Philosophy Lip Shine - Marshmallows For Toasting

1 review

on 11/18/2011 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the Much Mistletoeing Lip Shine Set. The set comes with 4 full size (.5 oz) Lip Shines, including Tinsel Town, Marshmallows For Toasting, Peppermint Bark, and Cinnamon Buns. It retails for $20, and is available at Sephora stores and Sephora.com. Whether it's sold on the Philosophy website, ULTA, Macy's, or anywhere else, I'm not sure.

Cinnamon Buns is easily my favorite in the set, and Marshmallows For Toasting is a close runner-up, coming in second place. It's a very sheer light baby pink with just enough sparkle, making it stand out more on the lips and not just turn into a clear gloss. If I'm wearing a darker lip color, I dab this in the center of the lip, and it surprisingly tones the color down just the slightest bit. I like that these glosses aren't too sticky, but just enough so that they'll last longer. These aren't the longest lasting glosses in the world, though (if you eat or drink, reapplication is necessary, without question). But these do last significantly longer than most glosses I've tried, about 3 hours. Due to the stickiness, these definitely aren't lightweight feeling on the lips. They feel a bit thick and heavy, but its nothing I can't live with. Oh, and these are terrible, just....terrible, with the combination of blowing wind, and hair. Just saying. :)

I was just slightly disappointed in the scent. It's described as 'marshmallow fluff.' Yup, didn't pick up on that at all. It still smells and tastes divine, nonetheless, but the smell I got was unmistakably dead-on chocolate chip waffles smothered with maple syrup. Haha that's far from being anything marshmallow. One lippy knocked off for being a misnomer, and also for my hair sticking to my lips whenever I'm outside. But overall, I'm very pleased with Philosophy Lip Shines. They all smell, look, and taste fantastic (so many indulgent flavors to choose from!) and I'll definitely be getting more of these babies, especially for my family and friends for the holidays. These are on the 'win' list for me. :)
EDIT: ok, I've recently found that you HAVE to have minty fresh breath when wearing this particular gloss, because the scent, to my horror, actually does turn bacon-y when on the lips for a while. I guess the scent combines with the natural scent of your breath, and turns? I didn't notice it before. Oh, and you can smell these glosses on the lips, even after two hours of being applied. These are definitely not faint scents; they linger. Something I forgot to mention before.