Thierry Mugler Angel Comet Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray

Thierry Mugler  Angel Comet Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray

4.1

As a long time Angel-addict, I had to try the edt at some point. I received a sample, tried it with great expectations but sadly it is not for me.
The opening is like Angel edp, only a little bit lighter and fresher. So far I liked it, but the dry down is not Angel anymore at all. The deep saturated honey, vanilla, chocolate and patchouli isn't there. And let that just be the notes I love about Angel. I reminds me a lot of Dior Midnight Poison (which is discontinued in my country). It is exactly the same scent once it has settled on me, only not as powerful as the original.
So in the end the Edt is still a pretty scent, but it is not Angel to me. It could be a first step leading to Angel eventually, for the ones that are a bit scared of Angel edp. But I myself, will never go back to a flanker of Angel, I need the good stuff!

on 8/15/2015 10:50:00 AM

Angel EDT does not smell like Angel EDP .
There is less , if any patchouli in the EDT.
The EDT smells like a different scent to me ..not a bad one but different from the Eau de Parfum .
To me ,the EDT has a high amount of white musk and some other aromachemical ...either Iso E Super by the truck load or something similar.
Angel EDT is sweet , cottony soft ,cloud like but clean . There is also a unisex qualtiy to it ...men can wear this without worry.
I love it but bear in mind if you are hoping for Angel EDP in a lesser concentration ...you will be disappointed. If you love the strong patchouli in the EDP .. you will be disappointed.
For me I adore the EDP but I love the EDT for its own merits.
The EDT definitely smells like a post IFRA post 2010 creation.
I found the EDT quite long lasting for about 4 hours before it became softer.

Smells quite different from angel,angel is really candy and sweet while this is still sweet but it has a fresh peppery quality in a good way,waaaaaay better than angel,and although its eau de toilette,it lasts long and is strong,1 spray is enough

on 9/26/2013 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

All you ladies who swear that Angel is the most disgusting and overpowering fragrance ever, I was like you once. I ranted that the perfume made me smell like body odor and gave me an instant headache. I scrubbed the sample spray off my arm, cursing at its crazy ability to last. I wondered to myself how this became a cult favorite perfume. What was I not getting? Then I tried the Angel edT---I get it now.

This is what people were raving about. Chocolate, caramel, patchouli, pine, dewberry----yes! I love the amazing creation that they form. The edT to me smells like an entirely different fragrance from the edP. The dewberry is more prominent, so it's a bit fresher and sweeter. The chocolate and patchouli are still present but the pine seems a bit toned down. On first spritz, it is very medicinal. I will agree with people about that. I can even get the Vick's Vapo-Rub effect. GIVE IT A MOMENT BEFORE WRITING IT OFF. I rub my wrists together vigorously after spraying this and suddenly I'm smelling delicious berries, chocolate and patchouli. "Angel" is the wrong name for this masterpiece. I honestly think "Womanity" would be more fitting for this fragrance. It's sensual, dark, sweet, mysterious and complex. And when you're not paying attention, it shape shifts as different notes make themselves known, changing the scent of this perfume on the wearer. Dark, sweet, complex, constantly changing---sounds like a woman to me! She has a presence in a room but doesn't have to be the center of attention. She's no shrinking violet in the corner: she's the confident beauty at a dinner party that can sit quietly but when she has something to say, people pay attention.

One to two spritzes is all I need and I'm good. I feel that this scent lasts and even as it dissipates, it changes shape and becomes a sweet skin scent. So for me it's like having 2 perfumes in one. The bottle is an interesting comet shape. Not as cool as the star, in my opinion, but I love the magnetic closure for the cap. Plus, this is refillable so you save money in the long run. I'm still not a fan of the Angel edP and that's okay. I love my edT and can even wear it in the hottest of weather. Give the toilette a try before writing off Angel altogether---you might just find a new love.

on 4/11/2013 6:11:00 AM

This is my HG perfume! I love this stuff! I keep trying to find a dupe because it is so expensive, but always come back to it. I tend to wear it more during the winter because it is so strong, and wear Velocity or Thinking of You in the summer because they are lighter and aren't as rich. But this is my true love perfume.

on 4/11/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I understand that everyone's chemistry is different so I mean no offense to any fans of this. I highly suggest that you try this fragrance on before you purchase as this did not work for me at all. To me, it smelled like cough syrup on. Even so, I decided to wear it for the day to see if something would change. Awhile later my husband asked me if I put some of "that sore muscle cream" (BenGay) on! Back to Sephora it went. :(

on 4/3/2013 6:37:00 PM

I LOVE love love this perfume! Sadly, it does not last well on me since it's an EDT. In the past I have tried to wear Angel parfum and it didn't smell good on me. There is a chocolate note that clashes on my skin & smells terrible. However, this EDT, is amazing on me. And then it fades away quickly and leaves me wishing it was an EDP strength :( Bonus points for the bottle. I like it much better than the shooting start EDP bottle that won't stand up on your dresser or table.

on 1/1/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ok, I DID give this a low rate for the bottle, because i think the Angel line has some really cheesy bottles and I'm not really into powder blue, thankyouverymuch-- BUT, I have discovered that I love this EDT version of Angel. It doesn't have that horrible foot smell or BO stench that the original has. That said, it still has a gourmand/floriental profile. I definitely get pathchouli and cedar here, but it's topped off with a soapy/flowery omg-I-need-to-sniff-more-ness. It's tough to describe. It's that je ne sais quois that makes you follow a yummy smelling lady in the store... For reference: I LOVE Euphoria, Aqua di Gio, Shi by Alfred Sung, Vera Wang, and Jil Sander #4. My HG frag is the Original Victoria, by Victoria's Secret. HTHS!

Very alluring perfume....I love it. It's the best fruity part of angel without the patchouli...amazingly it doesn't smell neutered. It smells really nice. It has a pretty scent to it. Much more modern and wearable.

on 4/18/2012 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The new Angel EDT is still very strong, only try one spritz! Angel EDT smells a bit different than the original Angel, it is definitely a bit lighter and "fresher" if you will; it ends up having more of a pine note on my skin. It's more like a men's cologne than a woman's in the topnotes. The drydown is similar, but it's again, less than the original Angel. Less unique, less gourmand, less fun. It even reminds me of a cheap dollar store candle at times. It may be good for the Angel lover who can't wear it in summer and wants to, but it's one you'll have to try out first. Like the original, it's temperamental and reacting differently on everyone's skin.

Popular Fragrances