Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick

Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick

4.1

Glyceryn triacetyl ricinoleate, Octyldodecanol, Bys-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosicalate, Barium Sulfate, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetradi-T-Butylhydroxyhydrocynnamate, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica]

I bought this and returned it. I thought it was too much coverage and that it highlighted what I did not want to highlight. It isn't a bad product by any stretch. It would have also been very convenient to travel with. It just felt like too much on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I resisted this for a long time- it's expensive. But oh my! It's beautiful! Worth the splurge. It's so lightweight for a cream and seems to melt into my skin. The finish is gorgeous- not too dewy but definitely gives a healthy glow. The coverage is medium. Looks like skin, not makeup. And although it's pricey, you get a lot of product when you compare to MUFE, Hourglass, Bobbi Brown. I'm NC30 leaning neutral and Bisque is my perfect match. I'm thrilled with this foundation.

on 12/19/2016 9:35:00 PM

Believe me, it worth the investment, satin-dewy finish, medium coverage, long lasting, not transferable, just make your skin healthy looking. I'm NC20 in mac, C2 in face and body foundation, 52 in bourjois healthy mix, 103 ivory in rimmel match perfection, I use this one in shade Ivory.

on 11/10/2016 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love me a good stick foundation, even those that are ( gulp) $80+. I thought $42 was bad for MUFE, and now I have one that's $40 more. I never said I was sane.
In terms of the amount of product you receive it actually holds up well in comparison to say, Hourglass at $46 ( I think??) for a measly .25 oz, MUFE HD weighing in at .44, and then TF is a full 1/2 oz, which is generous for a stick foundation. I like the sticks as I was traveling a fair amount regularly and it takes no time to apply and blend in, along with being incredibly travel friendly ( e.g. Not likely to shatter and takes up little space.) I had started with a K beauty product from Karadium which I LOVED, and for $16 the price was right. This was a melting foundation stick with tons of skin benefits, but alas only comes in 2 shades. The moment I got any sun ( moved back to FL) it was too light. The MUFE is great, but not sure I have a perfect shade match. I even ordered one from Mehron and tried the $6 ELF stick. I was really eyeing the TF and probably spent as much trying to avoid it as I did for the foundation itself.
Some background: I have pre menopausal skin, which means it decides what it wants to do on a whim. I have some rosacea on my nose I'm very sensitive about. My skin tends to be either dehydrated or dry/ combination. I do live in a warm, humid climate which is saving me from painful dryness right now but I still need a foundation that's dewy, med coverage and which will give me a little glow. I have some fine lines on my face and deeper on my forehead.
Ideally a foundation like say, Graftobian or Cinema Secrets gives me the finish I need BUT the pots are a pain when I'm on the road, so enter Tom Ford. This gives similar coverage, a glow and very little is needed.
I'm warm toned and probably NC25 in MAC( C2 in the face and body) and I've used MUFE 120 and 127 in the past. Ivory 4.5 is about as perfect a shade match as I'm going to get.
If you're oily save some $ and run the other way; I can see this being too heavy for anyone acne prone. It's VERY dewy, which my old lady skin loves.
Not sure there's anything I can add to this except that it's worth the splurge if you've had a rough time finding a proper stick foundation.

on 9/28/2016 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Love this foundation. I alternate between shade Sienna and Caramel. (I mix Sienna mix with a little Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (liquid) foundation 6.25 to get my exact shade.) I blend with a damp Beauty Blender or my fingers. Magnifique!

These Tom Ford Foundation Sticks are little heavy for daywear, or humid climates, but the texture is creamy gorgeous and the yellow undertones for women of colour are perfect. Worth every penny - I highly recommend them.

This is the one TF product that I haven't loved. On my combination skin, it was just so thick and did not look natural. I tried every single type of application with this... Straight off the stick on my skin, running my brush on the stick, a beauty blender, my fingers... Nothing worked. I wasn't a fan of the smell either- it was a bit much for me, but I could get used to it. It just didn't want to lay well on my skin, even with a primer. I wanted to love it so bad! The shade was perfect, I was matched with fawn. I will have to try another TF foundation. Thankfully, my Neiman's is awesome and they returned it no problem! Will try another TF foundation in the future.

