Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.3

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to powder I have been using it for a couple of years now. I use it on top of the Diorskin forever liquid foundation and it's the best I have ever used. I'm very pale and the 010 is perfect for my pale (with slight yellow under tones) skin although I think it would be just as lovely on someone with pink undertones. I wouldn't use it alone as it doesn't have as much coverage as I like although the texture and colour is lovely It's great for touch ups on the go. It is very long lasting and is a staple in my make up bag. I read in another review that you can use it with a damp beauty blender and then it gives more of a foundation coverage. I must try this. Also the compact itself is beautiful and refillable.

on 11/6/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after having a losing battle with drugstore powder foundations-- they almost all break me out (or just suck). The Nordstrom Dior makeup counter recommended it to me and I bought it without checking MUA first... big mistake. I saw the good reviews for the old version on here after purchasing and was excited about using it; however, no matter how I applied the product to my face (sponge, brush, with different moisturizers and sunscreens) it ended up looking disgusting after only a few hours. Any amount of dryness in my combination/oily skin was magnified and the only way to fix it was to take off all my makeup and start over. Definite ick and this will be returned ASAP.

PROS:
Color match was great for my very fair, neutral skin tone; didn't break me out

CONS:
Made dry patches very noticeable; gathered in pores; looked like a clay mask on top of my skin.

Do not buy this...seriously.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

ETA on 12/16: While I still love this compact, I have switched shades and now wear Ivory 010.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this compact could be my holy grail! (For now, I'm done searching because I'm so freaking happy with the quality of this product, but I may be tempted to try Dior's Nude Natural Glow in the future...) I believe this to be a 5-star foundation in a 4-star compact. I use the Forever Flawless powder for touch-ups over DiorSkin Nude, or for days when I need to get out of the door quickly and need my foundation to be applied super quick. The powder is the most luxurious I've tried; I actually like this better than Chanel's offerings, and I'm a huge fan of all things Chanel! The texture is soft and almost creamy, and I feel as if I'm wearing nothing on my skin. It's very buildable and blendable as well. I have mild to moderate rosacea, and this makeup doesn't irritate my skin at all. I feel the color of the powder is an exact match for DiorSkin Nude; I wear Cameo 022 in both.

Back to my minor complaint about the packaging: At first, I loved the compact that the powder is housed in. It's sleek and beautiful, and feels quite substantial in the hand. The magnetic closure and mirror within make it feel very luxurious. However, after carrying this compact in my handbag for three days, a horizontal crack appeared across the top. I'm not sure if this is a flaw with the powder itself; rather, I suspect it has something to do with the design of the compact. Maybe I simply threw down my bag too hard one day, but I've never had this problem with a brand new powder before! It's a bit annoying, but the powder is so gorgeous and high quality, that I will definitely repurchase again!