Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.5

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's cheap, made in Germany. It's better than the maybelline or loreal ones but it still smudges on my eyes at the end of the day. The colour is jet black. I tried to set with powder but I get panda eyes at the end of the day.

Excellent staying power and definitely my HG. I use eyeliner everyday and this one is my favourite. I have previously used the Loreal, NYX, Revlon, and Maybelline's gel liner pot but this one is my favourite because of the staying power. I am able to line my waterline with this which makes it a winner! I find that the pot dries out quickly and I'll find it to start falling out onto my skin once the pot begins to dry out, but when it only costs $3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada, it's totally manageable and I just buy a new pot. Super cheap!

The best eyeliner I have tried! I docked off a lippie because it claims to be waterproof but it does smudge with water. (I don't really mind I don't need it to be waterproof but it is still advertised as waterproof). It's cheap, pigmented, and lasts all day. It's so creamy and easy to work with. I use the little eyeliner brush that essence sells and it works amazingly. I couldn't find it for a while and thought it was discontinued, but I finally found it again and I'm so happy. The amount of product is a bit smaller than I remember, but it's okay. It's still a very good price. I'll never buy another gel eyeliner again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh well, better luck next time.... It goes on super rich black, but it didn’t last as long as needed. It also was not very smooth to apply and had a lot of fall out. It just doesn't compare to it's higher end cousins.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This gel liner is around ~$4 USD and can be found at Ulta. I can confidently say that this eyeliner has great lasting power and minimal smudging/flaking even on my difficult eyes/skin that refuse to let any eyeliner or mascara stay. Color is a nice, matte black and it applies well (no tugging/pulling). My sensitive eyes and skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. I would recommend this eyeliner to others and would repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This gel liner is an excellent value for the price, and I would never again pay high end money for a gel liner because this one is just as good! The pigmentation is great and it is a nice, rich black that dries matte. I feel like this gel liner lasts really well, at least as well or better compared to higher end ones that I have used, even when my left eye gets super-watery. (Note: I only use it on the top lashline, so I can't really speak to the wear on the lower lashline or in the waterline.) I will definitely repurchase if I ever manage to use it up.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not as pigmented or creamy as my wet n wild Fergie gel liner. Good staying power but will not repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I didn't find it lasted... I'm not THAT oily generally I think I'm normal. I was dissapointed. The color is good the application good price amazing, packaging fine

Just smeared on me honestly...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Price point is good except that it flakes towards the end of the day which bugs me very much. I normally top it with a pen liner to make it last all day.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really liked this gel liner! I used it to make dramatic wings the other day and the wings lasted and looked very precise. I've tried other gel liners and this one went on very smoothly and was easy to spread the colour without having to put a ton on. Will definitely repurchase.