Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.8

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

This is my HG foundation. It leaves the skin velvety and natural looking. I only recommend this powder foundation to ladies that like minimal natural looking coverage. If you have lots of imperfections it will not cover them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- One of the silkiest prestige foundation powder in the market.
- Fragrance free! Good for sensitive skin too. (A rather surprised trait for Dior product)
- Buildable light to medium coverage.
- Conceal redness/acne scar/discoloration easily!
- Luxurious compact design, almost like a chic jewelry case.
- The powder is semi-matte finish but quickly glow and turn dewy on your skin.
- Work nicely over your liquid foundation for a soft medium to full coverage.
- Great for touch up during middle of the day! (with a brush)

Cons:
- 60$CND Expensive! (I don't often say this but this product worth the splurge!)
- Although this powder isn't cakey at all, the con side is on oily skin... it doesn't last long at all... I noticed my T-zone area get oily fast during the day. Even after a good smashbox primer.
- SPF25 is handy, but the ingredient "Octinoxate 5.99%" doesn't block all the sun damage.

The shade wise, I'm using 010 Ivory. Well, that's the lightest shade available. I wear this under my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation (buff-210N). It matched my Asian fairskin tone. I find Dior powder tend to have somewhat yellow undertone, but with a careful mix of liquid foundation, it work perfect for peachy skin tone as well. (like mine)

I use powder brush for application. It's easier then the sponge it come with the compact. Be careful with under eye area, even though this has ultra silky texture, it would still emphasis under eye dry-lines (I noticed that when I try to smile or laugh).

I would definitely recommend if you have normal to dry skin. Oily skin might need to reconsider, or if you don't mind retouch up a few times during the day. (Use a less oily base moisturizer underneath, or only use it during cold season.) One small complain is that the compact is quite huge... take up spaces in your bag. (Although the beautiful case make this product even more alluring!) Once open, this product has 12 months shelf life. (I'd would suggest you use it up within 6-8 months though)

on 9/2/2015 1:28:00 PM

I was given this as a gift. The shade I received is #20 and Sephora describes it as a Light Beige with neutral undertones. The colour just works for my NC20 skin tone but if I were to repurchase, I would buy #21 which is more yellow toned. Typically I wouldn't go near a powder foundation. Lack of coverage? Catches on to dry skin?

I hated this powder intially. I had been using the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff this all over my face. What a mistake. I was caking up my face and not getting coverage at all. And then for a period of time I used it to lightly set my foundation for the sake of using it.

Today I wasn't close to a brush so I decided to use my damp beauty blender - OH MY GOODNESS. Full coverage in 4 swipes, I'm not even kidding. It lasted all day and looked better than a lot of my liquid foundations. I didn't even find the need to set my foundation. When this powder is used wet, the pigment is very intense! I love it!

Nowadays, for a full coverage look, I apply a tiny bit of concealer and BB cream and then go in with this foundation using a dampened beauty blender (any equivalent will work fine I'm sure).

5/5 definitely. I would have given it a 1 intially but I am glad the product's true potential has been revealed!

on 1/15/2014 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's difficult for me to find lighter shades of powder in yellow-based, yet natural looking shades (with the exception of MAC, which has some good options). When I saw this for the first time, I immediately purchased it without even trying it on my skin or anything. Luckily, it was perfect! I use this in the shade #21 Linen (a light beige, with yellow undertones) and for reference I have warm, yellow undertones and wear an NC20 in MAC (or in other brands: Tarte Amazonian Clay In Light-Medium Sand, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, Revlon ColorStay in #180 Sand Beige, Missha Perfect Cover in #2, NARS The Radiant Cream foundation in Fiji). The powder has an SPF25/PA++ with titanium dioxide 0.54%, and octinoxate 5.99% - but I wouldn't recommend relying on this as your sole SPF product (otherwise you'd have to cake this on thick and all over your face - not good).

The compact is nice, easy to travel with and has a mirror and sponge included (which I don't use and recommend tossing or only using for touch-ups) and magnetic closure. It feels like silk on skin, very fine and soft. The coverage is light to medium and I usually use this after dabbing some concealer under my eyes when I don't want to wear liquid foundations or BB creams. I use a large, fluffy powder brush - but of course you can use a sponge or buffing brush for more coverage. The finish is natural, matte but not dry or dull-looking. I love that it doesn't dry out my skin or look cakey either. Because it is so smooth and velvety, I'm able to use this even under my eyes to blur under eye circles, or to set concealers and any cover up any redness around my nose. It keeps my skin matte and flawless for around 5 hours before I have to touch up/blot my t-zone due to some oiliness. On my cheeks and drier areas the powder lasts through an entire work day for me and adheres well to skin with or without primer - although I prefer not to use primers and just an SPF cream or antioxidant serum works best for me.

