OPI Pepe's Purple Passion

OPI Pepe's Purple Passion
Pepe's Purple Passion

2.8

on 9/24/2015 2:48:00 AM

For me this colour is more burgundy, than purple. The polish is loaded with glitter. Overall I liked this polish, but has that glitter been as visible on the nail as it was in the bottle, I would have loved it. The application was easy; I added 2nd coat out of habit, but I am not sure it needed it.

on 7/22/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

One of the few plummy/raisin tones I can pull off - it is almost like a neutral fig shade of purple with plenty of brown which makes it wearable for me (fair with golden undertones) I actually love that you don't get the red shimmer you see in the bottle as I hate glittery polishes (or glitter in anything for that matter) and it sits under the polish and gives it texture/dimension and opacity without being to shimmery. Very opaque, easy to apply and long wearing. I would have never chosen this in store, but had a pedicure at a day spa and they only had a limited range of OPI's to choose from the manicurist chose this and suggested it for my skintone - she was right it looked fab and made my toes look amazing. Don't be put off by the name it's not purple at all!

on 6/6/2012 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is like a vampy raisin colour with a tiny bit of a shimmer to it. I'm a bit disappointed, because the shimmer is more prominent in the bottle than on the nails.
The application was very weird with this one. The best way to describe it was "gloopy." It was quite strange, but it did only take two coats.
I probably wouldn't recommend this colour though, there are much better OPIs that are close to this shade that probably apply much better.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

This was a holiday color for OPI 2011. I saw many swatches on the blogs and it was one of the few colors I wanted. However on it was a gross prune juice shade with a horrible formula and hideous finish. No amount fo seche vite top coat could save this polish from a dull finish. Can't always trust the blogs.

on 2/10/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Probably the worst formula of any OPI I've tried. I received this as a gift and to be honest I'm not sure I would have bought it in the first place - it just hadn't caught my eye. However, it's not the color that I take issue with. This looks very pretty in the bottle, but the other reviewers are absolutely right - it is gritty and thick once applied. It doesn't become much smoother once dry, and shows off nail ridges, dry cuticles, etc. It is also darker and more coppery on than it was in the bottle. The glitter is barely noticeable. It also began chipping after less than 24 hours.

on 1/11/2012 10:23:00 AM

I agree with everything Txfarrier said. The color is lovely and the glitter looks great in the bottle, but it goes on very thickly and almost..gritty? It dries much duller than it appears in the bottle. The purple color is nice, but you really have to get up close to see the glitter at all. I put a shiny topcoat on, but it still didn't really bring out the shine.

on 1/9/2012 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The color is perfect, the polish is not. Its thick and globby and dries a bit dull. However I love the color so much I took the time to thin it out a bit, and finish with a shiny top coat.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Definitely not my favourite OPI polish. I was expecting so much more from this considering it is part of the Muppets range however I was disappointed. Firstly, the colour, which appears in the bottle does not look the same when applied on nails. By this, I mean that what appears to be a subtle, pink glitter in the bottle doesn't show up against the plum colour on the nail much. Also, the consistency is not the best, it's quite thick and is hard to work with and when dried on the nail, it feels kinda rough and not as smooth as what I was expecting. This grit-texture can easily be sorted out with a top coat, however I wasn't expecting this to be a necessary step considering this n/p is quite $$$. However, the colour itself is really beautiful once worked with correctly. Pepe's Purple Passion is a very deep plum with very subtle pink reflects, it's quite a 'vamp' colour, which I thought was quite put of character for the Muppets collection, however it's still beautiful. Therefore, despite the grainy texture and the misleading colour transfer, I really enjoy wearing this. Although, I believe there are many other dark plum shades out there, which would perform much better than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When this whole collection came out, I was overwhelmed by the glitters, so I didn't get around to checking out Pepe's Purple Passion until I found it at a discount store. It looked really pretty when my friend did a quick swatch, so I bought it. I think it's a beautiful shade and love the little flaky glitter inside, but I have to agree with other assessments that the formula leaves much to be desired on its own. I put some thinner in it to save it, but I hate when you have to do that to a new bottle. Still, a pretty, darker shade.

on 12/10/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The formula on this one is no good. Too thick and no gloss. Practically matte. The color is burgundy with pretty shimmers (at least it looked pretty in the bottle) and maybe only the tiniest bit of purple, but the formula is not typical for OPI. (A thick coat of Seche Vite helped.) I thought that someone had tampered with mine until I read the other reviews. It is an odd polish that goes on with oil slicks. Really odd. Unfortunately, this one is going back.

Popular Polishes