Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.5

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really liked this gel liner! I used it to make dramatic wings the other day and the wings lasted and looked very precise. I've tried other gel liners and this one went on very smoothly and was easy to spread the colour without having to put a ton on. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not as pigmented or creamy as my wet n wild Fergie gel liner. Good staying power but will not repurchase

To Read all 297 Reviews, Login or Join

I got this on sale! This is so easy to apply and does not dry easily or clumps on your eyelashes. It lasts all day especially on hot humid days, even when I sweat. I'd buy this again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Applies easily, doesn't skip, is very smooth, is cheap. Only issue is that it flakes a little on application compared to some other gel liners, but at this price point it doesn't matter. Would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe Essence did change the formula, because the one I got in late 2014 is in no way inky black like some of the reviews say. This is thin on me, like the Physicians Formula trio cream liners. If I use a 'normal' amount of this liner, it's thin, light-black and brush-strokey. If I try to put more product on my brush, it clumps up in my lashes and flakes off in chunks after drying. Staying power is average for a cheap cream liner, not bulletproof like the older reviews say.

I'll power through this for daily use, but ELF's MegaEyes cream liner remains the best I've used at this price point.

I really do love this. it glides and stays like a dream. it's a great price, which is why I can get over the fact that it dries out. I have and use a lot of makeup so I rotate all the time. This was 2.99 so I'm not complaining!

Compared to other drugstore gel liners, this was the worst to work with once it had dried out. You could barely pick up any product and if you did, it was a chore to apply it. Great in the beginning, but it goes down hill pretty fast. I do have to give it credit for being smudge proof and the price point though.

After reading all the good reviews on this product, I bought it. The strange thing about this eyeliner is that it can be really creamy one day and then super stiff the next. I've tried wearing this with and without primer, but it still transfers to my under eye area either way. The worst part is that once it smudges, you can't wipe off the smudge (it's almost as if it dyed my under eye area; that's how hard it sticks). I have monolids, but I don't know if that's supposed to make a difference or not.

I've always personally preferred to wear gel eyeliner over pencil or liquid, but I may have to switch to a liquid liner to avoid smudging now.

ESSENCE CHANGED THE PRODUCT!

I bought mine a while back and a couple of months ago I decided to use it again and Loved it! when I ran out and went to buy another one, it was different!

The old formula was soo much better. The packaging is actually a glass container and its heavier, you get a lot more product, the gel liner is more pigmented and black.

The new product feels a lot cheaper, package wise and formula. you can actually see through the liner when it is swatched.

So sad to see that essence has stopped making this product the way they used too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

For all my monolid gals, this does not stay put, even with primer. Glides on easy, but that's it.