Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.5

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This gel liner is around ~$4 USD and can be found at Ulta. I can confidently say that this eyeliner has great lasting power and minimal smudging/flaking even on my difficult eyes/skin that refuse to let any eyeliner or mascara stay. Color is a nice, matte black and it applies well (no tugging/pulling). My sensitive eyes and skin did not have any adverse reaction to it. I would recommend this eyeliner to others and would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Oh well, better luck next time.... It goes on super rich black, but it didn’t last as long as needed. It also was not very smooth to apply and had a lot of fall out. It just doesn't compare to it's higher end cousins.

To Read all 301 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Price point is good except that it flakes towards the end of the day which bugs me very much. I normally top it with a pen liner to make it last all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I didn't find it lasted... I'm not THAT oily generally I think I'm normal. I was dissapointed. The color is good the application good price amazing, packaging fine

Just smeared on me honestly...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really liked this gel liner! I used it to make dramatic wings the other day and the wings lasted and looked very precise. I've tried other gel liners and this one went on very smoothly and was easy to spread the colour without having to put a ton on. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not as pigmented or creamy as my wet n wild Fergie gel liner. Good staying power but will not repurchase

I got this on sale! This is so easy to apply and does not dry easily or clumps on your eyelashes. It lasts all day especially on hot humid days, even when I sweat. I'd buy this again.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Applies easily, doesn't skip, is very smooth, is cheap. Only issue is that it flakes a little on application compared to some other gel liners, but at this price point it doesn't matter. Would repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Maybe Essence did change the formula, because the one I got in late 2014 is in no way inky black like some of the reviews say. This is thin on me, like the Physicians Formula trio cream liners. If I use a 'normal' amount of this liner, it's thin, light-black and brush-strokey. If I try to put more product on my brush, it clumps up in my lashes and flakes off in chunks after drying. Staying power is average for a cheap cream liner, not bulletproof like the older reviews say.

I'll power through this for daily use, but ELF's MegaEyes cream liner remains the best I've used at this price point.

I really do love this. it glides and stays like a dream. it's a great price, which is why I can get over the fact that it dries out. I have and use a lot of makeup so I rotate all the time. This was 2.99 so I'm not complaining!