Cons: No refills available in US, Cda (packaging states refills are available everywhere except the Americas). Why is that?! I wish refills were available, because I hate tossing the compact each time when buying a new one. Also, the price is up there for the amount ($49 for 10g/0.35oz) but it's Dior so not a surprise.

Repurchase/Recommend? Yes, although the shades are somewhat limited (I think only 10 shades when I bought this) if you can find a match, it's a great powder. I will/do repurchase but may end up switching to Shiseido (*if* it works just as well on my skin) at some point due to the refill issue.

on 4/19/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: I purchased this on a whim and am very pleased with this product. The finish is very natural, and though this is a pressed powder the coverage is very good in comparison to many other pressed powders. I use this during the summer over concealer when it gets insanely hot where I live and liquid foundation is not an option. I love the packaging, it looks so nice and the velvet pouch that it comes in is mediocre (in comparison to Chanel and Burberry). My one complaint is not about the formula but the closure on the packaging. Though the packaging is very beautiful, it has a magnetic closure which in my opinion is inferior to snap closures because it seems though it could come lose more easily (though if you keep it in the velvet pouch while on the go it should be okay).

Pros: good coverage, nice packaging, comes with a velvet pouch, convenient to travel with

Cons: wish it didn't have a magnetic closure, misleading packaging (though this shouldn't matter because many Dior products are not refillable, the way the packaging is designed it appears to be refillable)

Overall Verdict: I will repurchase this! This product is a must have for me in the summer. I am so pleasantly surprised with the coverage it gives despite being a powder compact.

on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is a very long review, but I hope it will help you to understand if this powder is something that will fit you or if this is a product you would only waste your money on.

I rushed a little bit into this buy as I reeeeally wanted to get a new powder foundation, so I went into the store, looked at Kanebo Cellular performance foundation (more finely milled than Total Finish), Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat de Chanel Compact (has gotten good reviews), YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder (has received good reviews), Laura Mercier Powder Foundation and Diorskin Forever and Nude. And for some reason I stopped on THE powder of all of these with the worst ratings... I don't think this is a bad powder foundation, but I do agree that it will NOT fit most people.

I don't have much I need to cover - just a little bit of pinkiness and hyperpigmentation, and even out my skin tone to match my neck. The SA applied this on me with a very big fluffy brush. After the SA applied it my skin looked beautiful, and I ended up just buying it, without wearing it around and thinking for at least a week (this IS an expensive product that shouldn't be bought without thinking first). It may in part be that the powder products I've till now tried from Dior have been so good. About 5 minutes into the wear of this my skin started to feel a little tight. I had already walked out of the store and began to regret the purchase thinking that this powder is probably for much oilier skin than mine. However, about 3 minutes later my skin no longer felt tight. The same happens to me always when applying this: first it feels a little tight, but the sensation goes away quickly.

I have light - NC15, very yellow toned skin and got this in 20, which is a little bit too dark (it goes a little orange, meaning it's too dark) - I would recommend this to people with skin tone NC20, maybe. I must warn you: if your skin isn't VERY yellow toned, you may have to pass on this one - there is quite a high probability it will be orange, because after this oxidizes it becomes even a little more yellow-toned than it initially is. This is quite confusing as the powder looks quite neutral in the pan. When something turns more orange-toned, it tends to look better on yellow than pink skin tones.

I have read some of the other less positive reviews about this and want to make some comments about them:
- this doesn't become orange on me if the colour isn't too dark. I have a very yellow undertone and dry skin - things oxidize much worse on oily skin. Another reason this doesn't oxidize on me is because I use so little of it.
- it doesn't dry my skin out. I moisturize very well and my skin isn't flaky. When it comes to flakiness, my experience is that all of the powders and most of the liquid foundations I have actually emphasizes flakes (and I have owned about 35 liquid, 7 cream and 7 powder foundations. Only the Skin79 - very siliconey foundation made flakes look less flaky)
- it does definitely NOT cake or sit in my pores. I apply lightly with a fluffy brush, and I have small pores. Even when my face sweats a little with this, it doesn't cake up. I can even apply this several times in the day without caking. BUT: I do agree that this WILL cake if you don't apply it lightly
- some people complain about the coverage, but I don't have problems with the coverage since I barely need any. Apply on dry skin - else it will cake and separate. This can be done by blotting the face with a paper tissue right before application.

