Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Fusion Compact

3.5

octinoxate (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate) 5.99%. titanium dioxide .54%. boron nitride. mica. synthetic fluorphlogophite.silica.talc.cellulose.dimethiccone. trimethyl pentaphenyl. trisiloxane.hydrogenated polysobutene.neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate. phenoxythanol. acrylates/stearyl acrylate/dimethicone methacrylate copolymer. declyoxazolidinone. disostearyl malate.isopropyl titanium trisostearate.sodium dehydroacetate. caprylyl glycol. aluminum hydroxide. sodium lauroyl aspartate. aqua.zinc chloride.butylene glycol.bht. algin.acacia senegal gum. malva sylvestris (mallow) extract. carbomer. serine.sodium stearate.ateocollagen.zinc gluconate. sodium hyaluronate. sodium chloride

on 5/5/2016 9:48:00 AM

Silky smooth powder. Great for touchups or instead of liqud foundtion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
- One of the silkiest prestige foundation powder in the market.
- Fragrance free! Good for sensitive skin too. (A rather surprised trait for Dior product)
- Buildable light to medium coverage.
- Conceal redness/acne scar/discoloration easily!
- Luxurious compact design, almost like a chic jewelry case.
- The powder is semi-matte finish but quickly glow and turn dewy on your skin.
- Work nicely over your liquid foundation for a soft medium to full coverage.
- Great for touch up during middle of the day! (with a brush)

Cons:
- 60$CND Expensive! (I don't often say this but this product worth the splurge!)
- Although this powder isn't cakey at all, the con side is on oily skin... it doesn't last long at all... I noticed my T-zone area get oily fast during the day. Even after a good smashbox primer.
- SPF25 is handy, but the ingredient "Octinoxate 5.99%" doesn't block all the sun damage.

The shade wise, I'm using 010 Ivory. Well, that's the lightest shade available. I wear this under my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr foundation (buff-210N). It matched my Asian fairskin tone. I find Dior powder tend to have somewhat yellow undertone, but with a careful mix of liquid foundation, it work perfect for peachy skin tone as well. (like mine)

I use powder brush for application. It's easier then the sponge it come with the compact. Be careful with under eye area, even though this has ultra silky texture, it would still emphasis under eye dry-lines (I noticed that when I try to smile or laugh).

I would definitely recommend if you have normal to dry skin. Oily skin might need to reconsider, or if you don't mind retouch up a few times during the day. (Use a less oily base moisturizer underneath, or only use it during cold season.) One small complain is that the compact is quite huge... take up spaces in your bag. (Although the beautiful case make this product even more alluring!) Once open, this product has 12 months shelf life. (I'd would suggest you use it up within 6-8 months though)

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my go to powder I have been using it for a couple of years now. I use it on top of the Diorskin forever liquid foundation and it's the best I have ever used. I'm very pale and the 010 is perfect for my pale (with slight yellow under tones) skin although I think it would be just as lovely on someone with pink undertones. I wouldn't use it alone as it doesn't have as much coverage as I like although the texture and colour is lovely It's great for touch ups on the go. It is very long lasting and is a staple in my make up bag. I read in another review that you can use it with a damp beauty blender and then it gives more of a foundation coverage. I must try this. Also the compact itself is beautiful and refillable.

on 12/16/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I don't really like liquid foundations and usually use middle/full coverage powders.
Diorskin forever is my favorite powder considering texture and coverage. Powder has creamy texture, gives full or medium coverage but it doesn't look cakey.
The only negative thing - too pichy shades. I am MAC NC30 with true yellow undertone.
#30 in Diorskin Forever looked more or less OK in winter but too light and pink in summer, #40 looked too orange and #21 too light.

So, that's not a best choice for me now. If I had neutral undertone, I would definitely bought that product again. Currently, I can only recommend it to my friends.

on 9/2/2015 1:28:00 PM

I was given this as a gift. The shade I received is #20 and Sephora describes it as a Light Beige with neutral undertones. The colour just works for my NC20 skin tone but if I were to repurchase, I would buy #21 which is more yellow toned. Typically I wouldn't go near a powder foundation. Lack of coverage? Catches on to dry skin?

I hated this powder intially. I had been using the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff this all over my face. What a mistake. I was caking up my face and not getting coverage at all. And then for a period of time I used it to lightly set my foundation for the sake of using it.

Today I wasn't close to a brush so I decided to use my damp beauty blender - OH MY GOODNESS. Full coverage in 4 swipes, I'm not even kidding. It lasted all day and looked better than a lot of my liquid foundations. I didn't even find the need to set my foundation. When this powder is used wet, the pigment is very intense! I love it!

Nowadays, for a full coverage look, I apply a tiny bit of concealer and BB cream and then go in with this foundation using a dampened beauty blender (any equivalent will work fine I'm sure).

