Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.5

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 7/2/2015 1:13:00 PM

$52 USD. I wear MAC NC20/C2 and purchased this in Linen #21. I think this is closer to MAC C3 than C2, as it's just a tiny bit darker than I'd like. It has true yellow-undertone and the difference isn't too noticeable. The coverage is light to medium, if you use a brush and use a light hand. If you use a sponge, the coverage is medium to heavy. Texture is very velvety matte, closer to the Asian dual-finish powders. If you're used to HD powders, this will appear coarse to you, but it's actually very finely milled, as compared to MAC Studio powder. If you have used the DiorSnow powder foundation, this one is not as drying and seems heavier (maybe more oil?). You won't regret buying this - if you can find a good color match. If you're pale Asian with yellow-undertones, #21 is the lightest you can get - the #10 (Ivory) and #20 (Light Beige) are way too pink.

At the moment, I haven't committed to a particular foundation or powder and have about ten different products in circulation. Over the years, though, I've come back again and again to Dior (if I can find the right color match), because of the coverage and texture of their powder foundations. My main gripe with Dior is that their color selection isn't consistent and the tones will change often - even within the same product line!. The #10 (Ivory) Forever powder foundation years ago had slight yellow undertones but recently added more pink tone. The #21 was a much darker color in years past but now suddenly, it's much lighter. For this reason, I always have to shop around after having fallen in love with a Dior foundation - only to discover the new batch has a totally different tone. So annoying and why I can't give 5 lippies to a Dior foundation.

on 11/7/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

UPDATE 09/1/18: Sadly, Dior's Forever Flawless Fusion Compact powder foundation has been discontinued and replaced by Diorskin "Forever Extreme Control" Powder Foundation for those with very oily skin. I contacted the Dior website to inquire since I was going to order online. The French representative verified the product was no longer in their catalogue. The Forever Flawless Fusion worked beautifully on my mature skin and was silky rather than matte. Hint: I I have a hunch Dior may be downsizing their cosmetic line and moving more toward fashion!

After another epic search for a powder foundation, I settled on Dior's Fusion Compact. Cameo 022 proved the best color match for my cool, medium-fair skin. This foundation is more suitable for those with normal to slightly dry skin and provides light coverage that evens out the skin tone. It applies smoothly without becoming heavy or caked. No oxidation so far. I prefer using cream blush over this foundation since I have mature, dry skin.

Packaging is Dior elegant. Powder is housed in a quality compact with a velvet pouch. Also purchased Dior's Hydra Light Lotion SPF 15 to apply underneath the foundation for hydration, slip and additional SPF, but I returned it since I prefer a true moisturizer.

I use this as an everyday foundation and feel this is better quality powder foundation than Lancome's Dual Phase, Laura Mercier, Armani, or the liquid Clarins Everlasting SPF 15 (all these foundations did not perform well on my mature skin based on the samples worn).

As an alternate to Dior Fusion Compact, if you have yellow or beige undertones, give Shiseido Smoothing Powder Foundation a try. It "was" my HG (but no color match), and hands down the best out there at $32.

UPDATE 1/11/2016 - The correct name of this compact is Diorskin Forever Compact (Flawless Fusion). Still one of the best affordable powder foundations out there. No settling in fine lines or pores and is not flat. Evens out skin tone and makes your face look better. If you have mature, dry skin, (or normal) use a moisturizer underneath. This foundation morphs into a lovely thin layer of foundation and stays put without being too mat!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I was out of my Hello Flawless by Benefit, so while in Sephora I was standing in a line up when this beautiful compact caught my eye. I have fair skin with lots of rosasea redness and scarring. I usually top my fd with a powder fd on top to achieve an even skin surface. I snatched it and it seemed to go very smoothly. Conveniently there was a Dior rep who quickly colormatched me. So I got this instead. First of all the packaging is gorgeous, you can proudly pull it out in public, it comes in a velvety pouch too, also you can buy refills online I believe (you kind of push out the pan). SPF 25,great for a powder fd. That's it for good staff.
The bad is ugly. The colormatch was good, but the color had a grey hue to it that made me look sick. I notice that with lots of SPF loaded powder FDs.
I keep using it for 2months, thinking that I was bad at applying my liquid foundation or bad primer, not enough moisturizer, too much moisturizer (I got creative as you can see). Until I switched this product for Laura Mercier version. Only then I had a reality check. This powder oxidized tremendously on my oily skin. I looked like a corpse. Thanks, I can achieve the same effect for cheap, without costing an arm and a leg. If you are on a tight budget try Dream Matt by Maybeline (awesome coverage, no caking at all, big flaw - clogging if used daily). Can afford to splurdge - Laura Mercier powder fd or MUFE Duo Mat.

on 12/19/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I have finally found my HG foundation. I love the updated (2011) Diorskin Forever Compact Foundation! I prefer mineral and powder foundations over liquids. I've tried soooo many powder foundations and none compare to this! It looks so natural. It is like it melds into the skin, like a second skin. I've never seen a powder foundation looking this natural before. It is not a full coverage foundation, but it is buildable. It blurs away all redness, my face looks more "alive and awake" when I use this. I use color 021 and it is perfect for my light warm toned skin. Yes, it is expensive but for me it is worth it. I am so happy that my search for the perfect foundation is finally over.