Nuance by Salma Hayek Coral

No Image

4.1

on 8/14/2014 3:24:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I am extremely fair with mature skin and it's a lovely shade for me. Anti-aging color, creamy, and longlasting. I don't know if this is a new brand as I'd never heard of it before I found it. I recommend and will definitely buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Salma Hayek's Nuance Lipstick line has some of the most beautiful shades I've found in the drugstore, a great silky-satiny texture, and enough moisturizing ingredients to pull off wearing on dehydrated lips (but do exfoliate first!). This color is a translucent milky pink coral that looks very natural, like moist healthy lips with a touch of gloss--it really is one of my HG coral *pink* lipcolors, along with Shiseido Bubblegum and less so, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Sweet Nectar. I generally prefer corals with more orange because they seem to go better with my skintone despite the fact that my skintone is neutral, and leans slightly more cool--I blame the pink in my lips, which makes many pink-leaning corals appear pinker, and brighter, popping in a way I don't like against my tan/bronze skintone. If this is the case for you, you will probably appreciate this color.Why do I rave about the color and not give it 5 stars? It is drugstore, it is decently affordable, it is marketed by a woman I admire,,,,

But the wear time is just too short! I enjoy reapplying often, and I enjoy doing so more when I first start wearing a new lipstick crush. After awhile, I always return to lipsticks which last longer. The texture may be beautiful, but a formula with less slip would be stellar, I look to my favorite lipstick formulations: Shiseido Perfect Rouge, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color and Revlon Colorburst for having great lasting power while looking natural and having a balanced/comfortable texture. Nuance Coral smells a lot better and has a tolerable taste compared to most lipsticks of the same price range, and really it isn't offensive at all--maybe halfway in-between Lancome's rosy smell and MAC's vanilla scent, leaning more towards the latter., If only this lipstick range could be completely unscented, like Shiseido lipsticks, I would wear my Nuance lipsticks twice as often! I have to note that of all of the Nuance lipsticks I have the scent of my tube of Terracotta is the strongest--which is a shame, because it's a beautiful color--as well as Paprika, My Favorite, Dusty Rose, Wine....Truth is, if more colors were released, I would certainly have to buy them!

on 2/17/2013 8:47:00 PM

This was a surprising purchase for me. I didn't even know this brand existed, but picked up a tube at a drugstore somewhere in Fort Lauderdale on vacation. The texture of it is extraordinary for the price point. I don't particularly love MAC lipsticks because I think they're sort of dry despite the lovely pigmentation. Instead, I reach for NARS or Chanel because they manage to have both slip/moisture and staying power. This lipstick has it all. I would have no idea this was a DS lipstick if I didn't know better. The color is pretty good too. It's a lovely, pinky coral. It does pull a bit hot pink on me, and sort of changes colors after it's warmed up a bit on my lips. The only other line I have ever tried that changes colors on my lips like that is Tarte. But it's not too bothersome. All in all, I would try another lipstick from this line because I think you get an awful lot of value for your money.

on 4/20/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love everything about Coral with the exception of the formula. On my neutral-pink PPP complexion this is a standout. No bizarre orange creme color here just a very flattering cool coral that makes the rest of my face look peaches and cream and; I don't find this matronly or aging in any capacity. I'm blond and don't look like imbecile Barbie in this color in fact I look outright elegant and ready for the warmer months. This formula is free of all shimmer and is moisturizing but my one complaint is that its a bit too sheer for my liking. I need to apply Blistex prior to this otherwise the color creeps into any lip creases that I didn't know I had and that clearly aren't there when I wear creamier formulated lipsticks. This one con is not enough to make me remove a lippie or not want to try another color from Nuance. Lasts an average amount of time and is not staining.

on 2/28/2012 9:13:00 PM

I bought this and returned in within 24 hours. The color was very aging on me. I'm NC15-20 with gold tones and cool blonde hair. Some corals can be aging, including this one. Plus, it shrank away from my lipline in a short time, making my lips look smaller. It isn't a bad product, just bad on me and overall not very special.

on 1/13/2012 11:15:00 PM

I am very fair skinned, and purchased the Coral today...and I must say, it looks absolutely beautiful with my coloring. It is moisturizing with a good color payoff. I have heard from others that her lipgloss is also very nice and stays on. I am actually looking forward to getting back over to CVS this weekend (where it is exclusively promoted) to pick up the lipgloss, the cheek trio and eyeshadow quad after watching a few promising reviews on YouTube.

on 11/13/2011 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

coral turned out to be a pastel barbie pink on my pigmented asian lips. no no! i returned it today. i give it 3 stars for the great color payoff, price and its very moisturizing. i expected a more orange pink tone but this was almost a white pink on me. not flattering :/ i also purchased the dusty rose but i kept that one.

Popular Lipsticks