Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.3

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 10/17/2016 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice, soft powder, but if you have big pores and oily nose it will get patchy and clog your pores. I tried different ways to apply it (sponge, brush, tipping, swiping, twirling, wet, dry...), I even wore it over Diorskin Airflash and it turned the beautiful finish of the foundation into a sticky mess. You may make it work with a primer (I didn't try it), but I would expect something less complicated for that price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the one of the most horrible powder foundations I ever tried. I live in Hong Kong. The weather here is warm and humid. Every time I used this powder and wore sunglasses after taking them away I saw horrible powder strokes. (It's good if I saw mirror before people saw me, otherwise the most carrying person would point me out that I have makeup malfunction). Even if I put sunglasses for only 5-10 minutes this foundation was moving. It never happen to me with any other product I used.

on 4/26/2015 7:28:00 PM

Nice everyday powder to even out skin tone. Matches my skin well and doesn't look like I'm wearing much Makeup. I prefer to use this on top of my liquid foundation rather than on its own. Nice and silky finish.

on 11/7/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

After another epic search for a powder foundation, I settled on Dior's Fusion Compact. Cameo 022 proved the best color match for my cool, medium-fair skin. This foundation is more suitable for those with normal to slightly dry skin and provides light coverage that evens out the skin tone. It applies smoothly without becoming heavy or caked. No oxidation so far. I prefer using cream blush over this foundation since I have mature, dry skin.

Packaging is Dior elegant. Powder is housed in a quality compact with a velvet pouch. Also purchased Dior's Hydra Light Lotion SPF 15 to apply underneath the foundation for hydration, slip and additional SPF, but I returned it since I prefer a true moisturizer.

I use this as an everyday foundation and feel this is better quality powder foundation than Lancome's Dual Phase, Laura Mercier, Armani, or the liquid Clarins Everlasting SPF 15 (all these foundations did not perform well on my mature skin based on the samples worn).

As an alternate to Dior Fusion Compact, if you have yellow or beige undertones, give Shiseido Smoothing Powder Foundation a try. It "was" my HG (but no color match), and hands down the best out there at $32.

UPDATE 1/11/2016 - The correct name of this compact is Diorskin Forever Compact (Flawless Fusion). Still one of the best affordable powder foundations out there. No settling in fine lines or pores and is not flat. Evens out skin tone and makes your face look better. If you have mature, dry skin, (or normal) use a moisturizer underneath. This foundation morphs into a lovely thin layer of foundation and stays put without being too mat!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aye caramba, I should know better than to make an impulse buy without consulting MUA first.

I picked this up because I was feeling the need for some retail therapy. Big mistake. I broke out overnight after using this compact foundation for the first time. To be fair, the color match was perfecto on me and the reason I pulled the trigger.

Once I got it home I realized the finish was meh at best and needed several layers to build to medium coverage. Upon rising the morning after my first wear I spotted clogs. I was a bit concerned but decided to try it again just to make certain it was the product. Today I woke up with 3 pimples all in non-break out areas.

Back to Sephora it went.

on 4/19/2013 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Summary: I purchased this on a whim and am very pleased with this product. The finish is very natural, and though this is a pressed powder the coverage is very good in comparison to many other pressed powders. I use this during the summer over concealer when it gets insanely hot where I live and liquid foundation is not an option. I love the packaging, it looks so nice and the velvet pouch that it comes in is mediocre (in comparison to Chanel and Burberry). My one complaint is not about the formula but the closure on the packaging. Though the packaging is very beautiful, it has a magnetic closure which in my opinion is inferior to snap closures because it seems though it could come lose more easily (though if you keep it in the velvet pouch while on the go it should be okay).

Pros: good coverage, nice packaging, comes with a velvet pouch, convenient to travel with

Cons: wish it didn't have a magnetic closure, misleading packaging (though this shouldn't matter because many Dior products are not refillable, the way the packaging is designed it appears to be refillable)

Overall Verdict: I will repurchase this! This product is a must have for me in the summer. I am so pleasantly surprised with the coverage it gives despite being a powder compact.

I thought that this product was of good quality but it made my nose look very dry and made my nose look like it had dry patches. Also, my Clinique bronzer wouldn't go on at all. I have no idea why.. perhaps the powder is resistant to the Clinique bronzer? Maybe it's because the Dior foundation is so matte that it wouldn't allow the powder bronzer to settle in. Also, the powder foundation didn't last as long as I thought it would have, compared to it's price point. I hit pan on it, in less than a month. OTHER than that, it's an amazing product. It's definitely a lot better than MAC foundations (which makes you look either cakey or oily around the T-zone - I felt.) Also, I felt that this foundation was better than the Chanel Aqualumiere liquid foundation, which made my nose very oily, just after 3 hours (Maybe because it was a liquid foundation though.). Chanel VS Dior, just letting you guys know.

on 1/21/2013 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this is a very long review, but I hope it will help you to understand if this powder is something that will fit you or if this is a product you would only waste your money on.

I rushed a little bit into this buy as I reeeeally wanted to get a new powder foundation, so I went into the store, looked at Kanebo Cellular performance foundation (more finely milled than Total Finish), Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat de Chanel Compact (has gotten good reviews), YSL Matte and Radiant Pressed Powder (has received good reviews), Laura Mercier Powder Foundation and Diorskin Forever and Nude. And for some reason I stopped on THE powder of all of these with the worst ratings... I don't think this is a bad powder foundation, but I do agree that it will NOT fit most people.

