Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser

Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser
Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser

4.2

Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glyceryl Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Glycolic Acid, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Sea Kelp) Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Floral Fragrance.

on 10/25/2016 2:25:00 PM

This stuff is shocking. I've been dropping mad $$$ on Glycolic products for years at sephora and bought this out of frustration one day at my local zehrs.

** I'm reviewing the recent formula, which has a higher concentration of Glycolic acid. It's #5 on the ingredient list, with vitamin a (retinol) at #6**

It has transformed my skin. I've literally spent hundreds on other Glycolic products that contain alcohol, silicone and other stuff that breaks me out, and counteracts the benefits of Glycolic acid. Before this, I was using the Anthony Glycolic wipes, but they're so pricey at $25 a pack for 30 wipes... I used one in the morning and one at night, so it didn't pay off at all.

I have combo skin with congested pores and whiteheads. After using this product for two weeks, the whiteheads are few and far between, and the congestion has really diminished. My skin is so much smoother and has a more even tone and texture. I actually look forward to waking up and looking at my skin in the mirror. Wears well under makeup.

For me, it feels great putting it on- no burning (but I've been using Glycolic acid and retinol products for a while) and leaves my skin feeling clean, hydrated and not tight.

I don't love how the product dispenses (squirt bottle style) but it pour it into a spray bottle and it works fine. Just make sure you use an opaque spray bottle so that light doesn't degrade the ingredients.

Price really can't be beat and the ingredients seem healthy. I'd caution first time users to use this maybe once every day or two until your skin gets used to it.

on 5/26/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used Cetaphil for years until I tried this. This is an amazing cleanser. Deep cleans without stripping the skin. The glycolic acid definitely leaves your face feeling smooth. I haven't used anything else since.

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/27/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Average cleanser that I bought to clear up my (back then) very bad and congested skin. For the record, mine has a tendency to produce whiteheads, comedones, and is very oily. It took prescription-grade ingredients to make my skin look like normal again.

It has a nice smell and a pump, which is nice. But my skin was neither improved or worsened by daily usage of this cleanser. It had a liquid, water-like consistency and did not foam.

I see others liking and appreciating this cleanser, and again I am reminded that skincare is a YMMV sort of thing. For all the claims of glycolic acid included in the ingredient list, it produced no discernible effects and I ended up replacing it with something else.

Price-wise, it was okay - maybe $1 or $2 higher than your average drugstore cleansers. But overall, I would say meh to this.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love anything with vitamin A & glycolic acid as they seem to be the best for my skin type. I have moderately reactive skin which means sometimes I will get some type of breakout or rash immediately after trying a new product. I didn't with this cleanser. I also have oily skin. This cleanser is hands down my favorite for AM cleaning after a sweaty workout. It cleans my face without over stripping and without causing irritation. It washes away all that sweat and oil in just seconds. The bottle states sulfate free and there is a very low lather to it. It has more of a slippery feel to it. After using this cleanser for two weeks, I've noticed the few red pigmentation spots on my face are significantly fading. This cleanser has also eliminated all clogged pores. My skin is for the first time in a very long time, smooth as glass. I only use this once a day (AM) and just use my fingers. I don't find this to be a great makeup remover though so I use something different at night.

on 9/24/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

My hopes for Derma E Anti-Wrinkle Vitamin A Glycolic Cleanser were high, because the ingredient list looked decent. I have very oily skin for reference. This cleanser managed to strip it so badly that my moisture barrier was damaged. The aftermath was a face full of red, raw skin. I'm surprised it was able to do so considering it does not lather well, and the consistency is of a watery gel.

I'm throwing this one into my bin of "do-not-love" products.

I'd only recommend this if you have iron tough skin and an endless supply of grease. If it was able to dry out my pizza face within days - I can't imagine what it'd do to someone with dry skin. Eek. .

on 4/24/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Definitely helps with exfoliating away dark marks. I have developed cystic acne over the past two years - I had totally clear skin up until that point - and this has helped somewhat to keep the breakouts away. I think they reformulated though (I remember it having a blue bottle and being a thicker consistency a couple years ago) and it isn't quite as effective. I used to experience a little bit of irritation from it and now it seems milder, but also doesn't work as well. I still use it because it's better than anything else I've tried, and I like that this brand is for the most part all natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I purchased this product after reading about the benefits of glycolic acid to reduce and fade hyperpigmentation from acne scarring. I decided to go with this product as it seems to have fewer toxic ingredients. The first time I used the product I experienced some irritation. To the touch my faced looked like I had a heat rash but it was not visibly noticeable. Along with the change in skin texture I experienced a mild burning sensation. As a result, I discontinued using the product. I continued to use my other Derma-e cleanser and I noticed that two days later my skin look so much brighter and even. I thought, maybe it wasn't a reaction but rather the exfoliating effects of the glycolic acid. Needless to say, I slowly reintroduced the product to my skin care routine by using it once a week then twice a week, etc. I have experienced amazing results from using this product to include brighter, more even skin tone, reduced pores, and fewer acne breakouts. When I do have a pimple, this seems to stop it in it's tracks. I will continue to purchase this product when I finish the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product since I have aging, acne prone/oily skin. This, like the acne cleanser in this line, did not work for me. It made me red and itchy. I don't know what it is about this line, but it just didn't work for me.

I would not recommend if you have sensitive skin.

Try Nelson's pure and clear cleanser, it works great and doesn't cause irritation.

I used to really like this foaming cleanser but I've had to ditch it as my skin has become very sensitive to - amongst other things - most retinol and glycolic products and this has both. It's a shame as I really like it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Was buying expensive glycolic cleansers to deal with KP, but found this on amazon and the price was reasonable so decided to try it out. Very pleased with the product-- works as well, if not better, than pricier alternatives. I'm using it for both for face and body-- half a pump's worth for face, and 1-2 pumps for body loofah. Leaves skin very soft, especially when combined with a rich moisturizer. I'll definitely be sticking with this stuff for awhile!