Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.8

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 5/5/2016 9:48:00 AM

Silky smooth powder. Great for touchups or instead of liqud foundtion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- One of the silkiest prestige foundation powder in the market.
- Fragrance free! Good for sensitive skin too. (A rather surprised trait for Dior product)
- Buildable light to medium coverage.
- Conceal redness/acne scar/discoloration easily!
- Luxurious compact design, almost like a chic jewelry case.
- The powder is semi-matte finish but quickly glow and turn dewy on your skin.
- Work nicely over your liquid foundation for a soft medium to full coverage.
- Great for touch up during middle of the day! (with a brush)

Cons:
- 60$CND Expensive! (I don't often say this but this product worth the splurge!)
- Although this powder isn't cakey at all, the con side is on oily skin... it doesn't last long at all... I noticed my T-zone area get oily fast during the day. Even after a good smashbox primer.
- SPF25 is handy, but the ingredient "Octinoxate 5.99%" doesn't block all the sun damage.

The shade wise, I'm using 010 Ivory. Well, that's the lightest shade available. I wear this under my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation (buff-210N). It matched my Asian fairskin tone. I find Dior powder tend to have somewhat yellow undertone, but with a careful mix of liquid foundation, it work perfect for peachy skin tone as well. (like mine)

I use powder brush for application. It's easier then the sponge it come with the compact. Be careful with under eye area, even though this has ultra silky texture, it would still emphasis under eye dry-lines (I noticed that when I try to smile or laugh).

I would definitely recommend if you have normal to dry skin. Oily skin might need to reconsider, or if you don't mind retouch up a few times during the day. (Use a less oily base moisturizer underneath, or only use it during cold season.) One small complain is that the compact is quite huge... take up spaces in your bag. (Although the beautiful case make this product even more alluring!) Once open, this product has 12 months shelf life. (I'd would suggest you use it up within 6-8 months though)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to powder I have been using it for a couple of years now. I use it on top of the Diorskin forever liquid foundation and it's the best I have ever used. I'm very pale and the 010 is perfect for my pale (with slight yellow under tones) skin although I think it would be just as lovely on someone with pink undertones. I wouldn't use it alone as it doesn't have as much coverage as I like although the texture and colour is lovely It's great for touch ups on the go. It is very long lasting and is a staple in my make up bag. I read in another review that you can use it with a damp beauty blender and then it gives more of a foundation coverage. I must try this. Also the compact itself is beautiful and refillable.

on 9/2/2015 1:28:00 PM

I was given this as a gift. The shade I received is #20 and Sephora describes it as a Light Beige with neutral undertones. The colour just works for my NC20 skin tone but if I were to repurchase, I would buy #21 which is more yellow toned. Typically I wouldn't go near a powder foundation. Lack of coverage? Catches on to dry skin?

I hated this powder intially. I had been using the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff this all over my face. What a mistake. I was caking up my face and not getting coverage at all. And then for a period of time I used it to lightly set my foundation for the sake of using it.

Today I wasn't close to a brush so I decided to use my damp beauty blender - OH MY GOODNESS. Full coverage in 4 swipes, I'm not even kidding. It lasted all day and looked better than a lot of my liquid foundations. I didn't even find the need to set my foundation. When this powder is used wet, the pigment is very intense! I love it!

Nowadays, for a full coverage look, I apply a tiny bit of concealer and BB cream and then go in with this foundation using a dampened beauty blender (any equivalent will work fine I'm sure).

5/5 definitely. I would have given it a 1 intially but I am glad the product's true potential has been revealed!

on 7/2/2015 1:13:00 PM

$52 USD. I wear MAC NC20/C2 and purchased this in Linen #21. I think this is closer to MAC C3 than C2, as it's just a tiny bit darker than I'd like. It has true yellow-undertone and the difference isn't too noticeable. The coverage is light to medium, if you use a brush and use a light hand. If you use a sponge, the coverage is medium to heavy. Texture is very velvety matte, closer to the Asian dual-finish powders. If you're used to HD powders, this will appear coarse to you, but it's actually very finely milled, as compared to MAC Studio powder. If you have used the DiorSnow powder foundation, this one is not as drying and seems heavier (maybe more oil?). You won't regret buying this - if you can find a good color match. If you're pale Asian with yellow-undertones, #21 is the lightest you can get - the #10 (Ivory) and #20 (Light Beige) are way too pink.

