NARS Artist Palette - Skin Deep

NARS Skin Deep Palette

4.4

on 10/30/2009 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is a perfect nude palette for daytime, and with black eyeliner it's good for evening looks as well. I adore AAE duo, that for sure I will repurchase. Soon. It really makes my green eys pop, and it's not too much color/glittery for my fair skintone. Blondie is good neutral brown, but it could be a little bit darker.
I started using Ninotchka, and thought that Zen is too orangey and doesn't show on my face, but then I gave it another try and it really is beautiful for neutral looks.
Bambi and Manhattan are littlle dull, but I use them with MAC Spice lipliner to make them spicier. Viva Las Vegas looks boring on a pan, but I keep going back to it. It's not too drying, and it gives a beautiful glow.
I love this palette for travelling, and as the packaking is really good quality, I can keep Skin deep on my handbag and do my make up at work if I haven't had time in the morning.

on 12/18/2008 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This palette is full of neutral shades that are good for both daytime and evening looks. I love the eyeshadows they are such good quality. The colours aren't intense but they can be made more dramatic. The blush colours are a bit too dark for my fair skintone but work as a contour or matt bronzer. I like the shades of lipsticks but the problem i find with NARS lip products-they're very drying on the lips. Overall it's a good palette but i wouldn't buy it again on the basis of not all the clolours working for my skintone; i only really use the eyeshadows-plus it's expensive.

on 8/8/2006 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Well, I thought this was going to rock my world. Turns out I probably prefer more color on my face than this. While I love the AAE duo which gives a lovely natural open-eyed look to my hazel/green eyes and the blushes give a nice tannish look, I think I just prefer more saturated colors. In particular I like a pinkish or peachish flush for cheeks. The lip colors are not that appealing. Light peach color mixed with the brownish Manhattan works out pretty well but again, it's almost a pain to have to mix the colors. Either color looks bad on my NC 20 skin by itself. The best color is Viva, but Viva Las Vegas is pretty much nude on me! A disappointment because it is a double pan. I guess that I must have relatively pigmented lips already. I regret that there is no eyeliner or brow color powder in here. The brown eyeshadow is just too light to work for any other use. I was hoping to trump the Lauren Hutton compact that I got but it doesn't. The LH blush is a better color for blush and lips and all the powder shadows in the face disk provide enough flexibility to suit my need for a liquid eyeliner, and a brow color. cro

on 11/1/2007 7:44:00 AM

Beautiful colors for a no-makeup but polished look. AAE e/s duo is a winner. Makes my eyes pop. Then I use the slightly brownier color to add depth to the outer corner of my eyes. If I want a true non makeup look, I'll just add some brown mascara and I'm ready to go. For a more sophisticated look, I do need some eyeliner and black mascara.

The blushes (Zen and Ninotchka) look a little dull, as they are flesh toned and have no shimmer. I already own Ninotchka, so I know it's great for contouring, but I thought Zen would NO WAY show up on me. But... it does, And it looks pretty and polished. VERY subtle, though. Darker skin toned gals... I'm not sure these colors will suit you, though.

Lippies are all neutrals and can be combined to achieve the perfect match. I like Bambi on its own, topped with some clear gloss. I love Manhattan's color, but it doesn't quite work on its own on my lips. Viva las Vegas is quite pretty and does show up on my lips quite nicely!

on 12/4/2007 8:21:00 AM

This has all my HG products in one lovely little case. I had actually bought most of these products individually (argh) so this makes for a great travel item. A good neutral face for daytime, and then throw on some black liner and you've got your evening look.

this is a lovely natural look

the all about eve duo is like your own lids but more beautiful and luminous

blondie is excellent for light eye contouring

zen is a soft nude blush thaqt sould be applied with a light hand,

ninothcka is a great tawny contour and bronzer

vivalasvegas is a sheer shimmering reddish apricot
and the other 2 lip colors are creamy nudes in light and med color

you will love this is you arent too pale or dark

on 1/1/2006 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very nice neutral palette for enhancing features rather than looking like you have makeup on. Also, neither of the blushes are shimmery, which is a must for me and a rarity in NARS palettes. I agree with ghost below who recommends a pop of pink somewhere, either cheeks or lips. But, it's nice on its own too. Not for those who like to play with color.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am doing quite a bit of travelling this summer, and I really needed to get a palette instead of toting around my huge makeup box. So, luckily, I was able to get this palette for half price on ebay. I couldn't wait to try it when it came in the mail, and wow am I impressed! Like people before me have said, it IS the ultimate "no makeup" makeup. Nars is the love of my life, seriously. The palette gives me JUST enough color. Using the three shadows together really makes my eyes pop, which is a hard thing to do. I thought the blushes would look dirty on me (I'm a PPP right now), but they both looked lovely (and hopefully even more so with a tan!). Lipsticks are also beautiful and luxurious. Love love love.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore the AAE duo and the Zen blush, but not worn together b/c I usually like more color on my face if I am going with a neutral/brown eye. I also don't use Blondie with AAE. I enjoy the Bambi l/s very much. I like everything about this palette especially because it is so neutral and multi-faceted. Everything is interchangable, so I get alot of use out of this. I think this would do for any skins from PPP-MMM.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ultimate no make up make up. As the name implies, this palette is to enhance your natural beauty more so than to doll you up. It's great for weekends around the house, especially if you are not wearing foundation. Nice for a quick make up for running errands. The AAE duo is really a great edition to this palette, it's something everyone should have in their set and you can get it here with an extra e/s, 2 blushes and three lipsticks. I love Viva Las Vegas and that color is so hard to in stores. This is a great palette for anyone who likes a natural beauty. Good palette if you want to highlight and contour, then do your regular make up. Can give yourself great structure with Zen and Ninotchka blushes. I feel this is the most basic palette Nars has to offer and highly recommend it as a natural look or a structuring palette. Would buy again but this will last forever so I doubt I will need to. $60 in stores or online. Lots of these on ebay at the moment for $30-40.

*******used a few more times and like it better and better Manhatten is a amazing lipcolor and will pick up one for my purse. Same with Viva Las Vegas. Seriously hit ebay they are flooded ATM and are going for $31