Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation

3.7

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 1.9% water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethecone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, fragrance, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, adenosine, magnesium sulfate, peg-10 dimethicone, peg/ppg/18/18 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerine, cellulose gum, silica, limonene, benzyl salicylate linalool, synthetic fluorphlogopite, sorbitol, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, methylsilanol/silicate crosspolymer, butylphenyl methylpropional, aluminum hydroxide alumina, hexyl cinnamal {may contain} iron oxides, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid-30's, NC25-30, dry skin on U area with some dry patches and post-acne dark spots, normal/slightly oily on T area, prone to breakout.

This is maybe the closest to HG foundation for me. I've been looking far and wide for a foundation like this. A foundation that covers enough, is buildble without clogging my pores,is not drying my skin out, is dewy finish, and can last in hot & humid climate where I live.

GA DL does and is exactly those.

I have it in shade 5 which is perfect. After moisturising and applying primer, I apply this foundation to my face using stipple brush in 'stabby' motion instead of in big strokes then really push it into my skin with damp beauty blender. It melts right into my skin, blurs the imperfecions and everything disappears into the background. Very dewy almost like an oil field, but, after finishing powder, it is perfect.

On me, it lasts 6 hours without turning cakey or blotchy or patchy. It still looks like I just put it on 15 minutes ago. The longer I wear it, the LESS I look like I'm wearing any foundation. Not because it transfers everywhere, it is does not. It's just becoming my skin, in a good way. It stays put, and it stays put beautifully.

It is perfect, except the price tag. Even so, it doesnt stop me from buying it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation is a total hit and miss for me - some days I put it on and it looks amazing, some days I honestly get to the point where I want to claw at my face because no matter what I do it comes off as so cakey and literally does not blend in. When I am in a good makeup mood I can usually make this work for me really well, if I am in a rush or simply not really up to doing makeup that day this product makes me look like a 50 year old woman who uses a mop to apply her foundation.

Beware that this product does oxidise - and quiet bad as well. It changes at least a shade if not two. So when buying it give it a few minutes to settle before deciding if it's your colour.

It's very thick, it's rather unbendable and can be a massive headache to apply. It's very very full coverage, like I would say it's too full coverage. I apply 3/4 of a pump and it feels and looks like I dunked my head in a bucket of foundation and went on about my day. There is absolutely no method (that I have found) to make this product come off as sheer - I have tried the usual mix it with moisturiser trick but it just does not work with this foundation. The colour changes completely - for me it goes from yellow medium shade to a pink shade 2 tones lighter than the original product with moisturiser added. I use a Clinique oil free moisturiser so it's pretty much ideal for mixing in with foundations, why this one reacts so strangely I have no idea.

On the good days this product does look very nice, but it is still too cakey and heavy for my liking. I have got a few "oh my god your skin looks amazing!" compliments while wearing this, and I have also got a few "what the heck did you put on your skin today" comments.

Overall I will not repurchase, I am wanting to use this bottle up and go back to my favourite Nars as soon as possible. It's a very disappointing product and completely not worth the time and energy I need to spend to make this look okay.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I was horrified at this product. I waited to purchase this because of the price but I kept hearing all of these youtubers rave about this. My face was an oil slick 10 min after applying this. I don't even have severely oily skin. Back to Sephora it went. Don't waste your money.

This is a type of foundation if you have a flawless skin texture with minimal acne scars & dark spots. It provides very light, sheer coverage. I have very fair skin -- I chose #1 shade and It is perfect. This foundation has pretty heavy yellow undertones and it actually really helps kill the redness around my nose area.

Best way to apply - with the foundation brush.

I cannot believe how many people (including many strangers) commented on how beautiful my skin looks and asked what product I was using.

This product contains some silicone which may break you out if you have sensitive skin. Provides minimal coverage, overall provides a healthy, dewy glow.

The coverage stays put after hours of application which is great as well.

I would purchase this product again, but if you have trouble, acne-prone skin with lots of blemishes/dark spots on the face, you need another product that provides better coverage since using a lot of concealers really kill the effect of the subtle, dewy glow that this product gives you.

This is light coverage, buidable to medium. I am Bobbi brown skin foundation 2.5, and shade 4 is tad bit yellowy. I mixed it with sheer glow 2 , lighten the shade a bit and make this foundation less " flat looking".

