no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

I used a whole bottle of this face wash as part of a treatment I set up for my skin. Due to sun damage I have uneven skin tone and I thought to use this product in combination with another product that promised to correct uneven skin tone. The face wash lasted for 4 months of every night use. What happened though is extraordinary and I don't suggest you should follow my example. After maybe 2 months of using this product I realized that the concentration of glycolic acid was not high enough to have a visible effect on my skin. I checked online and saw that other users thought so too. Don't ask me to explain how I realized that the wash wasn't delivering, but I just knew after some time. What I did next is what I don't recommend to anyone but nevertheless this is what happened. I started using the face wash as a face mask every other night and left it on my skin, early on for 10 minutes and progressively all the way to 20 minutes. I used it all over my face and even close to the eyes to fight signs of millia. While doing so I also covered a rather big mole between my right eye and my temple. After some days the mole started to be sensitive and its root from the skin started to bleed every time that I would take off my t-shirt or towel dry my face. I visited the doctor who said that I should remove the mole. By this time I had not made a connection between the face-wash and the condition of the mole. Days went by and I continued with my "face mask". By this time the bottle was almost finished. Then I realized that the mole had started shrinking. The bleeding still happened from time to time but the mole too had started to disappear. One morning the mole was reduced to dry blood and when I washed my face it just dropped off. Since then I have a soft discoloration but no mole. Afterwards I thought that what had happened had to be due to my use of the face wash. I cannot be sure of course and I don't suggest what I did to anyone but without knowing I managed to get rid off a mole without resorting to surgical removal as I was planning to. Please, don't try this, as I now think i was too foolish although lucky. By the way my millia improved too but I honestly can't tell if it was due to the face wash or just a natural process over time.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

Finding a cleanser that meets a fraction of my oily skin needs has not been a walk in the park but this product has exceeded my expectations. This isn't your typical exfoliator with the usual beads, it's more of a clear gel but it lathers up really well so you don't need a lot. It comes in a 8.45 oz bottle which will last you a good year. It's a minty smell due to the peppermint oil and I love that it tingles as I wash my face. I find that every time I cleanse my face it not only feels fresh and stripped of the days makeup, oil and toxins but my skin illuminates. I have noticed my acne has been under control and my spots of hyperpigmentation are starting to fade. I mainly use this at night because the bottle states that glycolic and alpha hydroxy acid increases your skin's sensitivity to the sun but if you plan on using this in the morning just make sure your skin is protected by sunscreen. The only con I have for this product is that the price is pretty steep, I was lucky to find this when it was marked down.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

2.0

7 years ago

Not friendly for sensitive skin. I should've known any acid products are not good for sensitive skin but sephora rep swears it's fine and I can use it daily without a problem..... it's WRONG! it was actually great on the first day, my skin was glowy the next morning, so I kept on using it.... till day 3 my skin turn dry and flaky, so i thought "maybe a little more exfoliation can take the flakiness away" ... result is : burn and major breakouts ... it took me 1 month to clear the breakouts and inflammation. All i dare to use during that 1 month is aloe vera. I still use it once a while, I realized for sensitive skin, once a month chemical exfoliation is good enough for me.... I gave 2 stars because it really does good job exfoliating, especially good for T-zone area, it helps clears my pores, but just be careful it's not a daily cleanser for sensitive skin like sephora rep told me so.....it's quite pricy but since I only use it once a month it last a long time....

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

7 years ago

I have been using this cleanser in the morning for several weeks now and my skin has never looked so great. It's really reduced the appearance of acne scars, evened out my skin tone, and gave me a nice overall "glow".

