Hanae Mori Eau de Collection No. 4

Hanae Mori Eau de Collection No. 4

3.7

on 6/8/2014 12:21:00 PM

This is another contender for the sweetest scent ever award. If the color Purple had a smell it would smell like this. Really, though, its not to fruity. It's more citrusy/berry goodness than just candy or cupcakes. The box and bottle set the stage for what is to come your way. A nice shade of pinkish and purple. It looks good enough to eat. When I first spray it on I immediately detect what appears to be blackberries or raspberries. I checked the notes though and its not either of them. I think it's the black currant i'm smelling. Also, the notes include strawberry but I cant really detect a strong sense of strawberries. Maybe I am smelling strawberries but the black currant is covering it up. I can definitely detect vanilla and maybe slightly the toffee Hanae Mori No. 4 is not a straight up candy scent so to me the toffee. As the scent begins to wane from my skin I noted a woodsey smell. Maybe its the sage or patchouli in the perfume as no woody notes are listed.

I absolutely love this scent, however there are 2 things that made me rate this lower:

1) it's only available in a huuuge bottle of edt
2) the scent fades fast

If this were cheaper or had better staying power, it would definitely get a 5 star rating from me. Until then, I'll be on the hunt for a similar scent that I can actually smell an hour later.

EDIT: WOW, I can't believe I found a great dupe of this: Fresia by Zara (the clothing retailer). I was in their shop today and I noticed their fragrance line. Randomly, I picked up Fresia and frowned as I realized this smelled exactly like something I couldn't immediately place. Then, it hit me: No. 4. Some will note the similarities to Flowerbomb, as well, but it more similar to No. 4 since it isn't as peppery. The cost? A paltry $15. So if you love the scent of No. 4 but don't want to shell out $100+, do yourself a favor and check this scent out. The staying power is a little better than No. 4, as well.

on 11/10/2011 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Notes in Hanae Mori Eau de Collection No. 4 include bergamot, blackcurrant, marigold, orange blossom, wild strawberry, tonka bean, tea rose, toffee, white peach, purple sage, benzoin siam, patchouli, and vanilla. At first the effect is very similar to Prada Candy with the toffee note, but later dries down to something much more interesting with a richer and more complex composition overall and an emphasis on fruits, toffee, vanilla and woods, with just a hint of foresty greens. A delicious fall and winter fragrance. Nice going-out scent, but the
other side of that is a point off for being a bit perfume-y.

Popular Fragrances