Like all the Armani foundations I previously used, this won't stay for long in oily area. I put on Armani prima day long skin perfectly trouble zone on the oily area ( in my case, the cheek) before this foundation , and the foundation does stay longer.

I am still thinking whether to buy this. NARS luminous long stay is less troublesome and cheaper ( just one product for the whole face), but maybe too dry for the dry area ( eyes, smile lines). This won't cause any dryness in the dry area, but won't stay in the oily area thus requiring some kind of prima. And much more expensive ( 3 products all together).

This contains octinoxate, which clashes with avobezone sunscreen ( the majority of sunscreens sold in the States). Use physical sunscreen ( zinc oxide, titanium dioxide) when using this foundation.

Funny how one person can say "not much coverage" and another, like myself, will say it's too heavy. This foundation seems to work better on younger skin, from what I'm seeing on the reviews. I received a sample at Nordstroms. The color match, when I got outside, was not the best. It's really ridiculous to try to match in the store...no matter what you put on in those lights, you look great...until you go outside :0 For me, this foundation is too heavy looking/feeling. I don't know about wear-time as I put it on and took off an hour later. No "lift" action for me, though I didn't expect any either. My skins looked flat and wasn't flattering. Like I said, maybe it's better on younger skin, but my skin is in decent shape. The price of this foundation just makes it a total bust.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has got to be THE BEST!! The finish is so amazing that it barely shows that I have foundation on. I naturally have dry skin and some redness but this covers it all. Absolutely GORGEOUS.

I was lucky enough to get a huge sample of this foundation from my local Nordstrom. After a very large purchase of cosmetics, I asked for a sample of this and to my surprise the SA just gave me a new counter sample bottle of this. She said it was soon going to be discontinued with the Crema Nuda being kind of its replacement, but I don't see anything about this being discontinued or just yet at least.

I got it in shade 2 which is the lightest and it runs very yellow, which this whole line does btw. I am a MAC NW 13 - NC 15, very fair and neutral. This looks okay going on but it does oxidize to a way darker color that is then too dark and way too yellow for my skin tone.

The coverage is medium at best even though I was told it was full. I was also told this was the GA foundation with the most coverage so that was disappointing. GA seems to cater to those who don't want to wear a lot of make up or don't have much to cover.

It does looks nice applied for about 4 hours but then I get shiny and my face feels oily. Looking oily, okay fine... but feeling oily, no way! I have true combo skin, but this left me looking shiny all over. This product also settles into fine lines, doesn't do any large pores any favors and accentuated some dry spots I had near my lips.

It's supposed to be a "face lift in a foundation" but I did not see any lifting/tightening or likewise.

I do like the luminous finish of this foundation as it has blue pearl pigment in it, but that's about it.

If you have dry (but no dry patches) and nearly perfect yellowish skin, this might for you.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I couldn't be more disappointed with this foundation. Although the colour matches my skin beautifully, by around midday my face is very shiny looking and after using this for around a month my skin is badly broken out. Will be switching to a mineral foundation and wont be using this again. Just an expensive mistake.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

one of my HG FOUNDATIONS!!!!!!!

I brought the foundation in the shade 8 - which the SA said was the perfect match. seeing as my skin tone is neutral and is slighty lighter around certain areas, I really feel a shade 7 would be better. I try to buy foundations that are SLIGHTLY lighter than my skintone so if they oxidise - I don't look terrible.

Let me just say, I LOVE HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS FOUNDATION IS. it is a light/medium coverage and it just blends like a dream. My face did get oily throughout the day - I touched up maybe 1/2 times and it did not look cakey at all - just beautifully natural.

I came home and had a nap with it on (bad I know) but when I woke up, my foundation looked still as flawless. I was on FaceTime to one of my friends and they thought that I had just freshly applied it on!

This foundation is targeted for more mature skin types, but its so perfect for my skin. I prefer a light/medium coverage with a matte finish - or even natural.

This foundation after 12 hours of wear still looked flawless- a slight glow on my cheeks and forehead and tip of my nose, but it was a beauty glow not an oily slick glow.

unfortunately, the bottle broke in my bag and basically RIP Foundation. Will definitely repurchase again though currently trying out new foundations before I go back to my HG.