Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipgloss in Electric Ginger (Shimmer)

Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipgloss in Electric Ginger (Shimmer)

4.8

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is for Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipgloss in "Electric Ginger". I first discovered it when I got one of those 5 or 6 mini lipglosses in a box for Christmas one year. Electric Ginger was one of the colors. I typically don't like "nude" or "sandy" looking colors, but I decided to go ahead and try it anyway just for kicks. Wow. I was blown away.

Beautiful, sheer nude color with nude/gold (not orange, but neutral or antique gold) finely-milled shimmer and random circular pieces of iridescent flakes. Gorgeous, gorgeous color. Had that typical vanilla-fig scent/flavor that Estee Lauder is known for. Not tacky and lasted for about an hour or so. I'm a Summer and do not look good in golden or nude colors, but that was not the case with Electric Ginger. It made my entire face glow. Not sure if it was the shimmer particles or the color/tone of the shimmer---it wasn't orange at all. Most gold-shimmers tend to be brassy or orange, but not this one. I didn't like the iridescent flakes... they were big and noticeable, but there weren't too many of them. But they weren't needed.

Some people thought that Estee Lauder's Pure Color Lipgloss in "Wired Copper" was a dupe, but it was not. Wired Copper was darker and more orange-y. Electric Ginger was neutral, not warm, not cool. It made my lips look like a million bucks. It's that kind of gloss where you want to have one for your bathroom, another for your purse, and another for back-up.

The tube sometimes leaked, even when the cap was on tight. It seemed to be a random issue as not all tubes leaked. Just some did and it wasn't too bad. Just around the lip of the tube.

Unfortunately, Estee Lauder discontinued this color back around 2015 or so. I've been waiting for Estee Lauder to bring it back. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. If I remember right, it was about $20 or $25 per tube. I've been looking for a dupe since with no luck. It's compounded by my dislike for glitter, metallic/frosty colors, nude colors, and funky tastes.

Eclectic ginger shimmerĖ perfect to put on top of nude shades, or by itself. Perfect for day and night. Pigmentation is great. Itís consistency is thick which allows it to stays on for long without smudging. Quick tip: A big plus of this product, it does makes your lips look bigger if you want that extra lift. Try it to believe it!

Best lipgloss i have ever tried, i wear it everyday by itself for a natural look or over lipstick for a more dramatic look. It is so glossy and the most beautiful color. Plus it smells amazing!!

on 10/19/2012 3:05:00 PM

Love Love Love this lip gloss, I rarely repurchase, but I'm on tube #4. Electric Ginger is great to wear over any color to add pop or flawless alone. It really does make your lips appear larger and brightens up your eyes...that's a lot of bang for your buck IMO. It's a must have in any make up bag. One downfall, not a fan on the packaging...its not awful, but it's just ok.

I have this from a Christmas set and love it. Lovely consistency, lasts really well and wears nicely. Not sticky at all, smells and tastes delicious. Perfect for discreet every day shine.

on 12/13/2011 7:56:00 AM

i like this lipgloss very much, it isn't too light, nor too thick. It's just perfect. The color is beautiful, as well. Somehow, I also consider it makes my lips appear bigger.