100 Percent Pure Satin Eyeshadow in Bora Bora

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 6/24/2018 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This cream eyeshadow has a nice consistency that melts on contact with the skin and is easy to blend with fingers or a brush. It's one of the darker eyeshadows I own and I like it as a crease color. It comes in a glass container with a screw on lid so feels high end but is a little time consuming to use on account of needing to screw the lid off and on. I have one 100% Pure eyeshadow that is more of a powder and it came in a plastic container with a pull up lid which looks cheaper but is faster to use. I seem to go through this very slowly as a small amount goes a long way and I don't do a full eye everyday. I'm prone to dermatitis including around my eyes if I use the wrong products but this one is a winner in that department as I've not had any issues with it causing irritation. Overall, it's a definite winner from 100% Pure as the ingredients are safe and all natural, the price is reasonable and it performs just as well as eyeshadows containing toxic ingredients.

on 11/14/2011 7:03:00 PM

This shade is described as "shimmery golden honey" on 100% Pure's website, which is spot on (surprising, considering that their lipstick shade descriptions are strangely inaccurate). It is a deep golden honey, and would still show up well on people with medium or tan skin tones. It is VERY shimmery. It can work during the day if used sparingly. But I mostly keep this for evening wear. I know some people find the application a bit odd. It looks almost like a hard block of gel eyeliner in a pot. The best thing I have found is to take a synthetic eye shadow brush -- one that is a little stiff -- and swirl it in the pot. Then brush it on slowly (as if applying primer) and blend. This definitely will not work well with a regular, soft, or fluffy eye shadow brush. The product is just too stiff. For this reason, the satin eye shadows are particularly good for travel. Nothing will crumble or fall out and if you forget your eye shadow brush, you can always apply with your fingers.

Top Rated Eye Shadow