Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick

Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick

Glyceryn triacetyl ricinoleate, Octyldodecanol, Bys-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosicalate, Barium Sulfate, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetradi-T-Butylhydroxyhydrocynnamate, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica]

on 9/28/2016 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I alternate between shade Sienna and Caramel. (I mix Sienna mix with a little Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (liquid) foundation 6.25 to get my exact shade.) I blend with a damp Beauty Blender or my fingers. Magnifique!

These Tom Ford Foundation Sticks are little heavy for daywear, or humid climates, but the texture is creamy gorgeous and the yellow undertones for women of colour are perfect. Worth every penny - I highly recommend them.

This is the one TF product that I haven't loved. On my combination skin, it was just so thick and did not look natural. I tried every single type of application with this... Straight off the stick on my skin, running my brush on the stick, a beauty blender, my fingers... Nothing worked. I wasn't a fan of the smell either- it was a bit much for me, but I could get used to it. It just didn't want to lay well on my skin, even with a primer. I wanted to love it so bad! The shade was perfect, I was matched with fawn. I will have to try another TF foundation. Thankfully, my Neiman's is awesome and they returned it no problem! Will try another TF foundation in the future.

To Read all 39 Reviews, Login or Join

This one of my very favorite stick foundations! It provides very full coverage, and stays put for at least 7-8 hours! I use the shade #05 Natural, and also own #04 Bisque for when I get darker in the Spring-Summer. (It is actually backwards, #04 is a smudge bit darker and more neutral than #05, which is more warm-olive).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great coverage and beautiful warm colour ( used shade 8) lasts all day and a little goes a long way. BUT I don't recommend for oily skin types as it is very very oily and doesn't compliment skin types that oil up even more through the day.

Would be great for dryer skin types, overall still a great foundation. Ready to try the others from Tom Ford :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for something to replace my beloved YSL touche eclat since the reformulated version is awful for dry skin. I had heard a lot of people on the boards talking about how gorgeous this is on dry skin, and boy are they right. For me the most annoying thing about having to deal with finding foundations for dry skin is most cream foundations just feel and look super heavy. This one is probably my most adored foundation ever for how lightweight it feels on, it provides medium coverage but looks like skin and leaves my skin looking dewy, not accentuating dry spots anywhere. (a problem I frequently have on my normal/dry skin)

The colors are really difficult to figure out, especially if you (like me) don't have a tom ford counter near by. There are a few good blog posts on shades with swatches, but TF seems to have renamed a lot of the shades since then so I had an extremely hard time figuring out what the palest shade was. I went with cream based on the swatches on nordstrom's site (I'm NW10). It's a pretty good match, its ever so slightly darker than my skintone, but its pretty close and thus is definitely workable.

Although super pricey, this is a super sized foundation stick at 0.50 oz vs something like BB skin foundation stick which is 0.31 oz so you do get more product for they hefty price tag. But regardless of the cost I will continue to buy this as its looks flawless on and wear time is 10+ hours on my skin.

on 3/12/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Traceless, Indeed!

I have SENSITIVE, combination skin that leans oily with surface dehydration, so I wasn't sure how this was going to work for me. I learned that it MUST be set with a sheer powder - I use pure silica (and only a light dusting is required), and then it lasts ALL DAY!

I found a perfect color match in "Caramel" (for reference, I'm a:

Black Up Full Coverage Cream - #2 & #3
Alima W5/G6 mix
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick - 410 Bisque W
Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick - Caramel

It really does look like skin, even layered for coverage. It blends like a dream. It is very creamy, but I wouldn't describe it as oily (close to it), but once it is set, it doesn't make me oilier than usual, and the creaminess is likely why it looks so natural (flat matte faces look anything but natural). Coverage is from sheer (you have to sheer it out with a Sigma Kabuki brush or Beauty Blender) to full. I'd say it applies just above medium in coverage straight from the stick, but is EASILY built to full coverage just where you need it.

It is freaky expensive, but it is also huge and the quality is exceptional. The Lancome stick gives about a quarter to a third of the amount of product of this stick at a whopping $40+... This makes me think this is a worthy once or twice a year purchase. I try not to use it daily, but find myself reaching for it far too frequently because of ease of application and because it just looks so good on! I am also a stick mixer. For a full face, I wear this with the Lancome stick and the Black Up Contour/Highlight Stick. It plays well with all other products I've tried it with including Nars Multiples, etc.

It is creamier and easier to blend than the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick and much oiler than the Lancome Stick (which is very dry but still creamy in application).

Out of every high end stick available (I either own or have tried them all), I'd say it's closest to Bobbi's, but it wears differently and is easier to blend, is much larger and has fewer color options (even though they both lean yellow unless otherwise specified).

