Avon Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

Price: $

Price: $

MINERAL OIL, WATER, BEESWAX, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-40 STEARATE, CETEARETH-20, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, XANTHAN GUM, FRAGRANCE, STEARETH-2, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN.

on 6/10/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm OVER THE MOON about this cold cream! I actually like it better than Ponds. It's more silky and doesn't smell as strong. You don't have too apply gobs either. I use just a cherry sized dallop at night to remove all my makeup including eye makeup. I gently smooth it on to dry skin in an upward motion and let it sit for a minute to dissolve the makeup. Then I use a makeup wipe or washcloth to gently remove the cream. (FYI: I read somewhere that you shouldn't use tissues because they can leave wood fibers in your skin. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I'm not taking any chances!) Anyways, you'll be amazed at how much stuff comes off on the wipe. Finally, I freshen with some witch hazel. Usually that's it. If I'm particularly dry I might add some eye cream or moisturizer just to the dry spots, but the great thing about cold cream is that it moisturizes while it cleanses, so you don't need a lot of extras.

The other great thing about this particular cold cream is how affordable it is. It retails for $3.99, but Avon runs specials all the time. I got my jar for $3.00 dollars, but I've seen specials as low as a $1.99 a jar. My only complaint is how small the jar is. It's only 3.4 ounces. However, I like this cold cream so much I didn't remove a lippie just for that. Overall, a great product at a great price.

on 9/27/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a fabulous product at a great price. Super moisturising and truly whips away all your makeup in a couple of sweeps including waterproof mascara. Give yourself a bit of a facial massage then remove with a warm wash cloth and you will have the most smooth and radiant skin. I think for oiler skins than mine this might be too rich or you could skip a moisturiser altogether, though I like to use a toner and as I have dry skin I apply a thick night cream over this to lock in the moisture. Glad they have brought this back as in NZ it is very hard to find a generic cold cream - ponds is no longer available here.