Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

It has been discontinued!!! NOOOO!!!! my favorite lip product of all time! I am about to buy the last 5 off amazon!

on 12/5/2015 8:49:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this lipstick online, and as I'm a fan of Revlon Peach Parfait it wasn't too much of a gamble.
Pink Truffle definitely doesn't disappoint - it's gorgeous! I"m still surprised at how much I love Revlon Lip Butters, as I've been buying high end lipstick for years (Nars, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille...). I'm a red head with a pale/yellow skin tone (extremely pale in winter) and this looks perfect with a bit of nude pink blush (I use Stila Illium or Bobbi Brown Nude Pink). Weirdly, it's what I wanted Nars Dolce Vita to be - the same/similar shade but longer lasting and a bit more pigmented as it's not strictly a sheer lipstick like the Nars one. I also own Laura Mercier 'Audrey' - I'd say Pink Truffle is a more muted, wearable version, great on pale skins.
What I love is that it isn't too dark, or too bright or too 'pink' - it has a slight brown undertone, but not enough to wash me out.
It definitely doesn't moisturise my lips (the name'Lip Butter' is perhaps a bit misleading...) but I haven't noticed it drying them out either.

To Read all 255 Reviews, Login or Join

I cannot wear 99% of lip products. My lips are weirdly sensitive and nearly everything dries them out.
But I can wear the Revlon Lip Butters! They moisturize! They add color to my drab face! They are inexpensive and very easy to find!
Pink Truffle is a great natural-looking color. I wish Revlon would add more colors like this one.

on 11/12/2015 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great neutral pinky brown. It's so flattering, perfect for everyday use. Cheap, moisturizing, not terribly long lasting but lipstick never lasts on me. I admit I was not a huge fan of the revlon lip butters but this shade is wonderful. Would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The texture of this tinted lip balm is really moisturizing, and the color is subtle but still noticeable. It looks a bit like lip gloss, but not as over the top shiny. I swore off wearing actual lip gloss years ago since I hated the texture and absolutely loathed the way my hair got stuck to my lip gloss every time there was a breeze. Gross! I'm so glad I found a lip gloss substitute that doesn't have all of those problems, but looks just as good. Pink Truffle is a pretty pinkish nude color that looks great on me, since my skin is pale and kind of pinkish, including my lips. I've been looking for a good goes-with-everything nude lipstick for a while, but everything else was too brown.

on 10/22/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

This has become my go-to "my lips with a bit more color" everyday lip color. Since I've hit my mid-50's I have to be careful how much color goes on my lips. I'm not one of those ladies who can rock red lips with little else. Too much color accentuates my jawline and just doesn't work. Matte makes me look flat, so lip butter is a great option for me. Pink Truffle goes on smoothly, is pigmented and opaque with just a bit of sheen. I apply it on one lip, smoosh my lips together, and I'm done. Gives me a finished look without looking like I try too hard. I wear nude eye shadow, mauve-ish blush, and the bare minimum of mascara, and Pink Truffle completes the look.

on 9/15/2015 5:49:00 PM

This is one of my favorites of all time. It's a beautiful MLBB shade, sort of a pinky-nude hue. The formula is thicker than your average balm or lipstick and the color is good. It feels creamy and moisturizing, and applies pretty opaque. I think as a lighter color it's more forgiving, too, where you'd worry less about it smearing because it's so creamy. It has good color payoff and decent staying power, so long as you're not sipping a lot of coffee or eating something. If it gets warm out, though, there is a risk of these breaking in the tube. For that reason I tend to use this more in cooler weather, which is when I want more moisturizing anyways.

on 9/13/2015 1:09:00 PM

As a Nars Dolce Vita l/s lover I have been on a search for an easier l/s to buy. Finally! I found Clinique's Guava Stain...it is NOT easy to find, ordering on line etc..not fun. So, I hunted and found Pink Truffle as a quick 'run in the ds pick up' .... the color: ah it's just ok, too brown for me. The packaging is thee worst! You cannot get the stinkin cap off. I'm a l/s LOVER and want my l/s to be easy to get out, take the cap off and put on...no mirror just zip and go. This is not happening for me. I guess I'll just stay with Guava Stain and order 3 at a time since there seems to be zero dupes for it. To bad I wanted to like this...but have a loathing for brown l/s. I don't recommend this!

I adore this lip butter as much as my creme brûlée one!!!! Such a beautiful Marsala color that I wear all the time, either with a full face of makeup or with just mascara and brows. Beautiful, beautiful color with a great formula!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Out of all the lip products I own and have worn (including great classics which I adore), Revlon Colorbust in Pink Truffle is the only one that has gotten consistent compliments!

It is the true-blue my lips but better shade--- bit of a brownish mauve that's easy to apply, isn't too matte or glossy, with a nice color pay-off to boot. With pigmented lips, it might not show up as vividly as it would with lighter colored lips, but I would think it could still work nicely as a gloss with a little tint.

Definitely repurchasing!