Avon Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser

No Image

1 review

Price: $

Price: $

MINERAL OIL, WATER, BEESWAX, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-40 STEARATE, CETEARETH-20, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, XANTHAN GUM, FRAGRANCE, STEARETH-2, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN.

on 2/7/2016 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this! In an attempt to cope with my dry winter skin after Neutrogena DCed their Extra Gentle lotion cleanser (RIP), I decided to turn to cold creams. For reference, dry, sensitive skin, not clog prone here. I don't like the Eucalyptus tingle of Noxema (also I always thought it smelled vaguely of fish), and I don't like the heavy fragrance in Pond's, and I didn't want to invest in such a huge vat as the Albolene (it only comes in 12 oz tubs at my d/s) . I noticed the Avon was only about $5.00 on Amazon including shipping, so I decided to try it. I use a q-tip to remove 2 large quarter sized blobs and massage over my face and neck, then wipe off using two large cotton rounds. This easily removes all my SS and a full face of m/u. Very gentle and non-stripping. Much, much better than foaming soaps and gels for dry, mature skin. Our grandmas were on to something! I feel maybe a slight residue, but this doesn't bother me because my skin does feel soft and clean by morning. I also don't mind that this is in a tub, I am just careful to use q-tips to remove, not my fingers. It's too thick come out of a tube properly. For some reason I had assumed this was fragrance free. It's not, so be warned. It has a very faint, fresh scent which is actually quite pleasant. Fragrance in skincare is usually a deal killer for me, but I really don't mind this. My only gripe is that this comes in a tiny tub. It is only 3.4 oz. It will be gone within 2 weeks by my estimation. It goes for as cheap as under $3.00 on the Avon site, so this is reasonable. I will probably try the Albolene next just because I don't want to deal replenishing such a tiny container frequently. Overall, surprisingly excellent product from Avon!