I don't have much I need to cover - just a little bit of pinkiness and hyperpigmentation, and even out my skin tone to match my neck. The SA applied this on me with a very big fluffy brush. After the SA applied it my skin looked beautiful, and I ended up just buying it, without wearing it around and thinking for at least a week (this IS an expensive product that shouldn't be bought without thinking first). It may in part be that the powder products I've till now tried from Dior have been so good. About 5 minutes into the wear of this my skin started to feel a little tight. I had already walked out of the store and began to regret the purchase thinking that this powder is probably for much oilier skin than mine. However, about 3 minutes later my skin no longer felt tight. The same happens to me always when applying this: first it feels a little tight, but the sensation goes away quickly.

I have light - NC15, very yellow toned skin and got this in 20, which is a little bit too dark (it goes a little orange, meaning it's too dark) - I would recommend this to people with skin tone NC20, maybe. I must warn you: if your skin isn't VERY yellow toned, you may have to pass on this one - there is quite a high probability it will be orange, because after this oxidizes it becomes even a little more yellow-toned than it initially is. This is quite confusing as the powder looks quite neutral in the pan. When something turns more orange-toned, it tends to look better on yellow than pink skin tones.

I have read some of the other less positive reviews about this and want to make some comments about them:
- this doesn't become orange on me if the colour isn't too dark. I have a very yellow undertone and dry skin - things oxidize much worse on oily skin. Another reason this doesn't oxidize on me is because I use so little of it.
- it doesn't dry my skin out. I moisturize very well and my skin isn't flaky. When it comes to flakiness, my experience is that all of the powders and most of the liquid foundations I have actually emphasizes flakes (and I have owned about 35 liquid, 7 cream and 7 powder foundations. Only the Skin79 - very siliconey foundation made flakes look less flaky)
- it does definitely NOT cake or sit in my pores. I apply lightly with a fluffy brush, and I have small pores. Even when my face sweats a little with this, it doesn't cake up. I can even apply this several times in the day without caking. BUT: I do agree that this WILL cake if you don't apply it lightly
- some people complain about the coverage, but I don't have problems with the coverage since I barely need any. Apply on dry skin - else it will cake and separate. This can be done by blotting the face with a paper tissue right before application.

PROS:
- I apply it in a thin layer and it looks VERY natural - you would probably not realize I have makeup on even if you looked at my face up close
- the colour matches my very yellow skin well
- it keeps the oils that come during the day very much easier to keep at bay - my skin is on the dry side though. You can see my skin get slightly oily, but I can even blot it away with the back of my hand if I need to
- it doesn't make my pores show up better/doesn't circle my pores
- it holds up well during the day and doesn't cake, but as said: I don't need much coverage, so I apply this pretty sparingly and a little less coverage during the day wouldn't make much difference to me

CONS:
- expensive
- a little bit of tight feeling after application (that goes away on me very fast + I have gotten used to it)
- it's a little heavy-feeling, even with a thin layer I can actually feel that there's something on my face. It's not bad on most of my face, but I definitely feel this powder on the area between my upper lip and nose
- it WILL oxidize (depending on how oily your skin is and how much you apply)
- this is not a con for me, but the coverage of this is light, and I don't think you can actually build it up to be a medium without it being heavy and caking up. Personally, I would never use a sponge to apply this powder to my face, but it may be the only way of actually getting medium coverage out of this, but again: it will not look good
- the colour selection is, obviously, bad because it seems to fit only one type of skin tone perfectly + oxidizes
- I have sensitive skin that seems to react a little to this. May it be the sodium alginate?
- Would not use it as a powder for summer as I feel a little hot under it even when the temperatures aren't high
- not for oily skin

Who would like this:
- yellow undertone
- small pores
- normal skin type
- not flaky skin
- needs just a little coverage (light, light medium)
- not sensitive skin
- not for very warm seasons
- doesn't have tendency to sweat or get oily much during the day
- wants long-lasting, natural looking makeup
- cannot say how this would work for older skin
People with skin like that tend to be able to wear almost anything, and the only reason they don't is because some things aren't long-lasting or wrong colour or not finely enough milled. Is this the best powder? Not for me. Is it worth it? Up to you

on 6/22/2012 11:29:00 AM

I wasn't looking for a powder foundation but somehow the SA showed me this one and I love it. I have it in 40 and it's perfect for the summer. I've hit pan and have a back up already. Yes, a bit on the expensive side but this is where I have to problem with the cost if the expectations are met. I have combo skin. It stays put all day, no shine, no retouching and make my skin looks flawless.

on 5/19/2012 3:53:00 AM

I use this compact mainly as a setting powder on top my foundations. I'm an NC30 and got #30 (medium beige). Looked dark on the pan but it went on nicely on my skin. I haven't used it solely as a foundation yet only to set my liquid foundation.

The quality of the powder is nice and smooth which I like in comparison to my other compacts (lancome, MAC, shiseido). It did not oxidise on my skin however you must moisturise your skin prior to using this as if you have combo skin like me (dry patchy areas) it will definately accentuate it. It covers my pores and feels light on my skin.

I have sensitive skin aswell and it did not cause any irritation or afterwards redness when I took it off.

Overall, it is an expensive foundation and I personally like it. Very expensive but I don't wear makeup that often so it's not a big deal for me.