PROS:
- I apply it in a thin layer and it looks VERY natural - you would probably not realize I have makeup on even if you looked at my face up close
- the colour matches my very yellow skin well
- it keeps the oils that come during the day very much easier to keep at bay - my skin is on the dry side though. You can see my skin get slightly oily, but I can even blot it away with the back of my hand if I need to
- it doesn't make my pores show up better/doesn't circle my pores
- it holds up well during the day and doesn't cake, but as said: I don't need much coverage, so I apply this pretty sparingly and a little less coverage during the day wouldn't make much difference to me

CONS:
- expensive
- a little bit of tight feeling after application (that goes away on me very fast + I have gotten used to it)
- it's a little heavy-feeling, even with a thin layer I can actually feel that there's something on my face. It's not bad on most of my face, but I definitely feel this powder on the area between my upper lip and nose
- it WILL oxidize (depending on how oily your skin is and how much you apply)
- this is not a con for me, but the coverage of this is light, and I don't think you can actually build it up to be a medium without it being heavy and caking up. Personally, I would never use a sponge to apply this powder to my face, but it may be the only way of actually getting medium coverage out of this, but again: it will not look good
- the colour selection is, obviously, bad because it seems to fit only one type of skin tone perfectly + oxidizes
- I have sensitive skin that seems to react a little to this. May it be the sodium alginate?
- Would not use it as a powder for summer as I feel a little hot under it even when the temperatures aren't high
- not for oily skin

Who would like this:
- yellow undertone
- small pores
- normal skin type
- not flaky skin
- needs just a little coverage (light, light medium)
- not sensitive skin
- not for very warm seasons
- doesn't have tendency to sweat or get oily much during the day
- wants long-lasting, natural looking makeup
- cannot say how this would work for older skin
People with skin like that tend to be able to wear almost anything, and the only reason they don't is because some things aren't long-lasting or wrong colour or not finely enough milled. Is this the best powder? Not for me. Is it worth it? Up to you

on 5/12/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the WORST powder foundation I've ever used! It was heavy, CAKEY, and powdery! It sunk into every pore and made me look like I had dry, jaundiced, OLD skin. I used to use the older formulation of this product and it was WORLDS better than this garbage. Thank God I got it at Macy's... took it back and exchanged it for Diorskin Nude liquid. Much better. Don't waste your money!

on 5/2/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yet another "no" to repurchasing from me. I an drawn towards Dior make up in general, but I can't get any of the foundations to work for me for one reason: they oxidise like nobody's business! The only one that doesn't, is the loose Nude Glow, which is divine. The Diorskin Forever powder foundation was unfortunately no exception, and although the result looks good for 15 minutes or so, after some time it turns into an hideous, orange shade. Also, I find the colours quite yellow, even 020, which is normally my perfect shade, is quite yellow in this powder. Otherwise, it's your typical run-of-the-mill powder foundation; quite light, buildable coverage, skinlike finish and it is also quite longlasting on my dry skin. If it just hadn't oxidised, I would probably repurchase. Now, I'll have to continue my search, and I suspect that either Kanebo or La Prairie will be the next one to try.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is my second compact of this powder. It covers well, it helps my oily skin stay a little matte, its not cakey or dry looking on the skin, the colors are good AND it doesnt break me out EVER. It even has a sunscreen. I have tried many other powder foundations, this is the best for my oily skin that loves to break out. Its wonderful stuff, give it a try.

on 1/5/2012 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay, so I liked the old one fine. As a powder fdtn junkie I was dying to try the new one and it was a complete fail for me. The color 30 which matched perfectly in the old is yellowish-orange and looks hideous. It is powdery and just sits on top of my skin. As hard as I tried with 2 different brushes and the sponge, I could not get this stuff to blend. Far less coverage than previous compact. Even with concealer under, I could still see any flaws. Horrid. I much prefer LM MMU or pressed powder fdtn and LaPrairie. My advice is to try others first. Though Sephora does have a great return policy.....thank God!