At the moment, I haven't committed to a particular foundation or powder and have about ten different products in circulation. Over the years, though, I've come back again and again to Dior (if I can find the right color match), because of the coverage and texture of their powder foundations. My main gripe with Dior is that their color selection isn't consistent and the tones will change often - even within the same product line!. The #10 (Ivory) Forever powder foundation years ago had slight yellow undertones but recently added more pink tone. The #21 was a much darker color in years past but now suddenly, it's much lighter. For this reason, I always have to shop around after having fallen in love with a Dior foundation - only to discover the new batch has a totally different tone. So annoying and why I can't give 5 lippies to a Dior foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I'm guessing the new version of this is called the Flawless Perfection.

I have dry skin if that makes a difference, I'm seeing that most people who didn't like it or complain that it oxidizes have oily skin. A lot of make up oxidizes on oily skin. I'm just sayin'.

I used this over my Diorskin Nude liquid foundation. This powder was just ok. It wasn't horrible, but it isn't the best for me. I have come to realize that I need to stick with mineral make up. But that is just because of my skin type.

The color I chose was perfect for my complexion (in Dior it is 20). But it was just a little bit cakey like others have mentioned. I tried applying it with every kind of brush or sponge that I could find, and it still looked like a little too much make up for me. I don't like to look made up. Even my husband commented on it and he never notices stuff like that.

In the end I returned it to Sephora. For the price I couldn't justify keeping it since I wasn't in love with it or anything.

on 11/6/2012 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I bought this after having a losing battle with drugstore powder foundations-- they almost all break me out (or just suck). The Nordstrom Dior makeup counter recommended it to me and I bought it without checking MUA first... big mistake. I saw the good reviews for the old version on here after purchasing and was excited about using it; however, no matter how I applied the product to my face (sponge, brush, with different moisturizers and sunscreens) it ended up looking disgusting after only a few hours. Any amount of dryness in my combination/oily skin was magnified and the only way to fix it was to take off all my makeup and start over. Definite ick and this will be returned ASAP.

PROS:
Color match was great for my very fair, neutral skin tone; didn't break me out

CONS:
Made dry patches very noticeable; gathered in pores; looked like a clay mask on top of my skin.

Do not buy this...seriously.

on 5/2/2012 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yet another "no" to repurchasing from me. I an drawn towards Dior make up in general, but I can't get any of the foundations to work for me for one reason: they oxidise like nobody's business! The only one that doesn't, is the loose Nude Glow, which is divine. The Diorskin Forever powder foundation was unfortunately no exception, and although the result looks good for 15 minutes or so, after some time it turns into an hideous, orange shade. Also, I find the colours quite yellow, even 020, which is normally my perfect shade, is quite yellow in this powder. Otherwise, it's your typical run-of-the-mill powder foundation; quite light, buildable coverage, skinlike finish and it is also quite longlasting on my dry skin. If it just hadn't oxidised, I would probably repurchase. Now, I'll have to continue my search, and I suspect that either Kanebo or La Prairie will be the next one to try.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Perfect. I recommend this for very sensitive, acne-prone skin. I break out with 95% of foundations out there, even oil-free. With talc and bismuth oxychloride in the ingredients, I was nervous. They must be small concentrations, as my skin has no issues at all since using this. It has spf 25, is water-resistant, extremely long-wearing, nice coverage, transfer resistant, makes pores look invisible and is very natural looking. I usually don't get compliments on my skin, but have been receiving lots lately (really?). I'm very combination and this is perfect- doesn't accentuate dry spots and controls oil. For pale girls, the ivory is a great, neutral shade. No oxidization at all on me, and I'm vampire-pale. It works even better with Hourglass primer. I really like this and will continue to buy!

on 2/24/2012 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite powder foundation by far. It's blendable, velvety, feels luxurious, and provides a finish that is lovely without being cakey or that annoying "powdery" look. It's comfortable and light to wear.
The packaging is pretty, but I really preferred the old packaging which was rather more efficient. Oh, well. I've repeat-purchased this four times already and plan to keep doing so.
Only downside are the limited shades.