Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye

3.7

Water, Helianthus Annuus Seed/Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/ Jojoba Seed Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Squalane, Alcohol Denat., Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/Shea Butter, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Ruscus Aculeatus Extract/Ruscus Aculeatus Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Tocopherol, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Adenosine, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Citronellol, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Geraniol, Linalool, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rosa SPP/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract

on 7/20/2016 6:26:00 PM

I got this last Christmas I was so excited. I had heard so much about this cream. Now over 6 months later with consistent use I still haven't seen any result what so ever. And it actually dried my under eye area out. I have never tried any other products that did that with my combination-oily skin :(

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Being half Desi and seeing that side of my family I knew that dark circles were just a part of my DNA. I've always bought eye creams & gels (Chanel, YSL & shiseido) since I was 16 to help ease the discoloration underneath my eyes. Nothing worked, I always had to end up purchasing heavy duty concealer. I bought this eye cream on a whim off the recommendation of KathleenLights (YouTube beauty "guru") from Bloomingdales.

I have been using it for the past 3 months and can tell you I see so much of a difference. I don't need to wear an orange concealer to cover the dark circles anymore! I simply just use the Maybelline age rewind concealer and it is enough coverage. I haven't finished the tube yet (little goes along way) but I am for sure a fan of this stuff. I put it on every night or every other night.

Yes it smells like an herbal apothecary but I find the scent rather calming. I will repurchase unless I find something better.

To Read all 71 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/14/2016 11:39:00 AM

I don't believe in eye cream miracle so all I ask for an eye cream is to keep well hydrated under my eyes......and this cream does her job

on 4/8/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This.has.alcohol.in.it. Why why? There should never be alcohol in products you use around your eyes. (Didn't know it was an ingredient when I bought it.)

I read the reviews on here, and bought it as a counterpoint to my Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex.

It is very thick, so doesn't "pat out" easily around the eye area. It's actually greasy, so I think it would cause problems used under makeup, but since I was trying it at night, that wasn't an issue. Despite the alcohol, the positive reviews on here swayed me to give it a go.

The next morning, my under eye area was more wrinkled than usual.

So, I'm using it as an expensive hand cream. Although, the alcohol is still a no-no.

One of the few products I've reviewed on here with a big NO.

on 3/5/2016 4:24:00 PM

I had read great reviews about this product and being one of those people with scary dark circle problems I thought I will give it a try.

The thing is that this is not a bad product if you are looking for a moisturiser, but it is, if your objective is related to your dark circles, because it does nothing when it comes to them. It's been 3 months since I started using it and I haven't seen any improvement of them.

Yes, the packaging is convenient and the ingredients are an interesting mix, but I didn't buy it for any of those reasons, so I can give it more than 2 lipsticks as it doesn't deliver what it promises. The same goes for the price, I didn't think it was that expensive, it became expensive when I didn't get any more results than moisturising the area (and for that I can find cheaper products that deliver great results).

on 2/19/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I don't what it does, but I feel that after using it my dark circles have become a bit lighter, and the skin around my eyes feels smooth

It's the first eye cream I'm actually impressed with.
The tube packaging is a nice bonus.

on 1/20/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the second time i've purchased this eye cream. I use it only at night i wish they've made a similar ete cream to use in the morning. I like the formula, its blends well with a tiny amount of it. You have to be very gentle while applying. The only thing i dont like is that it has a smell like lavender. I usually like lavender scent but its a little bit harsh on this eye cream. Till i find a better one, i'll be repurchasing

Let me tell you why I'm torn.

I'm torn because this definitely helps with dark circles, so much so that I considered this a Holy Grail product.

That being said, it dries out your undereye area over time, and actually can cause them to look darker. There is alcohol in here, and I feel like that might be the culprit.

When you put it on, it immediately helps the appearance of dark circles, and kind of has a tightening affect. But dark circles are often dry, and this can really make it worse, especially in the winter. I won't be repurchasing.

on 11/21/2015 7:57:00 PM

I am 16 y.o girl. I already use this thing for a few months at night . Well, I think this thing is not for young people and people that didn't have fine lines and wrinkle . This thing didn't anything on my eyes area . So , I will not repurchase this thing , I think this thing is a little expensive due its small size . Well maybe if I get older I will try using this thing again to see if this thing is really work or not.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Coarse

I bought a trial size on the strenghth of good recommendations on MUA.
Just so you know, in the past, I've had problems with rich eye creams that caused milia, supposed beneficial products that instead dried out the delicate undereye skin terribly or caused swollen puffy eyes, or that pilled with undereye concealer - I hate that in the morning when you are trying to get to work, and little bits of congealed concealer combine with the under eye cream to form nuggets or crumbs....agggh! (see my reviews if you want to see all the losers I have tried; read them and weep..)
THE GOOD NEWS: this pleasant undereye cream can be used at night, sinks in, spreads easily, no tugging, no greasiness, no sliding, no eye irritation.
In the day, it combines well with under eyeconcealer (I use Armani) and it all smooths on.
HOW EFFECTIVE IS IT? Pretty good at hydration, no effect on dark circles, so 4 stars, not 5 stars, but lots of other positive features above. Yes I will repurchase, considering everything.