Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick

Tom Ford Traceless Foundation Stick
Traceless Foundation Stick

4.1

Glyceryn triacetyl ricinoleate, Octyldodecanol, Bys-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Kaolin, Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosicalate, Barium Sulfate, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Bisabolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetradi-T-Butylhydroxyhydrocynnamate, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica]

on 4/19/2018 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Looks and feels like skin. The shade Caramel is a perfect match for nc42/43 and it’s great for drier skin tones in my opinion.

On the plus side, this wears more comfortably than most foundation sticks. It doesn't feel greasy. The finish is not matte but satin, which is why people praise it for appearing natural. Use a small amount and buff well. It can accentuate an orange peel texture. If you need to blur pores you will need a primer under the stick. Oily skin will have to powder over this foundation to control shine, and at the end of the day it may look cakey. If you want to cover freckles or discoloration, you have to use more. The more you use, the less natural it looks. It will still look fine from a distance, but close-up it won't look as smooth as liquid foundations. Some people happen to have an ideal match in one shade, but more often I see people buying two or three shades to match their skin, and at $80 per stick, that's hard on the wallet.

on 2/17/2018 9:16:00 PM

Like the other review, I have three of these sticks, Tawny, Honey and Dune. I mix these sticks together for a perfect color match. Tawny seems to run a tad yellow, whereas Dune is more neutral. I tend to mix Honey and Dune, more so than Tawny. The formula is never overdone and never looks cakey. I apply directly to my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin and blend out with the TF foundation brush. Sometimes I wear TF or Laura Mercier powder, but not necessary with this formula. Beautiful medium coverage, minimizes pores and stays put all day. Once in a while, I need to touch up, but it is a quick swipe and blend. This formula is great for dry skin. No creasing or accentuating fine lines. It has a satin finish, so it does not look shiny, nor flat matte either. I even pat the Dune under my eyes for a rested look. Travels easy and just happy with this foundation after trying so many. Highly recommend.

on 2/14/2018 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only high end foundation I have multiple colors of (I have 2 colors for Glossier skin tint too) - Pale Dune, Fawn, and Ivory. I would say Fawn is the best match for my NC20 neutral-olive skin - Ivory leans a bit darker/peach and Pale Dune is more of a NC15. I rotate them throughout the year.
This is an investment for me that is 100% worthwhile because this is my ONLY smear, dab, and go foundation. That means it is always low maintenance, I am guaranteed a flawless result despite tool variation, and I know I will look amazing even by end of day. I use this on mornings when I have not a second to waste (you KNOW how some foundations take a lil extra drop of oil or some finessing), and it is very convenient to take on vacation as well. This is the perfect medium satin coverage that blurs all of my pores, perfects my discoloration, covers blemishes without emphasizing dry spots, and leaves me with the most beautiful real skin finish. It also doesn't deteriorate by mid day (unlike Hourglass Vanish Stick, oh god that made my foundation break up in little continents and move around like it was Pangaea). You can also use this to spot conceal and for touch ups. I am able to smooth more on top of a previously POWDERED face and not have it get clumpy. And of course, I need my makeup to last 12 hours through work and sometimes even longer through dinner, and even if it doesn't last I need it to exit gracefully. I don't ever see breakup around usual suspect areas like nose, forehead, and chin. Under eye is never crepe-y or dry. When it fades, it's a smooth gradiented fade that looks healthy and natural. What is this wizardry?
I'm hurt over the price and I am a big splurger when it comes to makeup and skincare. I have a huge arsenal of foundations but this one I am always reaching for. Tom Ford Traceless Stick... you and I are ride or die.

on 2/13/2018 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, it’s pricey, but it’s worth EVERY cent. This is my HG foundation - it gives you a flawless, airbrushed look and makes you glow. I use it with a foundation brush just because it’s kind of thick and hard to spread it out with your fingers. I love love love it. I used Makeup forever HD stick foundation for years but after TF, I won’t go back to it. This one really lasts and you will see a huge difference in your face when you use it.

on 8/31/2017 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mature, dry, fair skin with pink undertones NW 15-20. Initially I picked this up in Rosewood which is a bit too dark for me. I exchanged the Rosewood for the color Cream 1.5 which appeared a tad yellow in the tube for me, but when on the face gives me a nice neutral coloring that looks very natural. It looks so much better on than the Rosewood.

