Phyto Phyto 9

3.8

Althaea Oficinalis Extract (Mucilage Végétal), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Arctium Majus Root Extract (Bardane), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (Romarin), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (Sauge), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Leaf Extract (Saule), Hypericum Perforatum Extract (Millepertuis), Lecithin (Soja), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Butyl, Ethyl).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a long list of promises: Moisturizes nourishes and smoothes / Prevents split ends / Tames frizz and static / Provides ultimate softness, suppleness and shine without weighing hair down.
It is designed for medium to coarse hair. My hair: fine, wavy (2A), frizzy, medium brown with blond highlights.
Not having medium or coarse hair didn't stop me from purchasing this product since Matrix Biolage conditioning balm that is made for the same hair type is my favorite hair product ever.
Phyto 9 isn't going to be my holy grail.
It gives my hair ultimate shine, it smoothes, tames static (but not the frizz). It doesn't weight my hair down no matter how much product do I use. I also don't feel it's residue on my hands.
My hair definitely looks healthier when I use it, but it also feels stiff.
I can't use it on dry hair because it makes my hair very stiff + on dry hair, the herbal smell of this product that I personally don't like at all lingers for hours. I can use the only couple of drops of Phyto 9 on a wet hair, anything more makes my hair stiff. What ultimate softness are they talking about?
I'm also not a fan of the packaging. It is an aluminum tube that gives way too much product when I'm not very carefully pressing on it. If traveling by airplane the product leaks.
After using it for about a month I noticed that ends got drier. The shine is definitely there, but there are no long-term benefits.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Doesn't seem to do anything at all for my dry damaged hair. I can't even tell when I have used it. Glad I bought this on sale and didn't pay full price. Would not repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I don´t understand why this product has good rating, it is absolute rubbish. I have bought it for my very dry, bleached hair to get some moisture and it did absolutely nothing. I have tried it on dry hair, damp hair, hair without silicone in it, mixed with argan oil, you name it. Avoid, it is not worth 2 EUR out of 22 EUR I paid for it. Waste of money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you're someone who has read my reviews, you'll know that my hair is an on-going life challenge (even more than my under-eye dark circles!). Another MUAer with hair issues contacted me and we've been writing back and forth about hair products. She mentioned "Phyto 9" (I think she actually wrote "Photo 9" but I figured it out) as one of her go-to products so I figured I'd give it a try based on her success. The only other Phyto product I'd tried was a points perk shampoo that I didn't like at all so, without her recommendation, I'd never have found this fabulous treatment. I apply as directed, to towel dried hair, and then gently blow dry and flat iron. I am loving the results - soft, silky hair that still has bounce and nice fullness (as opposed to out of control wave and frizz). The product is pricey, considering that the tube is fairly small and they don't offer a larger "value size" but this tube will last me at least 6 months and I will most definitely be repurchasing! So a BIG thank you to her (she knows who she is!) for bringing this product to my attention.

Nov. 2017 - I was surprised to see that there are very few Phyto products showing on Sephora's website (the only place in Ontario that I know of to buy their products). Phyto 9 was one of the products no longer even shown on the site so the next time I was in the store, I looked and they did have my 2 favourite products. I asked the SA what was up and was the line being phased out and she confirmed this so I bought backups of this and of Secret de Nuit Hydrating Cream. I'm really sad that the line is being removed - it has a few products that are "must haves" for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My super dry curls require a daily leave in conditioner, and my local Sephora quit carrying my standby (Quidad Moisture Lock), so I did some poking around the hair care area and came across this. I am on day three, and I LOVE this conditioner. Yeah, it's natural and whatnot, but I don't even care about that (better living through chemistry!). It WORKS! It keeps my curls soft and relatively frizz free, doesn't have an overpowering fragrance (I am quite sensitive to such things), and is easy to use. The only downside is that it is a bit pricey. But hey, at this point, I will just deal with it. My over-processed dry curls love it!

The only styling product I use now. I went cone free and my hair is a million times better. I needed a cone free styling product and in came Phyto 9. I use Rene Furterer carthame shamp and condish, both silicone free, and my hair looks much better and is not a dry broom. I may get the phyto straightening serum for salon blow outs since it is also cone free but I am loving phyto 9. Wash your hair well, with a non-silicone shampoo or this stuff cant get in, cones block everything out and that is a high possibility as to why your hair is dry. Took me 5 years to figure it out. If you use phyto on clean hair, you will see how awesome it is. The tube is small, very small, brace yourself and visualize a small tube so you are not disappointed. I have only had it a few weeks but wager it will go about 3 months. Worth every cent. It adds shine, softness, cuts the frizz and doesn't damage my hair one bit, makes it better.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am in love with this product.
Its been a while since I came across such a wonderfully easy but so efficient product like this.
Phyto 9 is a nourishing day cream for ultra-dry hair containing some great ingredients like macadamia oil, calendula, sage, soybean etc. It is almost odourless however does have a slight soy/macadamia oil type smell, but its nothing overwhelming & NO artificial fragrance.
Its a leave-in treatment that can be used every day. A small pea sized amount is used. Rub it in your hands to warm it up & emulsify & then distribute through your hair.
I am so addicted I keep this in my makeup bag & although I dont use it every day, I do use it most days for some extra moisture.
HG product for sure - will never be without.

Amazing product! Even though it's not the cheapest you can get and it doesn't seem like there's much of the product in the tube, I've been using it over three months and still got like the half of the package left. After washing my hair, I put a little (size of a chestnut I'd say, but my hair isn't that thick) in my hair ends and rub it in. It really does magic with my thin and even somewhat sparse hair. After drying it's soft and healthy looking like with no other product. I definitely recommend this and will be getting another tube of this miracle.

I permed and coloured my hair. I tried many leave-in creams and serums. This Phyto 9 cream has no effect on my hair and is a waste of money though I applied 4 generous pea size of it each time. Kerastase leave-in cream and serum work better on my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Heaven. My hair is in heaven... and I can hardly believe it was always right there in front of my eyes! My hair is soft, shiny, soft with out any frizz. But let me tell you, I kind of cocktail it up. I take a pea size of Phyto 9 and the tinest drop or 100% pure Argan oil and mix together in my palms. I smooth it in my ends. Then, for a little bit of silicone on top - I use Aveda Light Elements Smooothing Fluid (because it takes me forever to get through one). I love this stuff. I get not wanting to use tons of silicones, because my hair usually ends up just being coated but not moisturized. Moisture is key for my hair. Phyto is simply the bomb. I've tried tons of other leave-ins, but they were just not right. I miss Aveda's Elixir, but this is even better than that. I only use a pea size and I have enough hair for two people. My hair is shoulder length. Anyway, try it from somewhere you can return it just in case. but I am so happy to have found this little gem.