Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.8

on 1/8/2019 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i found out about this product watching tutorials and it had so many good ratings i wanted to try it. it was a little hard to find my shade (tan) but when i finally did i fell in love. this might be my fav concealer (tied with mac pro long wear) the coverage is full its very easy to blend. the only thing i dont like is the twist top to get the product out i think it is a quick way to waste product but if you take a concealer brush and scoop around the top you can get the product out. also there are not alot of shades of this product

This creased on me with powder or without, I wasn't able to make it work. Also hated the packaging, the sponge is useless & the twist up mechanism wasn't working properly. Rimmel wake me up concealer serves me better as an under eye concealer and even more affordable. Had to get rid of this one, pass.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Good coverage but creases and cakes instantly on me no matter how I set it or how I prime.

on 11/16/2018 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I'm surprised that this concealer doesn't have a higher rating. This is one of the few products I repeatedly buy. My sister used mine one time and liked it so much she bought one for herself. I use the "Light" shade and it instantly brightens my dark circles and makes me look more awake. I also like the applicator tip, product texture, and that you don't need a lot of it when you apply. The only thing I have noticed is that if I apply setting powder, it makes it look dry and creasy. But when I stopped doing that, it looks fine.

Je n'ai pas les cernes, mais l'utiliser pour toutes les imperfections que j'utilise cela pour quelques années. J'aime ça! C'est facile a utiliser. Se marie bien. J'aime les choix de couleur pour la peau claire. La pointe de l'éponge ne se désagrège ou des gâteaux. Je sais qu'il est considéré comme un élément « budget », mais je trouve mieux que les anticernes haut de gamme, j'ai essayé. J'ai un ami qui est un artiste de maquillage et elle l'utilise sur les clients. les filles je vous le recommande

Maybelline nails it with concealers! I use 00 Ivory for my undereyes: The sponge on the tip makes for easy application. The concealer itself has light to full buildable coverage without caking up. Also sets nicely with powder!

At the end of the day there is minimal creasing & still there! I cannot recommend enough. This performs almost as well as my nars radiant creamy concealer, which is a holy grail of mine.

If you're on a budget for a medium to full coverage concealer... this is it!

on 8/26/2018 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

The main reason I bought this was because a lot of the beauty YouTubers with a lot of subscribers (Tati, Jeffree, etc) have all been basically saying “I haven’t used in a while but now that I am, I forgot how good it was”. I understand that sounds completely phony or like they were paid by Maybelline to do, but that’s what you’ll see from time to time. They also came out with a new lighest shade (100 ivory) and since this product has been around the block forever, I decided to see what the hype is about.

PROS: The color is good. It looked a bit too orange when first applied, but when you blend it out, it tones down. The color is somewhere between a match for my skintone and slightly lighter.

CONS: First of all, it doesn’t cover like I expected. It does brighten my undereye and eyelids, but I have a distinct area of purple/blue that always shines through. The worst thing about this concealer is how it applies and blends though. Frankly, I am quite shocked at how bad it is considering it’s been around a while and is supposed to an anti-aging concealer. When I first applied it, it had that reaction you get when two textures are incompatible with each other. It didn’t pill or ball up, but it was like a huge area of color that did not want to blend in the skin and it was so naturally “unblended” looking when it went on and when I was trying to work at with it that I had to wipe it off and start again. I was wearing sunscreen at the time, but I always wear sunscreen and I have never had this reaction before. I switched to 2 different sunscreens to see how they would perform and while it got better, the fact of the matter is this concealer is too high maintenance. I want something I can dot around my eyes, press in with my fingers, lightly set with powder, and go. Instead, I end up fussing forever with blending it because it does not blend well. It blends patchy. It doesn’t look like you get a smooth finish or smooth coverage more importantly - it brings out tons of “micro” texture in my eye and eyelid, not even lines, but just like patchiness that looks like makeup and ultimately ages the skin by legit decades. I feel like I would need to really step up my eye game or prime my eyes to wear it, which is ridiculous because this has never been an issue before. I know it is the product. I really need to press it the fuck into my skin and then set it quickly with powder. Powder actually makes it look a lot better but I am not pleased. This is similar to the Maybelline “Better Skin” liquid foundation in the way they both do not sit on the skin in a flattering way naturally and are incompatible with finger application.

OTHER: The applicator is only designed that way for marketing purposes. It’s unnecessary, can cause product on it to dry out, and doesn’t serve any specific purpose. I don't hate it like I thought I would, but it's not that way to be useful.

OVERALL: I still have the product and use it occasionally because the color match is pretty good, but it’s not a good product. The coverage leaves something to be desired and the blend-ability needs work. This is one of those times when I wish I could give a 1.5, not simply a 1 or 2.

on 7/23/2018 12:22:00 AM

decided to gave this a try a few months back,
purchase it because tati westbrook has been raving about this concealer.

on first few tries ***
1. find it really cakey & too drying for me
2. decent coverage but i just dont like the texture
3. i hate the sponge applicator
4. not lasting enough

i dont usually blot at all usually which my make up, but half way through out the day i can see the conceal break apart bit by bit under my eyes, and i just dont like it.
It does not crease on me though, thats one of the good thing, but really too heavy for me as i dont have much dark eye circle, and im usually a girl who loves light to medium dewy foundation radiance look, way too cakey.

on 7/22/2018 4:24:00 PM

I had the Light one and it did the job well. I have dark circles around my eyes and it covered them pretty nicely. Sometimes I used this and just some powder, without the foundation and it looked very fresh and natural. I want to try other concealers but if everything else fails, I will come back to this. And also, the price is friendly.

Love the product- hate the packaging