Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer

3.8

on 2/15/2019 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I never thought I would use a drug store concealer but I’ve officially converted. I have deep allergy lines right under my lower lash lines, and have noticed I look more tired lately. I don’t wear a lot of makeup, just tinted sunscreen. I wanted a natural looking, everyday concealer that was no-muss-no-fuss. The last thing I want to do in the morning is blend or wonder if my concealer is noticeable next to my sheer mineral sunscreen. I fell for the shapetape and NARS concealer hype (I mean they work, but they are THICK and really only look good with a full face of makeup IMO). This concealer is thin in texture, yet has enough coverage to hide the slight under eye inner corner darkness I’ve developed. It is buildable, non-irritating and non-drying. I blend a bit with me ring finger and walk out the door. I don’t have to set this since it’s hydrating and it has yet to settle into lines. I bought this in a shade that matches my skin tone since I’m not going for a brightening, highlighting, look during the week. This fits the bill, it’s natural, easy-to-use and did I mention AFFORDABLE? Overall, well worth the purchase.

As an aside, I’ve heard many people complain about the packaging but unless you’re using a jar concealer with a clean brush after every dip, I don’t think any concealer is completely hygienic.

on 2/6/2019 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer! I prefer using the sponge tip applicator it comes with to swipe along areas that need highlighting or just dab in areas that need spot concealing. Either way, its great! I often don't use any foundation because I just use this and it still makes my skin look great. I found that it works really well with the Fit Me matte+poreless foundation.

on 12/11/2018 3:17:00 PM

This concealer is a staple in my collection, I always end up going back to it. And for the price ?????? you're wild if you don't get it! BUTTTTTTT Maybelline needs to step it up with their shade range, c'mon now.

If you want to see an in-depth review check out me and my best friend's blog post about it!

This is one of the best concealers that I have tried and its price its really good. It covers well my under eyes. I have a medium - tan skin tone and I use the medium skin tone shade. The only bad thing about it is that if you have a deeper skin tone it can be hard to find your shade at Target or Walmart because usually the darkest shade they have there is medium. But overall I loooveee this concealer.

on 11/29/2018 12:46:00 AM

This concealer sucks!!! It creases like nothing iv tried before Goes literally ORANGE when set Has a very poor shade selection The applicator is gross just put it in a pump ?

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Concealers tend to be the bane of my existence. They crease, they get patchy, they don't apply right. Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind cuts a few of those issues. It's not perfect, but it's better than the majority of concealers I've tried.

The unique and innovative applicator caught my eye and drove me to buying it for the first time. I fell in love with it. It was creamy, easy application (I honestly do not like pots or doe's foot applicators for concealers), but sat well with my foundation and primer. My only issue is that it did crease and melt under the heat and humidity after a few hours, but I was also applying waaaay too much at the time.

There's quite a lot packed into that little tube, but it was $24 and for it's price... I can't really justify it. I do like it and I do not mind splurging on makeup, so I will buy it again but if there's a cheaper alternative that does just as good, I wouldn't stick too close to this concealer.

on 10/26/2018 9:15:00 AM

Overall its a decent product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again.

The packaging is alright. Upon first use it requires multiple turns in order for the product to come out, but it is workable.

The sponge applicator does not bother me since I'm not a makeup artist, so I'm not extremely particular whether it is sanitary or not.

In terms of the product itself, I'm not extremely fond of the formulation. It's not lightweight, so if you apply too much of it, it feels and looks cakey on your skin even with a lot of blending, which is what I realised. The coverage itself is alright, I would say medium coverage at most. Its possible to apply more than a layer in my opinion, but just ensure that you prep your undereye area really well and keep it hydrated, or else it will really look cakey and you may experience slight creasing. It's only going to get worse if you choose to set your undereye area or even "bake" them.

Another thing I've noticed when I applied more than one layer sometimes is that, my undereye area start to sting if I put on too much. I also had the same issue when I tried to use this concealer as an eye primer for my eyeshadows. It tingles slightly, but I've never had such an issue with the other concealers I tried. So do keep in mind about that.

Functionality wise, its good. The coverage is there, the longevity is about 6-8 hrs which is sufficient for me, and I do not require any touch ups. Another thing to point out is its affordable, so what more can you ask for!

My personal recommendation is that if you don't have extreme dark eye circles to cover, and your skin is not as sensitive, you may consider purchasing this because I do find that one layer is good enough and the product itself is workable in general. It's not entirely bad to thrash it out into the bin.

However, if you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it simply because of the stinging factor.

Overall in general, I would use up this product, but I wouldn't repurchase it again, since there are better options out there that does the job for me and I honestly do not mind paying more.

Hope this helps!

on 10/19/2018 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i really tried to like this product (mostly because of the positive yt reviews). The applicator is awful, wastes too much product. The first time i bought it i thought the packaging had a problem because i had to do a lot of spins to make the product comes out. The second one i bought had the same problem, so is a general issue.
The formula itself is not the worst, has a decent pigmentation and doesn't look pinkish/orangeish in my olive skin tone, but there are better drugstore concealers that lasts a lot more than this one.

on 9/8/2018 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For reference, I use Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation in shade 1N2 Ecru/Fenty Beauty foundation in a mixture of 120 and 150/Laneige BB Cushion in 13C. The shade 110 for this concealer is perfect for brightening my under eyes. I use a 120 when I'm concealing imperfections (acne scars, spots, etc.)

Pros:
- Blends really well and doesn't crease
- Doesn't highlight any fine lines or wrinkles
- Buildable coverage, though be careful - it tends to become really cakey if you apply too much. Start little, and then build.
- Hasn't broken me out, and I have sensitive + acne-prone skin. Big plus!!

Cons:
- Even though the applicator is supposed to be anti-bacterial, I'm not quite sure how hygienic it really is (especially if you use this concealer everyday, even on clean skin).

But overall, a really good and affordable concealer to have, especially if you're starting out!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I hated this. It is so drying, and dried down on my undereyes weirdly to some uncomfortable texture that kept crumbling off and separating. The coverage is poor and I would have to do several layers for any sufficient covering of my dark eye circles which I have never had to do with any other concealer (and I own about over 15). The only good thing about it is it’s sponge applicator which is very soft and feels nice. I wanted to like this but it had to go in the bin.