New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an ok setting powder. It is good for oil control and keeps me matte for a few hours, however it appears very unnatural on my skin so it is very obvious I'm wearing powder. even with a light hand it's powdery and cakey.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

BEST powder ever for paler girls! I have very fair pinkish skin and I despise any powder that accentuates my ruddiness. Thats the worst is to look in the mirror and have an orange face and a porcelain neck! I love how white this is even though its supposed to be Translucent. If your skin is medium or darker this might be a problem for you but for the pale ladies this is my favorite of all time. I am having a hard time finding it anywhere and now have resorted to paying twice the price on eBay. I prefer this pressed powder over their loose powder as I think it is lighter.

To Read all 366 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I thought this powder will be great for touch-ups throughout the day. When first applied, the powder appeared to be beautiful as an under eye setting powder. But after 3+ hours, the powder appears different on the skin like bright racoon eyes and the product separates. It just didn't work for my skin. Not long lasting and does not control oil. The product is very chalky and unfortunately they don't have very many deeper tones.

I keep this in my purse, sturdy little package that is great for touch ups, and doesn't take up much space. Let's face it, it's not practical to haul loose powder and extra brushes around with you day and night. I'm really impressed with how well this performs and it is very inexpensive which is always a bonus in my opinion. They must have repackaged this from earlier versions as the cover is partially clear, which allows you to see the shade before purchasing but sacrifices the size of the mirror inside. Thankfully I usually apply this in front of a wall mirror but it does make it more challenging when you're on the go. There are plenty of shades to choose from as well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have bought at least 10 of these since I started using makeup in high school. They are great for when my skin is super pale in the winter and spring. The color "translucent" doesn't mean that it is actually translucent however. There is a slight pigment to it, which makes it perfect for pale pale me. I use it to set my foundation in the winter and brighten under my eyes in the summer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This did not work for me.
Pretty basic, kinda chalky looking powder.
Does not go on translucent and does leave a cast to the skin.
Did not control or help with oil.
Did not set makeup well either.
I would only purchase if new to makeup or need a cheap powder to hold you over.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product's packaging is cheap with its frail plastic and flimsy "powder puff". However the powder does its job at a good price. I used this pressed powder to set my concealer on eyebrows and undereye area. Also I would recommend this to beginners and people who are tight on money. I would repurchase this again.

Pros:
- Cheap and easy to find in most stores that sell New York Color cosmetics
- Works well as a powder
- Translucent

Cons:
- Packaging is cheap and can break easily
- The applicator is worthless, better to use a powder brush or powder puff
- Not a compact I'd carry in my purse in fear that it would make a mess

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

When I wanted to try out translucent powders this was the first one I picked out because it was under $3. It's cheap but I don't think it's for me even though it works all right since I've been branching out to other brands.

It does do what it's supposed too, and I'm not repurchasing because of it's quality but because it's not my HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! Itís finely milled; it reminds me of Maybellineís Dream Matte powder but a lot better. This is the best powder I have ever used to set my foundation. I apply it with a fluffy brush (elf) it applies nicely and itís not cakey. It truly is translucent, it does not show any color or alter my foundation shade. It is SO inexpensive and I will keep repurchasing but lately I have not been able to find it at my local Target, I hope they did not discontinue this gem. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this off and on for years. My skin went from combo to dry over time but this simple powder refines and smoothes my skin. It is sheer so color matching is easy. I never have a problem with it magnifying dryness or fine line.

The packaging is super cheap but the powder inside is what counts really.