Essence Gel Eyeliner - Midnight In Paris

4.5

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

It was not long wearing even with a primer and the container didn't seal well enough so the product dried out. Maybe mine was a dud.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have tried quite a few cream/gel liners while trying to find the perfect one. This is the winner! I don't know why it is different than others, but it is. It glides on with no skipping. It is very pigmented, not turning gray toward the end of my strokes. It lasts all day on my ultra-oily skin. I am so thrilled with this eyeliner being so good and SO CHEAP. Essence seems to be really good at eyeliners. I can imagine this pot will last a year or more, but since it's so cheap it's nbd to buy a new one if this one gets dry.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's cheap, made in Germany. It's better than the maybelline or loreal ones but it still smudges on my eyes at the end of the day. The colour is jet black. I tried to set with powder but I get panda eyes at the end of the day.

Excellent staying power and definitely my HG. I use eyeliner everyday and this one is my favourite. I have previously used the Loreal, NYX, Revlon, and Maybelline's gel liner pot but this one is my favourite because of the staying power. I am able to line my waterline with this which makes it a winner! I find that the pot dries out quickly and I'll find it to start falling out onto my skin once the pot begins to dry out, but when it only costs $3.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart here in Canada, it's totally manageable and I just buy a new pot. Super cheap!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This gel liner is an excellent value for the price, and I would never again pay high end money for a gel liner because this one is just as good! The pigmentation is great and it is a nice, rich black that dries matte. I feel like this gel liner lasts really well, at least as well or better compared to higher end ones that I have used, even when my left eye gets super-watery. (Note: I only use it on the top lashline, so I can't really speak to the wear on the lower lashline or in the waterline.) I will definitely repurchase if I ever manage to use it up.

The best eyeliner I have tried! I docked off a lippie because it claims to be waterproof but it does smudge with water. (I don't really mind I don't need it to be waterproof but it is still advertised as waterproof). It's cheap, pigmented, and lasts all day. It's so creamy and easy to work with. I use the little eyeliner brush that essence sells and it works amazingly. I couldn't find it for a while and thought it was discontinued, but I finally found it again and I'm so happy. The amount of product is a bit smaller than I remember, but it's okay. It's still a very good price. I'll never buy another gel eyeliner again!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This gel liner is around ~$4 USD and can be found at Ulta. I can confidently say that this eyeliner has great lasting power and minimal smudging/flaking even on my difficult eyes/skin that refuse to let any eyeliner or mascara stay. Color is a nice, matte black and it applies well (no tugging/pulling). My sensitive eyes and skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. I would recommend this eyeliner to others and would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh well, better luck next time.... It goes on super rich black, but it didn’t last as long as needed. It also was not very smooth to apply and had a lot of fall out. It just doesn't compare to it's higher end cousins.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Price point is good except that it flakes towards the end of the day which bugs me very much. I normally top it with a pen liner to make it last all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I didn't find it lasted... I'm not THAT oily generally I think I'm normal. I was dissapointed. The color is good the application good price amazing, packaging fine

Just smeared on me honestly...