Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

3.6

Water, Helianthus Annuus Seed/Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/ Jojoba Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Squalane, Alcohol Denat., Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Ruscus Aculeatus Extract/Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Adenosine, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citronellol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Geraniol, Linalool, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rosa SPP/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I received a sample of this & I couldn't bring myself to use it under my eyes because it smells so bad. And the smell lingers. I don't like fragranced or in this case mixed oils creams on my face because they irritate my eyes & nose. This one's just yucko! There are few ingredients in this, but the second to the last is denatured alcohol.

on 9/25/2016 10:38:00 PM

Needed an eye cream since I'm in my 20s and my dark circles were driving me nuts. Went into Kiehl's as I liked their one serum (for pore-tightening) and was recommended this. I've been using this for about 3 months and can say that it does hydrate my under eyes which makes them really smooth and my dark circles are a bit lighter. You're never going to get rid of dark circles with creams unless you do some laser but this helps just plump the skin a bit more so it's not so obvious. I got a good sample of this and I'm almost finished, I went on the site to see the price and nearly died - it's just wayyyy to damn expensive. That is basically the only con I have with this product.

on 8/17/2016 5:55:00 AM

I used a generous sample of this up, and have to say that it feels very creamy and rich, though not as rich as the Kiehl´s Avocado eyecream. Although I didn´t notice a big difference in my fine lines, my skin felt properly moisturized and I didn´t notice any negative effects. I don´t think I would buy a full size, because for the price it didn´t wow me enough.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Got this as a sample and it makes me tear up. It stings and it was hard to open my eyes in the morning.

on 7/27/2016 5:31:00 AM

I only keep using this because I don't like the feeling of throwing money out the window.. It does absolutely NOTHING. I could use any day cream under my eyes and it would do the job. I'm realistic: Even though it promises miracles such as reducing dark circles and fine lines, I didn't expect too much. But I must say that I was expecting that it did something. At least help my concealer in setting in place and not looking dry.. I tried my friend's "Eye Alert" (also Kiehl's).. It was definitely better. You could actually feel it cool down the puffiness under your eyes.. The consistence was more as a primer (but still creamy) under the eye which was great for my fine lines. I would stick with this one if I haven't found another alternative when I run out of this one.. Waste of money!!

on 7/20/2016 6:26:00 PM

I got this last Christmas I was so excited. I had heard so much about this cream. Now over 6 months later with consistent use I still haven't seen any result what so ever. And it actually dried my under eye area out. I have never tried any other products that did that with my combination-oily skin :(

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Being half Desi and seeing that side of my family I knew that dark circles were just a part of my DNA. I've always bought eye creams & gels (Chanel, YSL & shiseido) since I was 16 to help ease the discoloration underneath my eyes. Nothing worked, I always had to end up purchasing heavy duty concealer. I bought this eye cream on a whim off the recommendation of KathleenLights (YouTube beauty "guru") from Bloomingdales.

I have been using it for the past 3 months and can tell you I see so much of a difference. I don't need to wear an orange concealer to cover the dark circles anymore! I simply just use the Maybelline age rewind concealer and it is enough coverage. I haven't finished the tube yet (little goes along way) but I am for sure a fan of this stuff. I put it on every night or every other night.

Yes it smells like an herbal apothecary but I find the scent rather calming. I will repurchase unless I find something better.

on 4/14/2016 11:39:00 AM

I don't believe in eye cream miracle so all I ask for an eye cream is to keep well hydrated under my eyes......and this cream does her job

on 4/8/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This.has.alcohol.in.it. Why why? There should never be alcohol in products you use around your eyes. (Didn't know it was an ingredient when I bought it.)

I read the reviews on here, and bought it as a counterpoint to my Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex.

It is very thick, so doesn't "pat out" easily around the eye area. It's actually greasy, so I think it would cause problems used under makeup, but since I was trying it at night, that wasn't an issue. Despite the alcohol, the positive reviews on here swayed me to give it a go.

The next morning, my under eye area was more wrinkled than usual.

So, I'm using it as an expensive hand cream. Although, the alcohol is still a no-no.

One of the few products I've reviewed on here with a big NO.

on 3/5/2016 4:24:00 PM

I had read great reviews about this product and being one of those people with scary dark circle problems I thought I will give it a try.

The thing is that this is not a bad product if you are looking for a moisturiser, but it is, if your objective is related to your dark circles, because it does nothing when it comes to them. It's been 3 months since I started using it and I haven't seen any improvement of them.

Yes, the packaging is convenient and the ingredients are an interesting mix, but I didn't buy it for any of those reasons, so I can give it more than 2 lipsticks as it doesn't deliver what it promises. The same goes for the price, I didn't think it was that expensive, it became expensive when I didn't get any more results than moisturising the area (and for that I can find cheaper products that deliver great results).