Guerlain meteorites pearly white light perfecting base

Guerlain meteorites pearly white light perfecting base

3.5

on 10/26/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this off ebay for about 40$ first of all. I bought my first meteorites at the same time. Yes it does a good job at making me look luminous...until I put foundation over it. So I usually mix this into a foundation like my chanel perfection lumiere to make it more luminous since I set it with powder. But honeslty I like my laura mercier radiance primer better for this. This has actual glitter in it not just pearl. The packaging is gorgeous and the little pearls look cool but its NOT worth the 65$..i dont even feel its worth the 40 I paid.It has the same meteorites smell so if that bothers u, just know its there. Its really slippery and dries fast leaving kind of a film barrier.

on 9/8/2014 5:19:00 AM

I shouldn't be opting to repurchase this as its so expensive but I do quite like it and using a light to medium coverage foundation at the most, you do benefit from the healthy sheen/ glow this primer imparts underneath. I only use this on my cheeks and forehead and find the smallest amount goes a long way.

Make-up glides over this primer effortlessly as it has a very light consistency and a fast absorbing formula. Iv'e had mine for eons and it seems to be lasting well. On good well behaved skin I think you could easily use this on its own to get a pretty glow, as its definately not sparkly when dry.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/9/2013 7:25:00 AM

I got it two months ago and although I am using it on daily basis it is only just starting to show usage in the bottle. Packaging is beautiful (very Guerlain) but I am not too happy with it. It does give the pearly shine to your skin but apart from that it does not do much - at least not for me. I think it makes my skin more oily although it is not suppose to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After trying and loving the meteorites perles, I was intrigued by Guerlain's line of meteorites primers. After asking around a bit, I had a few people recommend getting the pearly white version, which is an Asia exclusive as it has more shimmer than the original and gold D'or versions.

I am surprised at how much I love it. It comes in a gorgeous glass bottle with a clear liquid and white pearls. When you pump the product, the pearls get crushed and mix in with the clear liquid. It creates a beautiful shimmery sheen.

I personally wear pretty sheer-light foundations (MUFE F&B, Burberry sheer foundation) and I find I use 50% less foundation with this primer, as the primer itself acts almost as a sheer foundation/TM does, improving the clarity of my skin. By itself, my skin looks glowy (but not overly shimmery, the effect is subtle). If I'm in a hurry, I'll just wear the primer by itself, and my skin still looks radiant and clear. With a light foundation on top, the glowy effect definitely still shows through, although I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who wears full coverage foundations as you will cover up the luminosity the primer gives.

Since getting the pearly white version, I have tested out the original and prefer the pearly white slightly, it just gives more of a glow to my skin. Although it is an Asia exclusive, it's available through strawberrynet for around $65 shipped.

The primer also does help my makeup to last all day, and does seem to do a pretty good job of looking in my moisturizer.

Will definitely repurchase this, although I'm not fond of the price tag, one pump is enough for my face, and I believe the bottle should last around 6 months.