I Love this stick, but I can honestly see it not being for everyone (oily, acne prone, etc. - Even though I'm both, lol). If you're not into cream makeup, you likely won't love this. It will be too rich and emollient for you. But, if you are, it will be your HG, if for nothing else, photos or a night out on the town. ❤❤❤

on 2/13/2016 4:34:00 AM

So I found the best dewy foundation I have ever tried.

I've tried all chanel foundations, ellis faas, Charlotte tilbury and others.

This one is so so dewy and beautiful. The great thing about it is you can sheer it out and then just add more coverage where you need it so the finish can be really natural but with the coverage you want.

I have dry skin so this is just amazing for me. I would beware though if you are even slightly oily this is going to slide all over. I have dry skin and even though I am not oily I still powdered the T zone because it really is very very dewy.

It doesn't have an SPF so I would suggest using this for nighttime and special occasions. Im considering the liquid form for daytime because it's more moisturising and has an SPF.

Just FYI - when I tried this at Tom Ford she put the stick on half my face and the Traceless liquid on the other half. The finish was slightly more dewy with the liquid but it was very very similar on both sides. I am Porcelain at Bobbi Brown/NC15 MAC and my shades were Alibaster in the liquid and Cream in the stick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Every other product I gave 5 rating as a base does not compare to this at all...this foundation makes them all look like 3-4 rating..this is THAT good..

I have dry skin now because of the cold weather coming in Chicago, I am typically normal. I need medium coverage as I have some moderate hyper-pigmentation issues (purple,dark red post pimple marks) on my cheeks and jaw line, as well as moderate box car and ice pick scarring on my cheeks. I personally don't like flat matte finishes so I needed something with a skin like finish and this delivers that and more. For reference I wear shade 05.

First I use the hourglass veil primer and apply the stick around the skin, I then buff it in with my Sigma round top buffer. I end up with a beautiful smooth finish that looks like my skin but better. I have never gotten compliments on my skin or my make-up before and when i wore this stick everyone was telling me how great my skin and MU looked, "porcelain" was the word my mom used and when I heard that from the woman that bought me everything from Dial soap to crazy foreign masks to cure my skin and its issues I instantly knew this was a winner. My skin does in fact look porcelain, smooth..the skin I wish I had. This blows any other base out of the water and I have tried many and reviewed some of my favorites, and if any of my past reviews says that this product beats this out for a long shot.

The lasting power is not bad for being a stick foundation, with a light dust of powder on my t-zone I get great wear from this during the day..around 7 hours. If i set it all over with a powder it lasts all day, I use MAC MSFN in Medium Dark.

On to the price..I know $80 is spendy, but I don't mind spending the money for a product especially when it is something I know works for me. The stick has lasted me quite awhile with daily use (5-6 days a week), and the packing is beautiful. Another plus, I travel often for work and this makes it so easy to pack!

on 9/3/2015 8:05:00 AM

Five lippies is a lot, I know, especially given the cost of this foundation. But it's HG, for my somewhat dry, sensitive fifty-something skin. I actually waited until I did repurchase to write a review, as first impressions can be undone after several weeks. Not this time; I love this as much in month ten as I did in month one. Coverage is remarkable for a foundation that sheers out as beautifully as this does, it lasts a good 8 hours without degradation, and it provides a luminosity that my skin lacks. I apply with 5 swipes and buff with a Trish McEvoy buffing brush; the BB doesn't work nearly as well. I add just a bit more around my nose and chin (redness, be gone!) and done. On quite humid days, a light dusting of powder goes down my nose and across my chin, to really lock it down. I'm left with the illusion of the skin I had in my 30's - and that makes a happy day! For reference, I'm NC 20-25, with just the slightest bit of yellow undertone. In winter, Fawn (03) is best; in summer, Ivory (4.5) is exactly right. One last thought. In my thirties, I didn't need this foundation, and probably would have thought it too expensive for what it does. In my fifties, my needs are a bit different ... and, well, the benefits now far outweigh the cost.

on 5/26/2015 9:45:00 PM

I can't believe that I spent $80.00 on a foundation. That is just silly.

Ignoring that reality, this is a great product in the winter and fall. You can build it, work it as a concealor and hide irritating blemishes.

I'm finding that for the summer, the colour is a little chalky and heavy.

Do keep in mind that when buying this product, you need a foundation brush. If you go to the Tom Ford counter, beware of being seduced into buying their very expensive brush.

I held out and insisted that I would go brush free.

You need it. The product doesn't blend without it. I wasted time being willfull.

I ended up with a great brush from Sephora that has maintained its shape for the past year. Easy to clean.

I won't be buying the product again. Just too expensive.

PROS: You can build the product. Versitle. Scent free. Great for dry skin. Blends really well.
CONS: The price-point, the additional investment of the brush. Not great for summer. Too heavy.

Price: $80.00