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

8 years ago

Y'know, this product really taught me that you can react quite differently to the exact same product depending on what your condition/situation is at the time. So I think people should really consider such things when they're testing out a product. When I first bought this, I was on Yaz. The Yaz didn't seem to change my skin at all when I was using it, as in it didn't make me any more or less acne-prone or oily. But I think it might have made me slightly more sensitive? That's my guess for why I reacted poorly to this cleanser initially. I have a big problem with blackheads and I was hoping the glycolic acid in this would help. Instead, my skin became irritated and developed some cystic acne. Needless to say, I stopped using it. I assumed that the surfectant they were using was too harsh, even for someone who usually has hardcore skin that can tolerate most things. Later, I stopped taking Yaz and my hormones went crazy! My skin was oilier and my breakouts worse than ever before. I tried all kinds of things and everything seemed to dry out my face, even cleansers that I was fine with before like Purpose. The only thing that helped was Dr. Woods Tea Tree Castile Liquid Soup. lol I tried it on a lark and it actually helped, plus it's cheap and good for the environment. Anyway, as my skin started to calm down a bit, it was also really rough and scaly on some parts. I had all these half used cleansers lying around so I tried to rotate them to get rid of them. Lo and behold, the DDF didn't irritate me anymore and it actually made my skin feel a little smoother. No stinging and no cystic acne like before, and it's the exact same bottle. Go figure. So, ever since, I've been alternating the Dr. Woods and the DDF. One is gentle with tea tree oil, and the other mildly exfoliating. Now that my hormones are calming down, my face actually feels fairly soft. It really is a great, mild chemical exfoliant. My face isn't as soft and smooth if I use just the Dr. Woods, so I know it's the DDF. My face isn't like a baby's but still much more touchable than before. I'm curious about all the other glycolic acid face washes out there, so I might try some out since this bottle is almost empty. But if they don't work out I'd definitely rebuy this.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

8 years ago

I ran out of the Purity cleanser that I usually use with my Clarisonic. My skin was feeling a little rough, so I thought I would try something with glycolic acid. The product is a gloopy gel that forms into a nice minty lather. It cleans my face, but it doesn't leave it stripped. This product has helped prevent breakouts on my sensitive face. My skin feels so smooth and clean. This product is not cheap, but it's such a nice product that I don't mind forking over the money. I have used glycolic acid before and usually go through a purging period. I didn't experience it with this product. I'm happy that I gave this a try! I'm going to purchase another bottle soon : )

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

8 years ago

I love this. I am almost 42 with cloggy skin, starting some signs of aging, and periodic breakouts. I have been using this twice daily for about 4 to 5 weeks and my skin has definitely and incontrovertibly improved. Evenness, tone, smoothness, and breakouts have all improved. I use with Peter Thomas Roth 10% glycolic moisturizing gel and am loving my results.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

1.0

8 years ago

O.M.G. this product broke me out after only one use. I suspect that I'm just sensitive to Glycolic Acid, it may not be this particular product but I NEVER break out from something after just using it ONCE! Foams nicely, smells like medicine plus a bit of mint. After just using it once, I broke out in tiny little pimples all over my forehead. The existing blocked pores (tiny bumps on my skin) became inflamed. My face is now mess and I need help....DESPERATELY!!!!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

3.0

8 years ago

I got a very generous 2 oz. sample of this when I bought my DDF sulfur mask at Ulta. The first time I used this on my face, I broke out in 2 or 3 new cysts a day later. A lot of things break me out but the glycolic wash was the only new thing I had tried so I thought that it was probably the cause. I tried it once again, this time on my back and chest where I have more tolerant skin and usually use another chemical exfoliant and I got 2 cysts on my back within a day. I sometimes get mild breakouts of small pimples on my back but never large cysts like these. I gave up and gave this product to my mom who doesn't have any skin issues other than normal aging and she loves it and would repurchase, so I think this isn't a terrible product it just didn't work for me.

About reviewer (44 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

I actually use this to treat my acne-prone skin - the fact that it has anti aging properties are a HUGE perk, but not the reason for purchasing this wash. I have noticed such a dramatic difference in my skin since I've started using this. My skin is much smoother and I havent had a breakout (aside from the initial purge) since introducing this to my regimen. I first recieved a sample size of this product and while the price tag is a bit much, if a sample size last me well over a month, I'm sure the full size will last a decent amount of time. I first apply this wash and leave it on for a good minute or two until I feel a tingling sensation. I love it, I recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin who doesn't see much results from salycic acid washes.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24