the skin around my eyes burn. Also, it made my skin peel in spots. I will not be using this product again.

on 9/26/2018 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This one is a no for me. Fortunately, had $10 in Extra Bucks from CVS and used it and only spent about 98 cents to try this out as I've heard it compared to Tarte Shape Tape and wanted to see if it really did perform as expected.

While I do like the packaging, it does take many turns to get the product started - so many, I thought I had bought a defective one. But once started, it seems to work fine to bring up more quickly.

But I don't think the coverage this provides is anywhere near Shape Tape. I think a much better Shape Tape dupe (and a fraction of the Maybelline price) is Wet n' Wild's Photofocus Concealer. Aside from the just average coverage this Maybelline provides, the staying power on this really isn't good at all. Again, I can go pretty much the entire work day with Shape Tape or Wet n' Wild. But Maybelline just seemed to break down after only a couple of hours and I do not have oily skin, so surprised that it wore off that quickly.

on 8/5/2018 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was so psyched when this was finally released in darker shades. It's a great concealer and works beautifully under my eyes and around my mouth. I use Hazelnut to cancel out any darkness and Tan/Caramel to highlight. The undertones look really good on my skintone. I've been using this for about 6-7 months and find that it works with every type of foundation I've worn but liquid foundation seems to suit it best. It blends beautifully with a beauty blender and I have been able to spot conceal with Hazelnut alone with translucent powder to set.

I'm a little torn about the applicator. I like how the sponge feels and applies the concealer but it does get a little messy and I wonder about bacteria being able to setting on the applicator. It also takes a very long time to initially get the product to 'click' up into the applicator.

My 'Holy Grail' concealer is Nars Radiant Creamy concealer but I did not replace it when I used it up after trying this concealer. This works just a well, lasts just as long and is a very good price to boot!

on 7/23/2018 2:20:00 PM

I don't have dark circles, but use it for any imperfections I have been using this for a couple of years. I love it! It is easy to use. Blends well. I like the color choices for fair skin. The sponge tip never crumbles or cakes. I know it is considered a "budget" item, but I find it better than the high-end concealers I have tried. I have a friend who is a make-up artist and she uses it on clients!

I try others, but I come back to this. Shape Tape is great, I find this comparable and half the price. I also use it as foundation, in a slightly darker shade.

on 6/24/2018 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Retail price -$9.99 but it's always on sale somewhere.
Description from the website:
This concealer for dark circles and fine lines instantly creates a radiant, refreshed looking eye area. Infused with goji berry and
How to use/apply
Step 1. Twist collar of the Micro-Corrector Applicator in the direction of arrows until the concealer is visible on the sponge (it may take some turns on first use).
Step 2. Using the applicator, apply concealer directly to the under-eye area, blending in an outward motion.
Step 3. For extreme dark circles, apply the Neutralizer shade under concealer shade.
Step 4. To add a luminous touch, apply the Brightener shade to the inner corner of eyes, cheek and brow bones and, bridge of the nose.

I picked this up the first time, just out of curiosity and because it was on sale.I got the color Brightener and fair. The fair was a perfect match but it really didn't do much. The coverage is not great so if you have dark circles( I do not) then I doubt you would like this. It's medium coverage at best, if you apply a decent amount. It looks much nicer when I moisturize the under eye area first. Some of the reviews said they found this moisturizing, I don't find it particularly moisturizing but it's not drying like Shape Tape.

I love the color Brightener. It reminds me a lot of my beloved YSL Touche Eclat, same effect. Yes, the sponge applicator is unsanitary but it really works well and it's super soft. After used for a while it becomes messy and I feel it is unsanitary. I removed the sponge one one and left the it on the one I use for my lids. Brightener, according to their website is supposed to be for the brow bone, inner corners, etc, but I use it for my under eye area and it really makes a huge difference and is a lot cheaper than YSL Touche Eclat. It doesn't settle into fine lines or crease ever. I set it with powder but it's one of the few that I really don't have to. Even if I don't it never creases.It also plays well with every foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer that I use with it. I also use it on my lids sometimes and then set with powder before applying shadow. I've had no irritation whatsoever on lids, under eye or anywhere else I use it.

Maybelline needs to listen to complaints and keep the formula and get rid of the sponge applicator and add a doe foot. Also the plastic cap is cheap and thin and breaks easily so that could use some improvement.

I am on my 3rd tube of Brightener and unless they discontinue it I will continue to re-purchase. I have all of the other supposed dupes for Touche Eclat and none of them come as close to this. Sure the formula is a little different but I get almost the same end result.

Ingredients:
G852364 1 Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclohexasiloxane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methylparaben, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-9, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Tetr Apeptide-7. [+/- May Contain/Peut Contenir: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D44980/4 U.S.Patent Pending

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Love this product, I use the 'fair' shade and it works beautifully with my 'I never go out in sunlight, Irish skin' I never get any creasing or ball up of the product and I have dry skin. I do set it with a light brush of translucent powder and it stays where I put it all day!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a favorite product of a few mature youtube reviewers, so I can’t believe I haven’t thought to try it sooner. It’s a very lightweight liquid concealer that isn’t cakey or drying and I’ve had great luck when reapplying it for touch-ups. It pairs excellent with the brightener (pink correcting shade) too, I recommend getting the pair if you have some major circles to disguise. I hate to admit that this has been blowing all of my other concealers out of the water, especially since it’s inexpensive and Maybelline is often on sale.
The product feeds up into a sponge applicator that one presses against the skin to apply, I admit I am very concerned with the long term hygiene of this method and will probably try cleaning it with alcohol over time. It is also very imprecise so I apply product and then tap it where I need it. A little goes a long way! There’s a tiny plastic cap that covers the sponge applicator, I am not sure if it’s just to protect it or if it will dry out, and it seems easy to lose or break.

on 11/13/2017 11:42:00 AM

This is for the shade "highlighter/illuminator" which is a light pink color. Unfortunately the pink is too dark for my pale/fair NC10 skin. Admittedly I am very, very fair and most people might not have an issue with it. Also I hate the applicator which makes it hard to apply the product evenly or sparsely. I just wanted it for the blue/green veins under my eyes but it's too dark to conceal them properly.