5/5 definitely. I would have given it a 1 intially but I am glad the product's true potential has been revealed!

This is the one of the most horrible powder foundations I ever tried. I live in Hong Kong. The weather here is warm and humid. Every time I used this powder and wore sunglasses after taking them away I saw horrible powder strokes. (It's good if I saw mirror before people saw me, otherwise the most carrying person would point me out that I have makeup malfunction). Even if I put sunglasses for only 5-10 minutes this foundation was moving. It never happen to me with any other product I used.

on 7/2/2015 1:13:00 PM

$52 USD. I wear MAC NC20/C2 and purchased this in Linen #21. I think this is closer to MAC C3 than C2, as it's just a tiny bit darker than I'd like. It has true yellow-undertone and the difference isn't too noticeable. The coverage is light to medium, if you use a brush and use a light hand. If you use a sponge, the coverage is medium to heavy. Texture is very velvety matte, closer to the Asian dual-finish powders. If you're used to HD powders, this will appear coarse to you, but it's actually very finely milled, as compared to MAC Studio powder. If you have used the DiorSnow powder foundation, this one is not as drying and seems heavier (maybe more oil?). You won't regret buying this - if you can find a good color match. If you're pale Asian with yellow-undertones, #21 is the lightest you can get - the #10 (Ivory) and #20 (Light Beige) are way too pink.

At the moment, I haven't committed to a particular foundation or powder and have about ten different products in circulation. Over the years, though, I've come back again and again to Dior (if I can find the right color match), because of the coverage and texture of their powder foundations. My main gripe with Dior is that their color selection isn't consistent and the tones will change often - even within the same product line!. The #10 (Ivory) Forever powder foundation years ago had slight yellow undertones but recently added more pink tone. The #21 was a much darker color in years past but now suddenly, it's much lighter. For this reason, I always have to shop around after having fallen in love with a Dior foundation - only to discover the new batch has a totally different tone. So annoying and why I can't give 5 lippies to a Dior foundation.

on 4/26/2015 7:28:00 PM

Nice everyday powder to even out skin tone. Matches my skin well and doesn't look like I'm wearing much Makeup. I prefer to use this on top of my liquid foundation rather than on its own. Nice and silky finish.

on 1/15/2014 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's difficult for me to find lighter shades of powder in yellow-based, yet natural looking shades (with the exception of MAC, which has some good options). When I saw this for the first time, I immediately purchased it without even trying it on my skin or anything. Luckily, it was perfect! I use this in the shade #21 Linen (a light beige, with yellow undertones) and for reference I have warm, yellow undertones and wear an NC20 in MAC (or in other brands: Tarte Amazonian Clay In Light-Medium Sand, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, Revlon ColorStay in #180 Sand Beige, Missha Perfect Cover in #2, NARS The Radiant Cream foundation in Fiji). The powder has an SPF25/PA++ with titanium dioxide 0.54%, and octinoxate 5.99% - but I wouldn't recommend relying on this as your sole SPF product (otherwise you'd have to cake this on thick and all over your face - not good).

The compact is nice, easy to travel with and has a mirror and sponge included (which I don't use and recommend tossing or only using for touch-ups) and magnetic closure. It feels like silk on skin, very fine and soft. The coverage is light to medium and I usually use this after dabbing some concealer under my eyes when I don't want to wear liquid foundations or BB creams. I use a large, fluffy powder brush - but of course you can use a sponge or buffing brush for more coverage. The finish is natural, matte but not dry or dull-looking. I love that it doesn't dry out my skin or look cakey either. Because it is so smooth and velvety, I'm able to use this even under my eyes to blur under eye circles, or to set concealers and any cover up any redness around my nose. It keeps my skin matte and flawless for around 5 hours before I have to touch up/blot my t-zone due to some oiliness. On my cheeks and drier areas the powder lasts through an entire work day for me and adheres well to skin with or without primer - although I prefer not to use primers and just an SPF cream or antioxidant serum works best for me.

Cons: No refills available in US, Cda (packaging states refills are available everywhere except the Americas). Why is that?! I wish refills were available, because I hate tossing the compact each time when buying a new one. Also, the price is up there for the amount ($49 for 10g/0.35oz) but it's Dior so not a surprise.

Repurchase/Recommend? Yes, although the shades are somewhat limited (I think only 10 shades when I bought this) if you can find a match, it's a great powder. I will/do repurchase but may end up switching to Shiseido (*if* it works just as well on my skin) at some point due to the refill issue.

on 1/5/2014 2:58:00 PM

I have skin that can be difficult, overly oily in certain areas and dry in others. It didnt get that way until I was over 30. This powder did not sit well, I felt it looked cakey if you tried to build it. I used with and without a primer and I'd get the same result. I ended up trying and returning a few others. If you have rather difficult skin like me I'd suggest the MUFE Pro Finish pressed powder- they have a ton of colors and it wears perfectly!