MAC Coffee Eyepencil

MAC Coffee Eyepencil
Coffee Eyepencil

4.2

I can see how it may work for some people but if you have oily hooded eyelids it will smudge just everywhere. Even with an eye shadow on top it transferred on the crease each single time. Even with a primer. Otherwise very nice color, soft formula, super easy to apply. If you have dry or normal eyelids you'll probably will appreciate it more. Had to resold mine.

This is the only eyeliner I’ve been using for the past 6 or so years. I have blue eyes and dark brown hair, so tend to go for brown eye products instead of blacks for a more natural look. This eyeliner is a gorgeous brown, long lasting, doesn’t smudge and I just love it. Also one pencil lasts me over a year!

on 2/10/2017 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am a convert. I never wanted to pay this kind of money for a needs to be sharpened eye pencil, but it just applies so softly without tugging and grabbing. And the deep brown shade is fantastic for me. It isn't too warm, red, cool or muddied. I actually have 3n hair, lashes & brows...they all look almost black. However, I am not a fan of black liners because they always seem to give off a blue gray cast which I don't like on my nw20 deep winter complexion. This said, a good deep brown is hard to find. I like this and PF Eye Booster in Deep Brown. While the PF is great and what I would wear for longevity, the soft focus lens look that Coffee gives to my brown eyes is amazing. It brings my eyes to life the way Stila Lionfish does (I wear this in the summer with minimal to no shadow). My eyes feel brighter, younger. So are there probably cheaper options out there...I am sure. Do I have the patience to buy and try a bunch of drugstore eyeliners till I get the right brown and the right texture? No. Coffee works perfectly, I will just stick with this. The only reason I did not give it a full five lippies is because I feel like it fades by the end of the day.

This is the one product in my makeup bag that has been there since the beginning of time. I've tried other eye pencils, but I always reach for Coffee. I have about 5 or 6 stubs of these lying around at all times. This is not the right pencil to use to make a sharp line. This is to be used to smudge (with a brush) very close to the lash line a create a smokey effect. Top it with shadows for a blown out look, or leave it solo for a quick way to softly define the eyes. I also use it to tightline/waterline. I use this pencil every single day no matter what. I have smallish, light eyes that disappear into my skin tone if I do not define them in some way. My skin tone is light-medium olive, but to most people I look fair/light until I stand next to someone who is legit fair. Highly recommend! But remember to smudge it!

Love this eye pencil so much!it compliments my eyes,stays put for a long time and never looks harsh even in daylight,like black eye pencils sometimes do.highly recommend!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

WOW this pencil makes my blue eyes pop! It is a gorgeous shade and has the perfect consistency, ie it doesn't drag the skin on your eyelid when you're applying it, easily smudged yet miraculously stays on my eyes all day without needing a touch up! It was introduced to me by a MAC MUA who applied it for me and I fell in love instantly. My new favourite eyeliner!

I have switched from using black to brown eyeliner for under my eyes during the day as its not so harsh and i love the results from this pencil, the colour is definitely softer than a black shade but still gives you a dark brown colour to define your eyes and it looks that you are still wearing an eyeliner! Great colour for green eyes as well!

This lasts all day and can either be smudged or left defined. Great price as well as the pencil is more sturdy then drugstore eyeliners.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have puny asian eyes, and black can be too harsh, and browns make me look tired or bruised. This coffee makes my eyes POP OUT. I have very dark eyes for reference.

on 6/28/2013 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my second favorite eyeliner pencil (behind MAC Phone Number). It is a really nice deep chocolatey brown without any shimmer. It glides so easily on the waterline/tightline, highly pigmented and no pulling whatsoever. It doesn't go on quite as easily on the upper lid but it's not difficult to use by any means. The color blends out nicely and actually lasts a very long time on my waterline - checking my eyes right now (I've been wearing it today for ~6 hours), it's still completely intact.

Great eyeliner, I really love it so far, it's got a lovely texture that is easy to apply. I really don't like eyeliners that drag your eye but this one doesn't. It's easy to smudge and make a bit more smokey but it also stays put (for me anyway) for about 6-7 hours I'd say, it was still there after 7 hours but it needed a slight tidy-up is what I mean.

I think this will last quite a while as it's a pretty big pencil and I prefer it to jet black for day time, although it's still quite a dark brown/borderline black looking. I think I will be re-purchasing this one.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.