Annabelle waterproof in bordeaux

No Image

4.5

on 12/19/2013 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

An amazing friend of mine from Canada sent me this in one of her lovely care parcels and I absolutely LOVE it.
First off, as a waterproof liner, it's not especially creamy, so there is some tugging, but it's minimal as long as my lips are smooth and I've used a primer and all that.
The color is unbelievably versatile. I can pair this with anything from deep oxblood red to bright orchid-tinged plum and it is perfect.
My M.O. with this liner is to fill in my whole lip and layer lip color on top. This method keeps my lip color on for hours, since this liner gets quite tacky when it sets and creates a great adhesive layer for the lipstick to grab hold of.
I don't find it to be drying at all. It's not hydrating, but it doesn't suck moisture out of my lips or anything.
I'm not sure what the cost of this is, since I didn't purchase it, but I will definitely be repurchasing when I run out, which might be a while since this liner doesn't seem to get used up too fast.
Packaging is typical of most liners. It's just a simple pencil which needs to be sharpened, rather than a twist-up design. While I prefer the twist-up lip liners, I don't find this one to be too problematic because I don't need to sharpen it constantly. It maintains a point fairly well, since it's a bit harder than the average liner. It's a bit like a MAC liner, though I feel this works better.
All in all, this is a great liner. I'd be interested in trying others in the line.

on 11/12/2011 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

bordeaux is a waterproof wine lip liner.it goes perfectly with revlon super lustrous black cherry! It last long,doesn't smudge,perfect liner for wine color lippies!love it!