MAC Coffee Eyepencil

Coffee Eyepencil

4.2

on 2/10/2017 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a convert. I never wanted to pay this kind of money for a needs to be sharpened eye pencil, but it just applies so softly without tugging and grabbing. And the deep brown shade is fantastic for me. It isn't too warm, red, cool or muddied. I actually have 3n hair, lashes & brows...they all look almost black. However, I am not a fan of black liners because they always seem to give off a blue gray cast which I don't like on my nw20 deep winter complexion. This said, a good deep brown is hard to find. I like this and PF Eye Booster in Deep Brown. While the PF is great and what I would wear for longevity, the soft focus lens look that Coffee gives to my brown eyes is amazing. It brings my eyes to life the way Stila Lionfish does (I wear this in the summer with minimal to no shadow). My eyes feel brighter, younger. So are there probably cheaper options out there...I am sure. Do I have the patience to buy and try a bunch of drugstore eyeliners till I get the right brown and the right texture? No. Coffee works perfectly, I will just stick with this. The only reason I did not give it a full five lippies is because I feel like it fades by the end of the day.

This is the one product in my makeup bag that has been there since the beginning of time. I've tried other eye pencils, but I always reach for Coffee. I have about 5 or 6 stubs of these lying around at all times. This is not the right pencil to use to make a sharp line. This is to be used to smudge (with a brush) very close to the lash line a create a smokey effect. Top it with shadows for a blown out look, or leave it solo for a quick way to softly define the eyes. I also use it to tightline/waterline. I use this pencil every single day no matter what. I have smallish, light eyes that disappear into my skin tone if I do not define them in some way. My skin tone is light-medium olive, but to most people I look fair/light until I stand next to someone who is legit fair. Highly recommend! But remember to smudge it!

Love this eye pencil so much!it compliments my eyes,stays put for a long time and never looks harsh even in daylight,like black eye pencils sometimes do.highly recommend!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

WOW this pencil makes my blue eyes pop! It is a gorgeous shade and has the perfect consistency, ie it doesn't drag the skin on your eyelid when you're applying it, easily smudged yet miraculously stays on my eyes all day without needing a touch up! It was introduced to me by a MAC MUA who applied it for me and I fell in love instantly. My new favourite eyeliner!

I have switched from using black to brown eyeliner for under my eyes during the day as its not so harsh and i love the results from this pencil, the colour is definitely softer than a black shade but still gives you a dark brown colour to define your eyes and it looks that you are still wearing an eyeliner! Great colour for green eyes as well!

This lasts all day and can either be smudged or left defined. Great price as well as the pencil is more sturdy then drugstore eyeliners.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have puny asian eyes, and black can be too harsh, and browns make me look tired or bruised. This coffee makes my eyes POP OUT. I have very dark eyes for reference.

Great eyeliner, I really love it so far, it's got a lovely texture that is easy to apply. I really don't like eyeliners that drag your eye but this one doesn't. It's easy to smudge and make a bit more smokey but it also stays put (for me anyway) for about 6-7 hours I'd say, it was still there after 7 hours but it needed a slight tidy-up is what I mean.

I think this will last quite a while as it's a pretty big pencil and I prefer it to jet black for day time, although it's still quite a dark brown/borderline black looking. I think I will be re-purchasing this one.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

on 6/28/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my second favorite eyeliner pencil (behind MAC Phone Number). It is a really nice deep chocolatey brown without any shimmer. It glides so easily on the waterline/tightline, highly pigmented and no pulling whatsoever. It doesn't go on quite as easily on the upper lid but it's not difficult to use by any means. The color blends out nicely and actually lasts a very long time on my waterline - checking my eyes right now (I've been wearing it today for ~6 hours), it's still completely intact.

Love the color and consistency but do not love that this doesn't last and it even smears. I am off again to look for a pencil of this color that lasts but in order to do so, it doesn't look like I used a magic marker on my eyes.

on 1/17/2013 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used the highly raved MAC/Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner (their colour payoff is really good and lasting), Clio/Heroine liquid eyeliner but somehow at a point in time, their formula always end up making my eyes itch! It feels like powdery particles have dropped into my eye. I'm baised against pencils because it seems like their colour payoff is low and will not last me through the day.

However, upon discovering eye primer (I'm using Urban Decay), this MAC Coffee eye pencil has work wonderfully on me. With the use of UD eye primer, the colour payoff is very good (with a few swipes, it looks better than gel/liquid), does not smudge, and it lasts me all day. I would only need do minor touch up once after work and the look is as fresh as in the morning!

For my upper lashline, I draw it directly on my eyelids as close to my lash line as possible, and use a eyeliner brush to help blend/shape it a little. For my lower lashline, I prefer to use my eyeliner brush, go over the tip of the pencil to grab some colour, then apply with the brush on the lower lashline. This gives a softer, more even and natural look.

The shade of brown is flattering to my black iris and is definitely a good alternative to black which might appear too harsh.

I would highly recommend this!