I put on sunscreen, Smashbox Primerizer and then the TF. I use a couple of stripes on each check and one each on my forehead and chin areas. It is actually harder to spread out than my other favorite stick foundation - Lancome. But once I blend it with my kabuki brush, it covers nicely and leaves a natural, dewy looking finish - not as matte as the Lancome. I would think this may be a little too moist for those with oily skin. But for mature, dry skin - it is great.

Note - the cap is right to the top of the product so you need to wind the tube down before putting the cap back on.

I bought this and returned it. I thought it was too much coverage and that it highlighted what I did not want to highlight. It isn't a bad product by any stretch. It would have also been very convenient to travel with. It just felt like too much on my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I resisted this for a long time- it's expensive. But oh my! It's beautiful! Worth the splurge. It's so lightweight for a cream and seems to melt into my skin. The finish is gorgeous- not too dewy but definitely gives a healthy glow. The coverage is medium. Looks like skin, not makeup. And although it's pricey, you get a lot of product when you compare to MUFE, Hourglass, Bobbi Brown. I'm NC30 leaning neutral and Bisque is my perfect match. I'm thrilled with this foundation.

on 12/19/2016 9:35:00 PM

Believe me, it worth the investment, satin-dewy finish, medium coverage, long lasting, not transferable, just make your skin healthy looking. I'm NC20 in mac, C2 in face and body foundation, 52 in bourjois healthy mix, 103 ivory in rimmel match perfection, I use this one in shade Ivory.

on 11/10/2016 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love me a good stick foundation, even those that are ( gulp) $80+. I thought $42 was bad for MUFE, and now I have one that's $40 more. I never said I was sane.
In terms of the amount of product you receive it actually holds up well in comparison to say, Hourglass at $46 ( I think??) for a measly .25 oz, MUFE HD weighing in at .44, and then TF is a full 1/2 oz, which is generous for a stick foundation. I like the sticks as I was traveling a fair amount regularly and it takes no time to apply and blend in, along with being incredibly travel friendly ( e.g. Not likely to shatter and takes up little space.) I had started with a K beauty product from Karadium which I LOVED, and for $16 the price was right. This was a melting foundation stick with tons of skin benefits, but alas only comes in 2 shades. The moment I got any sun ( moved back to FL) it was too light. The MUFE is great, but not sure I have a perfect shade match. I even ordered one from Mehron and tried the $6 ELF stick. I was really eyeing the TF and probably spent as much trying to avoid it as I did for the foundation itself.
Some background: I have pre menopausal skin, which means it decides what it wants to do on a whim. I have some rosacea on my nose I'm very sensitive about. My skin tends to be either dehydrated or dry/ combination. I do live in a warm, humid climate which is saving me from painful dryness right now but I still need a foundation that's dewy, med coverage and which will give me a little glow. I have some fine lines on my face and deeper on my forehead.
Ideally a foundation like say, Graftobian or Cinema Secrets gives me the finish I need BUT the pots are a pain when I'm on the road, so enter Tom Ford. This gives similar coverage, a glow and very little is needed.
I'm warm toned and probably NC25 in MAC( C2 in the face and body) and I've used MUFE 120 and 127 in the past. Ivory 4.5 is about as perfect a shade match as I'm going to get.
If you're oily save some $ and run the other way; I can see this being too heavy for anyone acne prone. It's VERY dewy, which my old lady skin loves.
Not sure there's anything I can add to this except that it's worth the splurge if you've had a rough time finding a proper stick foundation.