Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.2

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 11/7/2013 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

After another epic search for a powder foundation, I settled on Dior's Fusion Compact. Cameo 022 proved the best color match for my cool, medium-fair skin. This foundation is more suitable for those with normal to slightly dry skin and provides light coverage that evens out the skin tone. It applies smoothly without becoming heavy or caked. No oxidation so far. I prefer using cream blush over this foundation since I have mature, dry skin.

Packaging is Dior elegant. Powder is housed in a quality compact with a velvet pouch. Also purchased Dior's Hydra Light Lotion SPF 15 to apply underneath the foundation for hydration, slip and additional SPF, but I returned it since I prefer a true moisturizer.

I use this as an everyday foundation and feel this is better quality powder foundation than Lancome's Dual Phase, Laura Mercier, Armani, or the liquid Clarins Everlasting SPF 15 (all these foundations did not perform well on my mature skin based on the samples worn).

As an alternate to Dior Fusion Compact, if you have yellow or beige undertones, give Shiseido Smoothing Powder Foundation a try. It "was" my HG (but no color match), and hands down the best out there at $32.

UPDATE 1/11/2016 - The correct name of this compact is Diorskin Forever Compact (Flawless Fusion). Still one of the best affordable powder foundations out there. No settling in fine lines or pores and is not flat. Evens out skin tone and makes your face look better. If you have mature, dry skin, (or normal) use a moisturizer underneath. This foundation morphs into a lovely thin layer of foundation and stays put without being too mat!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I'm guessing the new version of this is called the Flawless Perfection.

I have dry skin if that makes a difference, I'm seeing that most people who didn't like it or complain that it oxidizes have oily skin. A lot of make up oxidizes on oily skin. I'm just sayin'.

I used this over my Diorskin Nude liquid foundation. This powder was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it isn't the best for me. I have come to realize that I need to stick with mineral make up. But that is just because of my skin type.

The color I chose was perfect for my complexion (in Dior it is 20). But it was just a little bit cakey like others have mentioned. I tried applying it with every kind of brush or sponge that I could find, and it still looked like a little too much make up for me. I don't like to look made up. Even my husband commented on it and he never notices stuff like that.

In the end I returned it to Sephora. For the price I couldn't justify keeping it since I wasn't in love with it or anything.

on 5/12/2012 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the WORST powder foundation I've ever used! It was heavy, CAKEY, and powdery! It sunk into every pore and made me look like I had dry, jaundiced, OLD skin. I used to use the older formulation of this product and it was WORLDS better than this garbage. Thank God I got it at Macy's... took it back and exchanged it for Diorskin Nude liquid. Much better. Don't waste your money!

on 5/2/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yet another "no" to repurchasing from me. I an drawn towards Dior make up in general, but I can't get any of the foundations to work for me for one reason: they oxidise like nobody's business! The only one that doesn't, is the loose Nude Glow, which is divine. The Diorskin Forever powder foundation was unfortunately no exception, and although the result looks good for 15 minutes or so, after some time it turns into an hideous, orange shade. Also, I find the colours quite yellow, even 020, which is normally my perfect shade, is quite yellow in this powder. Otherwise, it's your typical run-of-the-mill powder foundation; quite light, buildable coverage, skinlike finish and it is also quite longlasting on my dry skin. If it just hadn't oxidised, I would probably repurchase. Now, I'll have to continue my search, and I suspect that either Kanebo or La Prairie will be the next one to try.

on 12/19/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I have finally found my HG foundation. I love the updated (2011) Diorskin Forever Compact Foundation! I prefer mineral and powder foundations over liquids. I've tried soooo many powder foundations and none compare to this! It looks so natural. It is like it melds into the skin, like a second skin. I've never seen a powder foundation looking this natural before. It is not a full coverage foundation, but it is buildable. It blurs away all redness, my face looks more "alive and awake" when I use this. I use color 021 and it is perfect for my light warm toned skin. Yes, it is expensive but for me it is worth it. I am so happy that my search for the perfect foundation is finally over.