Jhirmack distinctions- Silver Plus

Jhirmack distinctions- Silver Plus

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycol Distearate, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Folic Acid, Ubiquinone (CoQ10), Benzophenone-4, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (Green Tea), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Ext. Violet 2.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Love this product! The product is not as dark as Generic's compare to Clairol shimmering purple shampoo, original Clairol shimmering lights purple shampoo, or One 'n Only Shiny Silver but if you're on a budget or have minimal brassiness, this is it. Lathers nicely to those who matter, and doesn't stain your bath tub or hands. I dampen my hair to aid in distribution and massage it into my hair and leave it in for at least 5 mins then rinse out and follow up with a conditioner. Honestly, my ends are bleached more then the top so I did definitely noticed the change on my ends and after a few more washes my top was noticeably lighter too as a result of the brassiness being eliminated. When I first used this without following with a conditioner to truly see how it functioned, it did wash out quite dry and knotty. The smell wasn't appalling (a little to the chemical side) although it doesn't linger in my hair either. Got this at Walmart for under $4!

on 3/1/2016 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I would rate this 3.5 lippies if possible. This is a nice purple shampoo, although it doesn't produce miraculous results. I like this much better than Clairol Shimmer Lights shampoo. It has a very pleasant smell, creates a nice, rich lather and rinses out well. My hair looks a bit lighter once I blow-dry it, and any golden tones seem less noticeable. I use this once a week.

on 12/14/2015 10:56:00 PM

It's inexpensive and strong- it works but don't use without conditioning afterwards.

I've recently gone from black to blonde hair and am in still in the process of going blonder. I needed a purple shampoo to help with the yellow/warm tones in my hair and this is fitting the bill nicely. While it's not eradicating all of the golden tones in my hair, it is lightening and brightening the highlights in a fabulous way. It is a bit drying, but it's nothing my pureology conditioner and coconut oil treatments can't fix!

This product surprised me very much. I am 20 years old with dyed light ash blonde hair and recently it has gotten very brassy with yellow and copper/orange tints in it. I bought this shampoo and conditioner with not much of high expectations for it being a drugstore product but was pleasantly surprised. I have only used this once and didn't even leave the conditioner on for 5 full minutes and it took almost all of the brassiness out of my hair. My hair looks better then when I first got it dyed. It is very bright and light blonde color and shimmery. The only negative comment I could make on this product is the conditioner, they make the conditioner packaged a lot smaller then the shampoo.. I need and use more conditioner then shampoo.. but other then that it is a fantastic product and decent priced.

on 6/8/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had a sad brief period as a platinum blonde, in which I tried this shampoo to keep brassy tones away. For that purpose, this shampoo is terrific. Just shampoo it in, wait a couple of minutes, rinse it out, and condition. Like magic, any yellow or red tones are diminished.

However, this shampoo is EXTREMELY DRYING! I expect most color depositing shampoos to be a bit drying, but this stuff is SUPER DRYING. It must have something to do with the purple colorant, because other similar silver/platinum shampoos I've tried were the same. Anyhow, I would only recommend using it once a week, twice a week tops, and always use a good conditioner afterwards.

And be very careful when combing your hair when it's wet. If your hair is naturally blonde or gray, you're probably safe, but if you're bleaching your hair it's already fragile and this shampoo won't help out matters. A little leave-in conditioner before you attempt to comb things out might be a good idea.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Bought this when I was highlighting my level 6 hair on the off chance that the blond turned brassy. I used it once and could not stand how dry and straw like it left my hair, even after conditioning. I understand that it has to clarify in order to prevent or remove brassy buildup but I decided that the very minimal warm-brassy hints that were showing up between highlighting sessions weren't bad enough to warrant using this on my hair. I am olive skinned so warmer colors look better on me anyways.

I've since stopped highlighting my hair and am in the process of growing them out, using demi-perminent dye to cover them and avoid the two toned appearance. I plan on using this as a pre color clarifying shampoo to use up the bottle but don't plan on buying another one when I run out.

on 11/4/2013 10:58:00 PM

I have full highlights which I plan to keep looking blonde and fresh, not orangey brassy. I read about purple shampoos and their benefits to do just that. I picked mine up at walgreens for $8 in nj. Maybe cheaper in other states. I have used it three times and am happy with the results of it keeping my blonde, blonde. I first shampoo with another product for cleanliness, then follow with this . This lathers white, not purple. I leave on 2-3 min then wash out. I definitely have to follow with conditioner. If not, my hair would be hard and unmanageable. Anyone who thinks you wont need conditioner, no matter your hair type, must be delusional. I digress..I recommend this shampoo

on 6/25/2012 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very easy on my semi fine hair. Ive been growing it out to my natural dark blonde, and this still gets the brass & warmness out of it and blends my medium blonde well with it. Makes it soft & shiny, much cheaper than Matrix So Silver, and Nexxus Simply Silver

this is more lavender purple than the others that are darker, this one doesnt stain as much!

on 6/22/2012 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Best product for color treated dark/medium ash blonde with highlights, is a little drying but not like Clairol Shimmerlights or Aveda, cheap, easy to find, keeps my hair shiny, frizz free and blonde, I use a good moisturizing conditioner after.