This one of my very favorite stick foundations! It provides very full coverage, and stays put for at least 7-8 hours! I use the shade #05 Natural, and also own #04 Bisque for when I get darker in the Spring-Summer. (It is actually backwards, #04 is a smudge bit darker and more neutral than #05, which is more warm-olive).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great coverage and beautiful warm colour ( used shade 8) lasts all day and a little goes a long way. BUT I don't recommend for oily skin types as it is very very oily and doesn't compliment skin types that oil up even more through the day.

Would be great for dryer skin types, overall still a great foundation. Ready to try the others from Tom Ford :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for something to replace my beloved YSL touche eclat since the reformulated version is awful for my normal to dry skin. I had heard a lot of people on the boards talking about how gorgeous this is on dry skin, and boy are they right. For me the most annoying thing about having to deal with finding foundations for dry skin is most cream foundations just feel and look super heavy. What I love is how lightweight it is, but it does tend to slightly accentuate dry spots on my forehead, but a little oil and its fine.

The colors are really difficult to figure out, especially if you (like me) don't have a tom ford counter near by. There are a few good blog posts on shades with swatches, but TF seems to have renamed a lot of the shades since then so I had an extremely hard time figuring out what the palest shade was. I went with cream based on the swatches on nordstrom's site (I'm NW10). It's a pretty good match in summer when I'm tan but even then its a tad dark, but workable. I would say its NC15-20 leaning more towards NC20. There definitely isnt a PPP option since they discontinued pale dune.

Although super pricey, this is a super sized foundation stick at 0.50 oz vs something like BB skin foundation stick which is 0.31 oz so you do get more product for they hefty price tag. If they expand their shade line I would look at repurchasing.

on 3/12/2016 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Traceless, Indeed!

I have SENSITIVE, combination skin that leans oily with surface dehydration, so I wasn't sure how this was going to work for me. I learned that it MUST be set with a sheer powder - I use pure silica (and only a light dusting is required), and then it lasts ALL DAY!

I found a perfect color match in "Caramel" (for reference, I'm a:

Black Up Full Coverage Cream - #2 & #3
Alima W5/G6 mix
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Longwear Foundation Stick - 410 Bisque W
Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick - Caramel

It really does look like skin, even layered for coverage. It blends like a dream. It is very creamy, but I wouldn't describe it as oily (close to it), but once it is set, it doesn't make me oilier than usual, and the creaminess is likely why it looks so natural (flat matte faces look anything but natural). Coverage is from sheer (you have to sheer it out with a Sigma Kabuki brush or Beauty Blender) to full. I'd say it applies just above medium in coverage straight from the stick, but is EASILY built to full coverage just where you need it.

It is freaky expensive, but it is also huge and the quality is exceptional. The Lancome stick gives about a quarter to a third of the amount of product of this stick at a whopping $40+... This makes me think this is a worthy once or twice a year purchase. I try not to use it daily, but find myself reaching for it far too frequently because of ease of application and because it just looks so good on! I am also a stick mixer. For a full face, I wear this with the Lancome stick and the Black Up Contour/Highlight Stick. It plays well with all other products I've tried it with including Nars Multiples, etc.

It is creamier and easier to blend than the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick and much oiler than the Lancome Stick (which is very dry but still creamy in application).

Out of every high end stick available (I either own or have tried them all), I'd say it's closest to Bobbi's, but it wears differently and is easier to blend, is much larger and has fewer color options (even though they both lean yellow unless otherwise specified).

I Love this stick, but I can honestly see it not being for everyone (oily, acne prone, etc. - Even though I'm both, lol). If you're not into cream makeup, you likely won't love this. It will be too rich and emollient for you. But, if you are, it will be your HG, if for nothing else, photos or a night out on the town. ❤❤❤